JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#241 (permalink))
Old
AnthraxAttack (Offline)
JF Regular

06-17-2009, 04:27 PM

mercedesjin, so in the end this is about you identity crisis?

I've been discriminated against in history
This sounds ridicouls, we are living in 2009 here, not 1920. I doubt that you are almost a houndred years old.

You just go sniffing out every single little hint that you can splash the words racist over, to downplay others and make you feel better about yourself.

Unless you want to make racism turn in to a silly and radical concept, i suggest you chill out a little with your accusations. Our perception of beauty did not evolve from the idea of "hey, lets exclude those black people from our society"
It eveolved from the idea of finding the partner that could best carry our child. Status (from here the pale idea came from) and body shape (which has been and indicator of health, example: a curved body has a greater chance of a successful carriage. Fact by the way, and so on)

Let society evolve in a ntural way, and don't try to indoctrinate your rather radical ideas in to society, why not? See: north korea.

If you feel left out because you are denied certain goods in our society because of how you look, then be sure to stand up against it. However, there should be a clear line here. Acceptance and respect has to be earned, it is not something that you are rigthfully entitled to, non of us are. And a job that require you to look a specific way to get (modeling jobs in particular) comfort yourself with that 99% of the earth's population can get that job.

Believe it or not, non caucasians does actually stand stronger in society by law. If two job seeking individuals -- a black and a white guy -- has the same qualifications, you are to pick the black man.
(#242 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 04:41 PM

I know this 73 year old man (he thinks he's 20) who has been a nudist and has been tanning for many years. Every year at this time, he lays out in the desert sun (100+ degrees- too hot!) and goes from white to almost black. Of course this comes at a price, his skin is like leather.
Japanese (especially the women) know the sun ages you quickly and is bad for you. This is why many look younger than they are. Not because they want to be white.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#243 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraxAttack View Post
mercedesjin, so in the end this is about you identity crisis?

I've been discriminated against in history
This sounds ridicouls, we are living in 2009 here, not 1920. I doubt that you are almost a houndred years old.

You just go sniffing out every single little hint that you can splash the words racist over, to downplay others and make you feel better about yourself.

Unless you want to make racism turn in to a silly and radical concept, i suggest you chill out a little with your accusations. Our perception of beauty did not evolve from the idea of "hey, lets exclude those black people from our society"
It eveolved from the idea of finding the partner that could best carry our child. Status (from here the pale idea came from) and body shape (which has been and indicator of health, example: a curved body has a greater chance of a successful carriage. Fact by the way, and so on)

Let society evolve in a ntural way, and don't try to indoctrinate your rather radical ideas in to society, why not? See: north korea.

If you feel left out because you are denied certain goods in our society because of how you look, then be sure to stand up against it. However, there should be a clear line here. Acceptance and respect has to be earned, it is not something that you are rigthfully entitled to, non of us are. And a job that require you to look a specific way to get (modeling jobs in particular) comfort yourself with that 99% of the earth's population can get that job.

Believe it or not, non caucasians does actually stand stronger in society by law. If two job seeking individuals -- a black and a white guy -- has the same qualifications, you are to pick the black man.
It's funny that you cut off "in this lifetime." Racism still exists here in 2009. I'm sure you know that. Respect is entitled to every human being. It's called human rights. Society is evolving naturally. It's natural that oppressed people rebel and fight for their rights.

To say that white skin is better than black skin in anyway is racist. Period. I don't feel like I need to say that anymore.

Pretend for a moment that you're white in a world where you're not surrounded by people of your own race, and that you're constantly reminded of the color of your skin. Pretend for a moment that someone walks up to you and says, "My skin color is better than your skin color." Don't pretend for one moment that you wouldn't feel alienated and in pain, and don't pretend that you would be able to ignore that pain and move on.

It's not my identity crisis. It's called racism, and it plagues the world. Billions of people go through it everyday. It's not something to "chill out" about.

Questions for everyone, because I actually want to know what people will say:

Why is my skin not good enough to be a partner? Does the color of my skin indicate to you in some way that I'm less of a person, and so will have a child of less value? Does the color of my skin suggest that my uterus doesn't work, and that I won't be able to carry a child? Why is white skin a better option for a partner? Does white skin somehow mean that the person is smarter, and so the child will be smarter? Is it just that no one really wants to have a child that will have to suffer in this racist world?

And to continue with the questions: why is brown skin ugly? Is it because it reminds you of monkeys, or dirt, or something else unattractive? Is it because that's what your parents told you? Is it because on TV, you only see white women and men like Paris Hilton and Brad Pitt? Is brown skin ugly because, even now in 2009, it somehow suggests to you that people have been slaving away all day out in sun, and so must be of a less status than you? Is brown skin ugly because it means that the person must be a criminal? Does brown skin scare you because people of brown color are actually called "black," and black suggests something dark and evil, whereas "white" has always represented purity, innocence, and good? Or is it just because you're racist?

I'm curious. Please, anyone - explain why you prefer a white skinned partner.

LOVE: pass it on
(#244 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

06-17-2009, 04:47 PM

Mercedesjin, I respectfully observe that you have turned a thread whose purpose is clearly stated in the thread title into a platform to push your views and opinions on everyone else. This is generally called "thread derailing", and is not useful for normal discussion. Furthermore, you seem to think any opposing views (that is, people who do not completely agree with every aspect of your opinions) as the worst kind of attack imaginable, borne out of malice and self-superiority.

This is not the case, and it will help you in the future to not so quickly adopt the "wounded, misunderstood and downtrodden" role.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#245 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Mercedesjin, I respectfully observe that you have turned a thread whose purpose is clearly stated in the thread title into a platform to push your views and opinions on everyone else. This is generally called "thread derailing", and is not useful for normal discussion. Furthermore, you seem to think any opposing views (that is, people who do not completely agree with every aspect of your opinions) as the worst kind of attack imaginable, borne out of malice and self-superiority.

This is not the case, and it will help you in the future to not so quickly adopt the "wounded, misunderstood and downtrodden" role.
And yet there are so many others who have "derailed" this thread. If it was really so unhelpful for the discussion, why have people commented? Why am I the only person you've directed that comment to?

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm being malicious and self-superior. I think it's possible to ignore someone on this forum. I'm new here, I don't know how, but I'm sure you do. I suggest you ignore me if I really bother you that much.

(#246 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

06-17-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
And yet there are so many others who have "derailed" this thread. If it was really so unhelpful for the discussion, why have people commented? Why am I the only person you've directed that comment to?

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm being malicious and self-superior. I think it's possible to ignore someone on this forum. I'm new here, I don't know how, but I'm sure you do. I suggest you ignore me if I really bother you that much.
These two paragraphs, more than anything else, have shown me quite clearly you have great difficulty determining the object of comments. Or more accurately, believe all of them directed at you with the worst possible intention and overwhelming negativity.

Having said that, yes, some of my comments are directed at you. Many others have "derailed" this thread, but to my eyes they are in response to your original derailing and the subsequent problems explained above. It is quite easy to take a certain view and believe all different views exist only to attack yours. This is most often not the case. It is "discussion", not "accusation", the very nature of forum purpose.

As to why the comments were directed at you: again, from my skimming of the thread in the past few days, your comments are the most numerous and inflammatory. As such, they are more noticeable and provide the most material on which to comment.

Your second paragraph is an illustration of the above mentioned internal focus. The "malicious, self-superior" tone I alluded to concerns your apparent reaction to other people's comments on your opinions. I do not believe I need to restate fully that said comments are not attacking your positions, but discussing them with the additional points of view.

I shall leave the mechanics of forum member ignoring as an exercise for knowledge, and bid you good day.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#247 (permalink))
Old
AnthraxAttack (Offline)
JF Regular

06-17-2009, 05:06 PM

The moment you said respect is a human rigth, is the moment you revelead the real issue here. It is you who is the issue here, you have a superiority complex, or so it seems from your post.

And to answer your question.

I pick the later image. Beatuy does in fact go beyond race most of the time. Oh and if you don't pick the upper one, you are a racist, rigth?
(#248 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
These two paragraphs, more than anything else, have shown me quite clearly you have great difficulty determining the object of comments. Or more accurately, believe all of them directed at you with the worst possible intention and overwhelming negativity.

Having said that, yes, some of my comments are directed at you. Many others have "derailed" this thread, but to my eyes they are in response to your original derailing and the subsequent problems explained above. It is quite easy to take a certain view and believe all different views exist only to attack yours. This is most often not the case. It is "discussion", not "accusation", the very nature of forum purpose.

As to why the comments were directed at you: again, from my skimming of the thread in the past few days, your comments are the most numerous and inflammatory. As such, they are more noticeable and provide the most material on which to comment.

Your second paragraph is an illustration of the above mentioned internal focus. The "malicious, self-superior" tone I alluded to concerns your apparent reaction to other people's comments on your opinions. I do not believe I need to restate fully that said comments are not attacking your positions, but discussing them with the additional points of view.

I shall leave the mechanics of forum member ignoring as an exercise for knowledge, and bid you good day.
All right, so the comment that I've derailed this thread was directed at me, and you've acknowledged that many others have done the same thing. Now, why direct it at me? Is it because you disagree with me? Doesn't that mean that you are actually responding negatively to what I've said, and are attacking me because you disagree with me? Aren't you further derailing the thread by responding in such a way, and isn't everyone further derailing the thread by disagreeing with me? After all, I'm only one person - I made one comment. Then many people responded, apparently expecting replies.

Why do you think I've accused anyone here on this thread? I've pointed out the fact that thinking white skin is better than black skin is racist. People got upset and defensive. I haven't said to anyone, as far as I remember, "YOU ARE RACIST." I, on the other hand, have been called racist. Why aren't you accusing that person of being accusatory? I have also said numerous times that I don't like that this has become a back-and-forth and an argument, that I don't like the insults and negativity, and that I want this to be a mature discussion without people making specific rude comments to me, such as the one that you made.

I merely suggested you ignore me - for your benefit, in fact. Either way, thank you for being mature enough to realize that making that comment and responding to me negatively wouldn't take us anywhere but down.

(#249 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
It's funny that you cut off "in this lifetime." Racism still exists here in 2009. I'm sure you know that. Respect is entitled to every human being. It's called human rights. Society is evolving naturally. It's natural that oppressed people rebel and fight for their rights.

To say that white skin is better than black skin in anyway is racist. Period. I don't feel like I need to say that anymore.

Pretend for a moment that you're white in a world where you're not surrounded by people of your own race, and that you're constantly reminded of the color of your skin. Pretend for a moment that someone walks up to you and says, "My skin color is better than your skin color." Don't pretend for one moment that you wouldn't feel alienated and in pain, and don't pretend that you would be able to ignore that pain and move on.

It's not my identity crisis. It's called racism, and it plagues the world. Billions of people go through it everyday. It's not something to "chill out" about.

Questions for everyone, because I actually want to know what people will say:

Why is my skin not good enough to be a partner? Does the color of my skin indicate to you in some way that I'm less of a person, and so will have a child of less value? Does the color of my skin suggest that my uterus doesn't work, and that I won't be able to carry a child? Why is white skin a better option for a partner? Does white skin somehow mean that the person is smarter, and so the child will be smarter? Is it just that no one really wants to have a child that will have to suffer in this racist world?

And to continue with the questions: why is brown skin ugly? Is it because it reminds you of monkeys, or dirt, or something else unattractive? Is it because that's what your parents told you? Is it because on TV, you only see white women and men like Paris Hilton and Brad Pitt? Is brown skin ugly because, even now in 2009, it somehow suggests to you that people have been slaving away all day out in sun, and so must be of a less status than you? Is brown skin ugly because it means that the person must be a criminal? Does brown skin scare you because people of brown color are actually called "black," and black suggests something dark and evil, whereas "white" has always represented purity, innocence, and good? Or is it just because you're racist?

I'm curious. Please, anyone - explain why you prefer a white skinned partner.
Racism will always exists until we all mix to being one gray color (it's in progress already). Then they will find some other reason for hating. In my world all I judge people by is if you are a @$$hole or not. Nothing else matters to me.
As for choosing a partner, I had a black girlfriend before. She was beautiful, a model (beautiful inside as well). She broke up with me because her parents didn't like her dating a white guy. This is racism against me, but am I blaming the world about how unfair it is? No. Explain to me why many black women prefer to date white guys? I was told by several black women that it's because black men get what they want and leave the women, sometimes with a baby. They think white guys don't do this. Is this racism? Of course it is.
My choice for my wife was a Japanese lady. I was married to an American before and didn't like how I was treated. I feel that my second wife has the qualities I have been searching for all my life. She is very loving kind, smart, and independent with the right amount of submissiveness to let me feel like a man (no I don't abuse this, but it helps my ego a little. She gets her way most of the time). She knows that is just how I am, but it goes a long way when we need to cooperate. She knows how to push my buttons to get me to see her way. I'm not saying that there aren't other women in this world from other cultures or races that I might find these qualities, but I just happened to find it in her. Her race, skin color didn't matter.
My suggestion is to get over this chip you have on your shoulder. Life is too short to be a victim. You make your own future in spite of racist haters.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#250 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraxAttack View Post
The moment you said respect is a human rigth, is the moment you revelead the real issue here. It is you who is the issue here, you have a superiority complex, or so it seems from your post.

And to answer your question.

I pick the later image. Beatuy does in fact go beyond race most of the time. Oh and if you don't pick the upper one, you are a racist, rigth?
LMAO that's a really funny reply. (Ugh, I have the feeling you're going to think I'm being sarcastic, but I'm not. It's hilars.)

No, I think the woman on top is ugly as fuck because she looks like a zombie. I have no idea where you found that picture, but it's really funny that you did. XD

Okay, anyway. Seriously? I agree with you. Beauty does go beyond race. I personally feel really attracted to a person's smile, far beyond the color of a person's skin. Now, I wish that everyone felt that way, but not everyone does. There are some people who look at skin color first and foremost. There are people who think that the person below is ugly because she has brown skin. Those people are racist. That's all I'm saying.

Closed Thread