JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
empresssewa (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up Louis Vuitton Or Gucci? - 02-07-2008, 02:19 PM

Which one do you prefer?

I personally love LV. I think it is more trendy and stylish.

Empress Sewa

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-07-2008, 02:25 PM

I don't care much about fashion but I guess that Gucci is much better.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
02-07-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
I don't care much about fashion but I guess that Gucci is much better.
I don't like any of them <.<" my style is different from them

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-07-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki View Post
I don't like any of them <.<" my style is different from them
You have a customized style?That is much better.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Gucci!
well older Gucci.
Not so much the brand-logo bags/shoes etc. Those really dont advertise anything but a DESIRE to look wealthy, they dont express actual taste. Anyone with any real thirst for "luxury" doesnt tote around a big leather bag embossed with 6 thousand stupid initials or cartoon whatevers. Those bags are too easily forged. But thats just what I get from my own experiences/observations. The logo bags remind me of those awful calvin klien tshirts everyone had in the later 80s early 90s; they were cheap to produce, made in vast quantites, and were generally available to all members of society (providing they pony-up the cash)

I liked Gucci when Tom Ford was redirecting the company, after one of the last Gucci children screwed it all up in the early 80s with branded shirts and all the same cheapo easily copied crap Armani "exchange" was doing. I LOVE TOM FORD, honestly the man is a genius.....and all his gothy fetish-y work in 2002 was really jaw dropping. (for me at least).

Im a designer nerd though..... I really love runway stuff and histories of luxury brands etc..lame me.

But yeah I guess Gucci for the win since Louis Vuitton seems to be relying solely on ugly grey sweaters on the runway for fall 08. Ugh theres only so much grey wool a woman can take. I get that he makes "ready to wear" and it has to appeal to everyday use, but bulky sweaters dont really denote creativity in my opinion.

Gloomth- Hand Made Gothic, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Vampire Clothing for Girls and Guys. Lots of <$50 one of a kind pieces.

Got a style you want? Email me, I might be able to make you something like it!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
02-07-2008, 04:15 PM

It doesn't matter much to me. I've never chosen accessories or clothing because of the brand name. *shrug* I don't really have a favorite. As long as it fits in with my style, I'm happy. I actually have a Louis Vuitton, but I bought it because it sparked my intrest as soon as I saw it, not because it was a Louis Vuitton. I love it! Both designers have items I like, but I have to really be in love with it to shell out that kind of cash.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-08-2008, 09:05 AM

LV for sure..just got a wallet 450 sgd ahhH!!!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MariYa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-08-2008, 01:50 PM

I agree with Gloomth, old Gucci design was much better, now theyre just trying to save theyre asses and dont come up with any unique designs. All they do is generic initials design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post
Gucci!
well older Gucci.
Not so much the brand-logo bags/shoes etc. Those really dont advertise anything but a DESIRE to look wealthy, they dont express actual taste. Anyone with any real thirst for "luxury" doesnt tote around a big leather bag embossed with 6 thousand stupid initials or cartoon whatevers. Those bags are too easily forged. But thats just what I get from my own experiences/observations. The logo bags remind me of those awful calvin klien tshirts everyone had in the later 80s early 90s; they were cheap to produce, made in vast quantites, and were generally available to all members of society (providing they pony-up the cash)

I liked Gucci when Tom Ford was redirecting the company, after one of the last Gucci children screwed it all up in the early 80s with branded shirts and all the same cheapo easily copied crap Armani "exchange" was doing. I LOVE TOM FORD, honestly the man is a genius.....and all his gothy fetish-y work in 2002 was really jaw dropping. (for me at least).

Im a designer nerd though..... I really love runway stuff and histories of luxury brands etc..lame me.

But yeah I guess Gucci for the win since Louis Vuitton seems to be relying solely on ugly grey sweaters on the runway for fall 08. Ugh theres only so much grey wool a woman can take. I get that he makes "ready to wear" and it has to appeal to everyday use, but bulky sweaters dont really denote creativity in my opinion.

I try to run away, forget it all…
The years pass, but pain remains.
These memories are like a thorn
Embedded deep in my heart…
It’s draining me drop by drop.
I can’t stop thinking about the past
The pain is too great, to just let it pass..
(#9 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-08-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariYa View Post
I agree with Gloomth, old Gucci design was much better, now theyre just trying to save theyre asses and dont come up with any unique designs. All they do is generic initials design.
to be fair they are still doing couture/runway clothing and a small line of ready-to-wear pieces. im smitten with tom ford, when he exited so did my genuine interest in gucci. their spring 08 rtw is kinda dull- mostly voluminous typical "bubble" hems and start black, white, yellow designs. Im sure we will soon see every crappy mall clothing store churning out black white and yellow sac-dresses of polyester *shudder*
poor gucci, they need tom.

Gucci spring 08:

Gloomth- Hand Made Gothic, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Vampire Clothing for Girls and Guys. Lots of <$50 one of a kind pieces.

Got a style you want? Email me, I might be able to make you something like it!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
minniemouse (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-08-2008, 04:55 PM

I prefer the first immage "LV"