LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-26-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
Hahaha. Just because the food is expensive doesn't mean it necessarily tastes extraordinary. Part of the reason expensive restaurant prices are so high is because the waitstaff is excellent, the decorations & setting are overly fancy, or the restaurant is in a high-rent, expensive location (or all 3). I've been to a few expensive restaurants (averaging ~$70 per person) where that was the case.
WOW, london must be REALLY expensive then if ~$70 is fancy...... in england. fancy restaurants start from ~$200 (the one's i've been to anyway)
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Laine (Offline)
とび魚

Send a message via MSN to Laine
10-27-2007, 12:27 AM

Well... I'm not saying I've been to the most expensive restaurant in the city. It was just an example; the reason certain restaurants are expensive isn't necessarily because their food is rare or exquisite or whatever. It's because they have to pay high rent, or have an expensive atmosphere, or over-working waitstaff. But what's the point of going if not for the food? I guess for the image of luxury.

My personal favorite restaurants are cheap Japanese bars in the Village or Malaysian restaurants in Chinatown.

Last edited by Laine : 10-27-2007 at 12:45 AM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-27-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
WOW, london must be REALLY expensive then if ~$70 is fancy...... in england. fancy restaurants start from ~$200 (the one's i've been to anyway)
being that i'm not a millionaire, i would never go to a place that was an average of 200 bucks per person. on these expensive nights, i'd settle for a big mac and some fries.

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-27-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
being that i'm not a millionaire, i would never go to a place that was an average of 200 bucks per person. on these expensive nights, i'd settle for a big mac and some fries.

raverboy
i'm not a millionaire either. but this is how london is. and i agree with you, apart from the big mac. i'd personally go somewhere else. but the point is i'd never pay $200. whenever i've been to a restaurant like that. its my bro that pays, and where he lives in central london. he says that normal... sooo no complaints from me.

and also. you'd be surprised how nice the food is in expensive restaurants... it isn't always some food that you can finish with one table spoon. thats just ridiculous, i agree. but some of these expensive restaurants i've been to have some of the greatest food i've ever eaten... like the last time i went to an argentinian restaurant. i had the BEST BEST BEST BEST beef steak of my life. it had something special about it. it wasn't anything to do with spices or anything. it was just the fact that it was special argentinian meat that is soooooooo lovely.

anyway. i also agree with the fact that "generally" pricey food = pricey atmosphere.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-27-2007, 07:15 PM

with that in mind, ok, i'm sure that the cost of living in higher in london, but they also probably get paid more on an hourly basis. london doesn't seem like it's a place that is stricten with poverty.

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#26 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

05-13-2009, 03:58 AM

2nd in world?! wats the 1st?
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-13-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
2nd in world?! wats the 1st?
A year and a half old thread necroposted to ask a question that is answered in the OP.