LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-23-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
bottom line.. if you are not wiling to spend the dollars for a good meal, mcdonalds is another world wide food chain.

raverboy
macdonalds is a rip off. I never go there unless i have to. Usually i can always find better food for cheaper
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-24-2007, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
macdonalds is a rip off. I never go there unless i have to. Usually i can always find better food for cheaper
damn did you really miss the irony in my post??

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-24-2007, 04:24 AM

I think it was more sarcastic than ironic, and sarcasm is hard to convey in a post.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-24-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
damn did you really miss the irony in my post??

raverboy
YES i totally missed it... how was that even ironic? to me it sounded like you were being serious or sarcastic. and if it was sarcastic then like any other form of chatting with a keyboard. its hard to recognise/
(#15 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-24-2007, 12:00 PM

Well I've always thought london more expensive. Like when I was at uni to buy lunch, which was just a sandwich, drink, and cookie or something would cost me £5 ($10) easilly. Even Mcdonalds it's nearlly $10 for a value meal (hah).

But Japan it's easiler to find cheap and cheerful food, like what gyudon at matsuya is like 290yen?

However Japan I think goes further with the higher end resturants. Like you want to eat real rare quality food you can...for example fugu sashimi that's still moving about on the plate sure.

おれんとこ来ないか?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
10-24-2007, 01:00 PM

Ha ha, that made me laugh. My french teacher goes about how good French food is...

I love Japanese food, and even though I'm in America, I can get authentic Japanese food for free! HA HA HA....<3 Like tomorrow~ xD

EDIT: And it's Osaka based food. muahahahaha.

Eh, food is food. We need it, so you better pay up! :]

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-25-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
YES i totally missed it... how was that even ironic? to me it sounded like you were being serious or sarcastic. and if it was sarcastic then like any other form of chatting with a keyboard. its hard to recognise/
the bottom line was who goes to mcdonalds and spends more than 5-7 bucks on a meal?? it even comes with a drink...and for 39cetns more, you can go for the supersized version.

raverboy

(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-25-2007, 07:55 AM

Yes, McDonald's is more expensive in Japan than America...but sometimes I just wanted a Big Mac.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-26-2007, 04:57 PM

have you noticed how different the quality of food is at a mcdonalds in japan versus the US?? yes, they still are greasy and oily, but i think the US mcdonalds used the cheapest oil that they can get. i forget exactly which type of oil it was that they used to fry their foods, but it only need to be changed on a daily basis rather than an hourly basis. that is what gives american mcdonalds a slightly higher fat content, which disgust me.

raverboy

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Laine (Offline)
とび魚

Send a message via MSN to Laine
10-26-2007, 08:08 PM

Hahaha. Just because the food is expensive doesn't mean it necessarily tastes extraordinary. Part of the reason expensive restaurant prices are so high is because the waitstaff is excellent, the decorations & setting are overly fancy, or the restaurant is in a high-rent, expensive location (or all 3). I've been to a few expensive restaurants (averaging ~$70 per person) where that was the case.