JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Kimonos/Furisode/Yukata (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/339-kimonos-furisode-yukata.html)

LLawliet 09-03-2008 06:49 PM

yeah she did! it was sooooo fun. I had a blast. ppl kept asking me where I got it and if I had to pay alot though so I had to keep telling them that it wasn't too expesive (considering they had paid $4-500 for their dresses alone...maybe $1000 for the entire otfit. mine was like $50). I barrowed the hairpiece I was wearing and my makeup was done by a friend of our pastor's wife. So all in all, I saved alot of money on my outfit.

sakari09 09-03-2008 06:55 PM

Wow...That sounds tempting for all us poor people out there. LOL. I'll probably wind up making my furisode black with white underneath.

kelisi 10-01-2008 02:11 AM

Kimonos!!

Do you also dress kimonos?

mangafreak 10-01-2008 08:26 PM

Like to....

I'd love to wear kimonos, but they are so expensive, got to save up... I went on one fashion site, they were like, $800.00!!!:eek:

jdragon 10-01-2008 09:14 PM

in High School we had an Asian themed prom becuz
of the Koreans in our skool~
anyway, I thought about buying a
kimono for it but the only place(besides online) that
I found them at was the Mall of America & they
were super expensive...so I scratched that. lol
But they are really pretty...I wouldn't wear them
even if I could afford them though for fear of ruining
them somehow :/

Keaton421 10-01-2008 09:19 PM

I'm sorry y'all, but I gotta say this. No one but asian girls look good in kimono. Seriously. A white chick in a kimono is like a fat person wearing horizontal stripes, or a man in Daisy Dukes. Something is inherently wrong.

vs.

Ugh

Whities, stick to cocktail dresses. Please. If you imagined my skinny white ass in some traditional African clothes, you'd break a rib laughing too :D

jdragon 10-01-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 599274)
I'm sorry y'all, but I gotta say this. No one but asian girls look good in kimono. Seriously. A white chick in a kimono is like a fat person wearing horizontal stripes, or a man in Daisy Dukes. Something is inherently wrong.

vs.

Ugh

Whities, stick to cocktail dresses. Please. If you imagined my skinny white ass in some traditional African clothes, you'd break a rib laughing too :D

it's a good thing I'm not a "whitie" then, isn't it?
:rolleyes:
I think it depends on which Caucasian wears it.
Although, I don't know why they would...
Kimono's aren't exactly casual~ lol

Keaton421 10-01-2008 09:29 PM

I've seen plenty of all colors of people try it - it ain't pretty. I guess it's for the "tee hee, I'm trying new things!" factor but I can't stand it. Even my (Japanese) girlfriend said "I hate to say it but kimono are asian only, just like asian guys look funny in tuxedos"

Shanis 10-01-2008 09:43 PM

i know a german site where to buy it, they cost around 100-200€ that would be 150-300$ i think

edit: they are cheaper then i thougt, they cost less 100€ so they aren´t that expensive and they are imported from japan so i don´t think they are of bad quality

kelisi 10-02-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanis (Post 599318)
i know a german site where to buy it, they cost around 100-200€ that would be 150-300$ i think

edit: they are cheaper then i thougt, they cost less 100€ so they aren´t that expensive and they are imported from japan so i don´t think they are of bad quality

:ywave: :ywave: :ywave: really? can you tell me that website?