(#41 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

06-17-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKitagawa View Post
And some legs for me:

ughhhhhh, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.
How beautiful...
I'm not that fazed by insects. i grew up in an apartment in San Francisco that had cockroaches from time to time so i got used to them. Especially since i've seen how big the bugs are in El Salvador. i remember going out & catching grasshoppers with my cousins so that kinda got me over being squemish about them. But if i know that they won't kill me from a bite then i'm alright.

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-17-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilgewater View Post
The centipedes will bite you, but after 18 years of living in the sticks I have never been bitten. Stepped on one in my bare feet though. Felt like stepping on a gummi bear.
Yeah me too! well I always use to see them in my home or shake =/ what ever you could call it. Never had problems with them though or Black widows. When I use to clean peoples back yards, I always use to have a few crawl on me but it just tickles to much x). When I was living with one of my girlfriends though she would be all jumping around if she saw a little daddylong leg. It was amusing to see but use to hate it when she stepped on the poor thing Q_Q it was just surviving.
Once when I was in school she called me and was all "Oh myyyy goddddd there is a spider in my car eli!!!!! do something!" Hahahahaha I was just all "wtf am I suppose to do about it over the phone? just pick it up with a news paper and throw it out the car".
Heh always thought spiders and bugs looked cool even had a scorpion when I was in high school but I had to let it go into the wild cause the military didn't want me to keep it by my bed and no one wanted William.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-17-2009, 03:15 AM

Quote:

Here's a picture of some eyes for you:

Awwww come on you just have to say this one looks cute!, I think it does . . . all fluffy.

Thats the one that was in my ear!!!!! Just Playing, it looks like there hugging x).

Last edited by Hyakushi : 06-17-2009 at 03:17 AM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-17-2009, 03:18 AM

nobody mentioned camel spiders yet. i've spent 2 1/2 years in iraq during OIF so i had a fair amount of encounters with them.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1065/...7473ae.jpg?v=0
how do i embed pictures...

i found one of these in my sleeping bag before, really didn't notice the sucker until i scratched an itch. the itch was the spider brushing my ankle!
i was a medic and i found one of these suckers on my aid bag too. it shocks me every time i'm unexpectedly confronted with these things because of it's size and nasty jaws. their jaws are strong enough to crush a tiny mouses skull, i've seen it done and there's movies on youtube too!

Last edited by JackIsLost : 06-17-2009 at 03:22 AM.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-17-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihiino View Post
How beautiful...
I'm not that fazed by insects. i grew up in an apartment in San Francisco that had cockroaches from time to time so i got used to them. Especially since i've seen how big the bugs are in El Salvador. i remember going out & catching grasshoppers with my cousins so that kinda got me over being squemish about them. But if i know that they won't kill me from a bite then i'm alright.
I used to be okay with bugs, but over time I somehow grew to fear them. But at the same time I find them absolutely fascinating. And like you said about the red centipede, although I find it repulsive, there is something truly beautiful about it.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-17-2009, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
nobody mentioned camel spiders yet. i've spent 2 1/2 years in iraq during OIF so i had a fair amount of encounters with them.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1065/...7473ae.jpg?v=0

i found one of these in my sleeping bag before, really didn't notice the sucker until i scratched an itch. the itch was the spider brushing my ankle!
i was a medic and i found one of these suckers on my aid bag too. it shocks me every time i'm unexpectedly confronted with these things because of it's size and nasty jaws. their jaws are strong enough to crush a tiny mouses skull, i've seen it done and there's movies on youtube too!
Hahahahahaha there just like regular scorpions but not really common in japan, Same here well it wasn't on my ankle or anything its just one of our camels died and the next day we found one them in its belly. Where were you stationed?. Did you guys get two and pit them against each other it was pretty cool but we kind of got into trouble with that.

Last edited by Hyakushi : 06-17-2009 at 03:26 AM.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-17-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post

take away the "?v=0" at the end of the link to embed it.

that is one seriously creepy lookin thing. And it sounds even creepier than it looks. Are there any in Japan??
(#48 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

06-17-2009, 03:25 AM

@ hyakushi-yea it does look cuddly ^_^

@jack is lost-how big can they get?

@RKitagawa-i think its the contrast of the color that attracts me to it.

Hee hee, i was toys r us the other day & i wanted to get a remote controlles tarantula....GAWD how i would have loved to bring that with me anywhere !

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#49 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-17-2009, 04:20 AM

OHHH, bugs in japan, sorry about my stupid camel spider. my bad my bad
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Mauja (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
well.. bugs with a lot of eyes aren't necessarily harmful either lol.
Most centipedes are actually venomous though.

anyways, to each his own. I get the creeps from a lot of legs, you get the creeps from a lot of eyes.

Here's a picture of some eyes for you:
OH, but this one really looks like a fluffy toy