JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#171 (permalink))
Old
superabbytcs (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to superabbytcs Send a message via MSN to superabbytcs Send a message via Yahoo to superabbytcs
01-10-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you told someone in the US you like comics, they might think superheros, and told them you like manga, they might think of comics from Japan.

You both keep saying "style" but not what it is.

I do agree, if you look at the two there are differences in the ways they are drawn, which is why I have yet to be fooled by an "OEL manga".

If you wanted to say "I want to draw comics in the style of Osamu Tezuka or Kazuo Umezu" then I would understand what you are saying. But just saying "I want to draw in manga style" is meaningless, as within manga there are as many different styles and techniques, from the artwork to the storytelling as there are creators.

think of them as martial arts , there's different style like karate , jujitsu, and muay thai, but many people just tend to call it karate.

And those many people are wrong. The people that actually study and practice jujitsu and muay thai don't call their martial art "karate" only people too ignorant to know better.
Yes you are right I am sorry. I was having a difficult time actually wording what I wanted to say but you said it perfectly.
(#172 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-11-2010, 11:50 AM

I would rather do animation if anything, tbh. I wonder if there are any gaijin who grunt in that industry, that would be bizarre (in a good way; or at least not a terrible way). And I mean the authentic, not western produced.