JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Talking What's Your Favourite Prefecture? - 12-15-2010, 02:12 AM

So everyone, out of all the Prefectures in Japan, which is your favourite? Try not to base it on one town/city, consider the Prefecture as a whole

Also it'd probably be best to keep it to Prefectures you've actually been to and experienced, rather than ones you just think look the best

If you have time, be sure to include why you like it!

For me, it has to be Kanagawa Prefecture. I've been to a few places in Kanagawa, both urban and rural. I consider it the Prefecture I'm most familiar with inside out. From my experiences in the places I have been to, I really want to explore Kanagawa further! I'm thinking of having it as my base on my next visit

I find this place so beautiful, and it has a magnificent style. I was never bored there every time I went. Believe it or not, out of all the times I went to Kamakura, I never visited the Daibutsu, not even once! And it's considered one of the biggest attractions there! Yet I was too busy with all the other fascinating spots of Kamakura to have any time to go there.
I think I spent as much as 3 straight hours at a shrine one time because I was in so much awe at its beauty!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2010, 11:34 PM

Well it's where I wanted to stay for my first trip and that would be Shinjuku, I sorta knew what to expect but found dozens of things I wouldn't have thought of

When I go back I'm hitting it again.

Last edited by Polar : 12-15-2010 at 11:38 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
konbini (Offline)
JF Regular

fav pref. - 12-15-2010, 11:47 PM

Nagano with its natural beauty majestic mountains and lovely towns.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-15-2010, 11:51 PM

I really fell in love with the natural beauty of Aomori-ken....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I really fell in love with the natural beauty of Aomori-ken....
Ahh that's a place I really like the look of!
I saw it on a travel show once while there was a festival going on up there, and it looks such a great place. :P
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar View Post
Well it's where I wanted to stay for my first trip and that would be Shinjuku, I sorta knew what to expect but found dozens of things I wouldn't have thought of

When I go back I'm hitting it again.
You've got some great pics there
While I was in Tokyo I didn't really have much opportunity to explore Shinjuku, but I went up this really tall skyscraper there and went into an Italian restaurant at the top, where I ate some pizza with a magnificent view of the entire city!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2010, 05:55 PM

Tons of Italian places there, and I had the best garlic bread I've eaten in my hotel who knew

I also picked it because I knew if I got hopelessly lost, anyone would know how to get to Shinjuku station

Now getting out of Shinkuju station on the other hand and at the right exit ...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar View Post
Tons of Italian places there, and I had the best garlic bread I've eaten in my hotel who knew

I also picked it because I knew if I got hopelessly lost, anyone would know how to get to Shinjuku station

Now getting out of Shinkuju station on the other hand and at the right exit ...
Surprisingly I only saw the one at the top of the skyscraper, but as I mentioned that's probably because it was the only place I had time for in Shinjuku. XD

And yeah it was a lovely pizza

Woah, don't even get me started on how I had to get out of that station! THAT'S what took up most of my time there! The exit was like its very own district with how big it was! XD
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-17-2010, 01:43 AM

hmm...

I'd have to say Osaka, mostly because it's right next to Kyoto and Wakayama, so you can hit up the temples and party life in Kyoto, and the beaches in Wakayama...
And the people in Osaka are way more fun than those in other prefectures, imo..

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-18-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
hmm...

I'd have to say Osaka, mostly because it's right next to Kyoto and Wakayama, so you can hit up the temples and party life in Kyoto, and the beaches in Wakayama...
And the people in Osaka are way more fun than those in other prefectures, imo..
I've heard a lot of people like to make Osaka their base for that reason of the location.
Yeah and they have their own dialect which is a pretty cool difference from other Northern cities like Tokyo.