JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
HappyIchigo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to HappyIchigo Send a message via MSN to HappyIchigo
02-26-2007, 08:57 PM

What is most difficult for me is polite language (丁寧語). But of course at the beginning it has been grammar, especially to connect sentences and to find out who or what actually is the subject of a sentence (in case they are not mentioned explicitly). And I also had to get used to get information by context, like to find out yourself whether "くつ" meant 'one shoe', 'two or more shoes' or 'a pair of shoes' in said context.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

02-26-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyIchigo View Post
What is most difficult for me is polite language (丁寧語). But of course at the beginning it has been grammar, especially to connect sentences and to find out who or what actually is the subject of a sentence (in case they are not mentioned explicitly). And I also had to get used to get information by context, like to find out yourself whether "くつ" meant 'one shoe', 'two or more shoes' or 'a pair of shoes' in said context.
Yeah i don't even know very much 丁寧語 I want to learn more but haven't had much time.

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#43 (permalink))
Old
HappyIchigo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to HappyIchigo Send a message via MSN to HappyIchigo
02-26-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
Yeah i don't even know very much 丁寧語 I want to learn more but haven't had much time.
me neither, but I can tell you, it's rather difficult. I never understood the Rotarians (mainly old men, or well, rather members of a 'service-club') during their meetings because they always speak very polite, like with 'sashiagemasu' and so on...

Last edited by HappyIchigo : 02-26-2007 at 09:40 PM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

02-26-2007, 09:38 PM

I get like only 2% of what there saying.

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#45 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-01-2007, 04:44 AM

yeah teinen is very hard. Even japanese themselves have to study them.

I tried studying them and it seems like a tounge twister to me, although I am able to understand a little by little as time goes.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Kepahl (Offline)
Banned

03-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Japanese is hard like a diamond.

one bishi two bishi mitsubishi....

mitsu mitsu mitsu mitsu mitsu mitsu mitsu mitsu = honey.

888 = honey.

82 = honey

nis nis nis nis nis nis nis nis nis nis = . nis
(#47 (permalink))
Old
izzu (Offline)
New to JF

03-01-2007, 06:48 PM

I've been studying Japanese for 1 1/2 years.

Personally so far and my problem is connecting sentances and knowing when to use the which particle, this mainly being for like... complex sentances.

Also Expanding my vocabulary in general.

and Kanji usage and pronounciation.

like「本」...

When used in the surname「山本」it says "moto", however when used in 「日本」it reads "hon". It can be quite confusing at times.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Hisgashi (Offline)
顺德人

03-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Nothing except the language itself. I mean, I can prounounce it perfectly, I know sentnce structure and all that since I know Chinese...but I just don't know enough of the language. It's hard to remember.

Chinois~ and proud : D
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-01-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzu View Post

Personally so far and my problem is connecting sentances and knowing when to use the which particle, this mainly being for like... complex sentances.

like「本」...

When used in the surname「山本」it says "moto", however when used in 「日本」it reads "hon". It can be quite confusing at times.

Its like Learning how to spell you have to know what word you are trying to write and how it is said. You can't just look at a Japanese word and know off hand what it says you have to actually study words them selfs. (basically you cant sound it out all the time)

As for the Particles on Complex sentences just remember what the last word you said. particles always follow the word they mark.

(#50 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-02-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzu View Post

like「本」...

we will have to remeber that kanji have 2 type of reading the "un-yomi" and the "kon-yomi". There is no specific rules as to which of the reading will be used when the kanji is used , so that's also very hard. And there are thousands of kanji and each of this kanji has a different way to them, so we will just have to practice more and more and more