LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned

05-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaicui View Post
Europeans....pfft...u need to go to japan b4 u say nething...it might be highly unlikely in ur country but unless you've been there...don't doubt somebody who has actually lived in japan
Actually I think there is a way higher chance of this happening in any Western Country rather than Japan. Sound like something from Oliver Twist lol

(#22 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-23-2007, 02:21 PM

Samokan lives in Japan, yet to her, it doesn't make any sense. I don't know, but if it were true a group of orphans robbing people is a bit funny.

Europeans? lol I'm American, and robbing is VERY common in my country. People are jerks here, they'll kill you for 5 dollars and some change. Sad but true.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-23-2007, 02:28 PM

I currently live in the states so trust me..i think its alot worse in japan in certain areas than usa...the rural areas r nice in japan..but the metropolitian areas in my opinion are a bit worse than the US
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-23-2007, 02:33 PM

Wow, tha's surprising. Who would have thought...

I imagined being the opposite of what you said.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned

05-23-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaicui View Post
I currently live in the states so trust me..i think its alot worse in japan in certain areas than usa...the rural areas r nice in japan..but the metropolitian areas in my opinion are a bit worse than the US
Computer says no.

Stats say otherwise.. Japan is one of the safest, crimefree developed countries on earth. USA is the complete opposite.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-23-2007, 02:36 PM

lol ok im not gonna argue nemore..u think wut u want lol...i was born there and lived there for 4 years when i was younger..and i frequently go back to visit relatives so my point stands.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
cello77 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to cello77 Send a message via MSN to cello77 Send a message via Yahoo to cello77 Send a message via Skype™ to cello77
Lightbulb Japan is the safest country to travel to - 06-07-2007, 08:16 PM

I have relatives in Japan and visit quite often. In fact, just got back a few weeks ago. Crime in general does not happen frequently. In fact, studies have shown that Japan is the safest place to travel to.

"[edit] Trouble
Even with a rising crime rate, Japan remains one of the safest countries in the world. There is only a small chance of being a victim and it is generally safe to walk around at night. The emergency telephone numbers are 110 for the police department and 119 for the fire and ambulance services." from Tourism in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Senekisu (Offline)
New to JF

06-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Those were some bad kids. Look out for your stuff 'specially in public transportations.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
06-11-2007, 01:37 AM

I've never had ANY problems with thieft or any thing like that in Tokyo.

The only people who start problems are the gaijins =P
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
06-11-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensoninoue1 View Post
That is a ignorant comment, gaijins are not the only cuase for problems in Japan. The Yakuza cause lots of problems in Japan. I have also heard stories of young japanese guys getting drunk in bars and beating up gaijin for no reason becuase they are drunk. They know they can get away with it easier becuase the Japanese police do not care to help the gaijin as much. If you fought back, you would probably be blamed for the fight, becuase you are a gaijin. So if you go to Japan and get attacked, don't fight back. Just try to get out of there.
PLEAAAASEEE Yakuza tend to stick to their own territory and dont f with people.

watch toooo many gangster movies.

The majority of fights i've seen in Tokyo in my total of like 7-8 months of stay are all Gaijins.

ESPECIALLY when Fifa was going on. English people would start soo much trouble on the streets.

I've never heard of stories of gaijins just gettin randomly attacked.

And its pretty much true that the japanese Police dont care about Gaijin.

This is from what Ive SEEN and experienced.

alot of people go to Japan with this notion of oh yea i have Gaijin powers i can do what ever i want and get away with it.
I've seen very few aggressive Japanese. But i ALWAYS see drunk agressive gaijin, and also Military base guys who jus cause trouble and think there soo tough with all of their Military friends backing them up.

You've heard stories and seen movies, but have you ever experienced any of this first hand?
Have you ever seen Yakuza?
There just dudes in suits walking around and act tough. I've never seen any japanese start trouble like that.
At worse, there drunk and throw up or pass out in inappropriate places.

Japan is a safe place, it really is.
its not PERFECT, cuz no place is perfect, but compared to my home town, its pretty damn close.

if any thing, the most non gaijin problems would be caused by high schoolers who live in japan and are from different countries.

I.e Asij students. they get drunk and riled up and just do dumb things.