JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-07-2007, 07:50 AM

what's hard for me? that would be grammar... grammar .. grammar..
especially to the part involving particles
vocabulary also, but in the long run, was able to memorize it with constantly using it..

about textbook, I found some 100yen japanese practice text from level grade 1-6. there are lots of fill in the kanji and its very interesting..

also have you tried, "Minna No Nihongo" , this book has been highly recommended by lots of Japanese teachers that I know. Most of the conversations here are/can be used in daily conversations.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
maya (Offline)
New to JF

02-10-2007, 10:55 AM

hm...for me kanji are very hard....whole word order and making sentences, that's not very hard for me. hehe....

It is very hard for me to remember the characters....(my memory is very very bad...) but...it helps a lot to write japanese on computer (finaly instalated the japanese writing system).

so...yeah...KANJI...this is very hard...but I want to learn them, AND I WILL!!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
vivideyecrystal (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to vivideyecrystal Send a message via Skype™ to vivideyecrystal
02-12-2007, 11:33 PM

For me, the hardest things about learning Japanese are:

1. All of the onomatopoeia! We were reading Momotarou in my translation class and couldn't find a good way to translate things like えんや、とっと えんや、とっと。We even asked a Japanese exchange student wahat it meant and he told us it meant nothing!

2. All of the inconsistancies in the Japanese langauge (I know we have our fair share of them in English) and the complicated grammar that you can find.

3. It's difficult to know who is saying what and about who when you're reading Japanese books or manga because of the Japanese preference to omit 私は/あなたに

That said, I really do enjoy learning this language. There's something about it that just keeps me coming back for more!
(#34 (permalink))
Old
kingofminami (Offline)
New to JF

02-13-2007, 05:53 PM

i think exept kanji that u have to learn by heart the rest is peace of cake...and may be grammar a lil cuz some words change following if it's past or present...
but it's an easy language...
i can say it speak french wich is much more difficult...
(#35 (permalink))
Old
musashi (Offline)
Is throwing the apples...

Send a message via AIM to musashi
02-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Proununciation and and learning the words are easy for me...but word order and the symbols drive me nuts!

If love is stupid, then I stupid you!

An Apple A Day Keeps Anyone Away If You Throw It Hard Enough...
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

02-13-2007, 09:29 PM

I have 3 Minna No Nihongo books and let me tell you there the best study books I have ever use ^_^

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#37 (permalink))
Old
RyuuTaizen (Offline)
New to JF

02-15-2007, 02:32 AM

Sentance structure and kanji are my thing. Just can't seem to learn the sentance structure right.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
02-17-2007, 12:04 AM

Excessum would say that finding Japanese learning literature on his native language is close to impossible, good thing he knows English a bit. And the sentence structure causes Ex to have nightmares. seriously

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Smileydude (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Smileydude
02-17-2007, 02:32 AM

by far, kanji is the hardest, in my opinion, I found this book in a bookstore with all the kanji that you're supposed to learn from like 1st grade I think all the way up to 12th- quite a sizeable book. I didn't get it, and I can't remember it's name. I am going to pick it up in probably 2 days or so, and I will get its name for you, if you want it.

I don't see why everyone finds sentence structure hard, I think it's pretty easy

Hi everybody! All I want is for someone to say back, and to gain a larger Japanese Vocab!!!!

Gain some vocab and help me here
(read rules on page 1 of thread before posting)

Do you know good Japanese? Do you need other language help? Come Here!
(#40 (permalink))
Old
wildrose1100718 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to wildrose1100718
Red face Want to learn - 02-17-2007, 05:53 PM

I dont even know where to begin actually.I need more along the lines of hearing it so I can relay it you know?.Anyone know of interactive Japanese leassons (besides a class room teacher) THANKS!!