JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

08-14-2009, 03:45 AM

IMO- Not in middle school. You're still a kid. Lolita gives the image that you are younger, but there is sometimes some sexual vibes given off of Lolita. But I wouldn't say no to a Halloween Lolita at the moment.

You should wait until high school where you can go to school wearing whatever you want without anybody really caring to become a Lolita regular. I dress up in crazy outfits when I'm bored, and nobody really cares. It doesn't matter because everybody has achieved their sense of style by then, and you just see that person dressed according to their personality.

Don't worry about people's opinions at the moment. You can dress Lolita now, but you can definitely show you are better than the people making fun of you by ignoring their snide remarks.

You gotta be confident in your style! You'll feel much better wearing Lolita if you're confident.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#72 (permalink))
Old
junko44 (Offline)
New to JF

08-14-2009, 06:43 PM

if i were you and really wanted to go lolita, i'd say "screw it. i can dress however i want and if people give me crap, so what?" i'm a decora though, so i don't know how it would go for a lolita. i get stares and people call me a freak at school, but i just figure that if they can't accept how i am or how i want to be, then they don't matter. and they don't do it as much as when i first started. also, if you don't want to be called emo maybe you could try a "sweet lolita" approach. Sweet lolita wear pastels or reds and go for more of a cute look than gothic lolita. or even do both if you want! i know middle school kids are cruel these days, but eventually they'll learn to deal with it.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Tamar (Offline)
New to JF

08-14-2009, 09:38 PM

Wear whatever you want to wear. Just ignore everyone that makes fun of you. After about a week or so they'll learn that you don't care what they think and leave you alone.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
mangafreak (Offline)
EAT THE CAKE!

lolita - 08-27-2009, 02:52 PM

For one, im glad you had the courage to do that!!! NOT many people are strong enough to even try, so don't feel bad in any way. BUT i have to agree, maybe its a bit young, even if you are mature enough to handle rude comments and deal with people who are stupid and unopen-minded (is that a word?) Perhaps you should wait, cuz in high school there is many different types of dress, and then they could actually see what emo is. BUt remember, the chance could pass you by if you wait too long, like if you don't want to wear it if you got to college/university/workplace, so remember to enjoy your youth and make the best of it cuz you may never get another chance!!!

"Why waste good technology on science and medicine? Play video games instead."
(#75 (permalink))
Old
JojoBizarre (Offline)
JF Regular

08-27-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Basically, this is the real world. There will be people who will never tolerate you. So either stop caring, or stop trying. I've been spat on, had bricks thrown at me, my mate got his head smashed through a glass door at school, and it all escalated by someone not liking our clothes. If your prepared to deal with it , by all means, but if you aren't then don't bother. If you can't deal with someone calling you an emo then you won't be able to deal with it further down the line.
True that, could not have said it better!

Blame the others!
(#76 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

08-28-2009, 07:31 AM

Ignorance is not Strength, Lolita is a popular style today because it draws attention to "younger" female audiances. An older man (in his 40-50's falls for a young 12 year old girl, he goes out with her mother just to get close to the 12 year old girl named "Lolita". Lolita uses him to get close to another older man she has had feelings for.
Lolita is a sort of Fetish, if you do not know or understand why people put the style down then you really need to do more homework on the styles you choose.
Middle school "children" should not subject themselves to that state of mind.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-28-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post
Ignorance is not Strength, Lolita is a popular style today because it draws attention to "younger" female audiances. An older man (in his 40-50's falls for a young 12 year old girl, he goes out with her mother just to get close to the 12 year old girl named "Lolita". Lolita uses him to get close to another older man she has had feelings for.
Lolita is a sort of Fetish, if you do not know or understand why people put the style down then you really need to do more homework on the styles you choose.
Middle school "children" should not subject themselves to that state of mind.
OMFG...
you better NOT be talking about the book....
=.=
because.. i'm like.... 3/4 way done w/ it...
and DAMN it xD
that better not be a spoiler!!!!
>.<"""""

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.