LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyDemise (Offline)
喜悦

08-04-2007, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housetek View Post
Philadelphia where im originally from... well... lets just say were the 2nd Murder Captial in the US next to Camden New Jersey.
300+ murders just in 07 and only 10% get solved.

now thats a insane =P
Wow.. that is insane o.o I didn't know that...

Either way, I never had a problem in Japan.. I honestly never even worried about petty crimes while I was there. (Of course.. I had other worries, haha). I left my luggage in a corner for about 10minutes as I made a call. Not smart, but I was going crazy at the time, but none of my stuff was even touched.. I also carried around my messanger bag everywhere and never had anything taken >.> Of course, I was only out in the public one day out of my 5. (looong story T_T)

//end babble

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#42 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-30-2007, 04:08 PM

Never seen orphans...let alone pick pocketing packs of them lol.

I've never been pickpocketed or had my stuff taken *touch wood*, and I always left my bag at the back of live houses with the huge mound of other bags and it was always there at the end of the night. And I left my laptop on the train at narita once. Mmm yeah done lots of dumb things.

OH I have had my bike stolen...but I had left it unlocked for like 8 hours lol. That said there were lots of times I've left bikes unlocked (ok I forgot to lock it) and it's still been there when I got back. Generally the nicer the bike, and the drunker the person on the way home, the more likey it is to be stolen.

So yeah bike theft and some guy driving by on a motorbike and lifting your bag from your bicycle basket is like the only things you need to be wary about. Oh and good old fashioned chikan! (train groping)

おれんとこ来ないか?
(#43 (permalink))
Old
rachelsweet (Offline)
JF addict

08-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Maybe you just lost your stuff.

( ̄ω ̄ ) Wannabe 入れ墨の芸術家
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Laine (Offline)
とび魚

Send a message via MSN to Laine
08-31-2007, 12:49 AM

Isn't it common sense that if you're in any city, not just Tokyo, you shouldn't leave your belongings unattended? o_O