JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
Rovian (Offline)
New to JF

02-23-2008, 06:17 PM

Flash card program for vocabulary

Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German and 58 other languages with BYKI software.

Japanese tutor

Japanese lesson from basics

Last edited by Rovian : 02-23-2008 at 06:24 PM.
(#72 (permalink))
Old
digyourownhole (Offline)
New to JF

02-26-2008, 03:39 PM

Here is another source, my first contribution to this forum. Hope it's not a double post. I couldn't find it here.

Nihongo o Narau - Learn Japanese
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-03-2008, 09:44 PM

Great site for learning to read/write Japanese. (Not much romaji in the higher lessons)

Usagi-Chan's Genki Resources

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#74 (permalink))
Old
82riceballs (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-04-2008, 12:40 AM

I think all these links should be put into the first post just for easier reading.
also to prevent double posts

"ヒサシブリブリダネ。”
   〜〜〜クレヨンしんちゃん
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
03-05-2008, 08:21 PM

I want a website where I can download MP3 files to my MP3, there are so many sites, I got myself lost =P

Thanks
(#76 (permalink))
Old
82riceballs (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-05-2008, 08:45 PM

that's why we need to put all the links on the first page and organize them to be more userfriendly

some categories could be:
Japnaese culture
Japanese language in general (subsections- kana, kanji, grammar, etc)
podcasts

etc...

should we just start a new thread?

"ヒサシブリブリダネ。”
   〜〜〜クレヨンしんちゃん
(#77 (permalink))
Old
BleachAnimeLover (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasswuwe View Post
(Yay first post!)

I am a beginner to Japanese, and I've spent quite a bit of time looking up websites to help me learn the language, and I have bookmarked just about every single one of them

Teach Yourself Japanese
This is a pretty useful site in my opinion- it explains about the parts of grammar, the pronunciation of each character, and even has sound files (at least for the hirigana).

Japanese phrase of the day (useful Japanese phrases for watching TV) - Nanika omoshiroi no yatteru kana
I am practically in love with about.com, just about everything on japanese.about.com is useful (somewhere on the website there's an explanation on when to use hirigana, katakana, and kanji). (Why I chose to bookmark that particular page, I don't know. I should have bookmarked the Phrase of the Day archive or something.)

Say It in Japanese - Kids Web Japan - Web Japan
I found this useful as well, not the best site, but you can learn quick phrases here. There's really ugly drawings (as this is a website for children) but there's this thing called "Quick Kanji" which is a cute way to memorize some everyday kanji.

TheJapanesePage.com - Learn Japanese for FREE -- How to Wow! with language, culture, kanji, and grammar
The GOD of hirigana tutors, in my opinion. There are silly (but dead useful) mnemonics for each character, and with each new hirigana you learn, you learn how to write some everyday words! The best part is the flashcards!!!!!

I really hope that these websites will wind up helping someone .
This is also my First Posting !!!!!

But, I love your links, as well as All of the Links in this thread !!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much !!!!!!!

My Avatar is Kanisawa, !!!!

She is 1/3 of Shuuhei Hisagi's trio ::

01. Ioga
02. Kanisawa
03. Shuuhei Hisagi

I also have Ioga !!!!!

Remember Episode #046 :: Authentic Records! School of Shinigami! -- Yes, I have a pic of ALL THREE of them !!!!!!
(#78 (permalink))
Old
sugoiaisukurimudesu (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2008, 04:54 PM

All Japanese All The Time Dot Com: How to Learn Japanese. On your own, having fun and to fluency
This blog has influenced me the most :3 I listen to Japanese music and shows as much as possible every day. Most of my Japanese learning is due to just hearing it all the time and picking up on words and looking up words in my dictionary that I keep hearing and don't know.

Rosetta Stone
When I have the time (at least an hour to devote to it) which should be every day, but I'm not always in the mood, I do lessons in Rosetta Stone. Rosetta Stone is the best Japanese language learning software. It's not free, but it works! There's absolutely no English involved, and you can choose whether you would like to read in romaji, kana, or kanji while the speaker goes over the word. Also, there are two different native speakers, a man and a lady, that take turns saying the phrases. At first, I really couldn't understand the man (or any men speaking Japanese) but now it's so natural. I highly recommend this program for anyone interested in learning Japanese quickly with little time put into it.

Fun Japanese Sites for Kids!
I've been looking for activities to do in Japanese on the web for a while, and really, I only find stuff in western languages. I have found a few websites, but I would love it if anyone knew of any interactive flash activities for Japanese!
kids.yahoo.co.jp
Yahoo is amazing ^^ There are tons of kids games with some vocabulary that beginners can catch on to :3 The Japanese is not "dumbed down" for foreign language speakers, but since it's for children, the situations are easy to understand (like "count how many bells there are" etc.)
www.web-japan.org/kidsweb
This is a really cool site! You can even switch to the Japanese language if you are more advanced :3 There are cute activities for children learning Japanese. :3

Software I use:
BYKI-Before you know it (useful Japanese phrases with pronunciation.)
Human Japanese (It's mostly a book with words that can be pronounced. They also have interactive quizes on what you learn)
Tell me more: (it looks like....an old Windows 97 program...but it goes over useful phrases and has many activities you can do to remember what you learn.)
Anki- This is what I use to memorize Kanji. I have about 900 memorized so far, so yes, it's been working great. Focus on the English translation, rather than the Japanese pronunciation and then when you stumble on the words in your reading material, you get an idea as to what the word and you can pronounce it as an example in the sentence :3

Others:

Youtube + Tubesucker = Great music you can listen to on Youtube without streaming it.
I use Tubesucker to download the music from Youtube so that I can listen it to my ipod without streaming it all the time.

Rikaichan-
It's a firefox extension that shows you the pronunciation and definition of japanese words (especially intended for kanji) It also helps when picking the right kanji while typing in Japanese. You hover your mouse over the word and it gives you a better idea of what the word says. Some kanji combinations it doesn't translate (just the two individually) but for most, it recognizes the two or more as a word (including the verbs with hiragana after it) and tells you what tense the verb is in.

Sharedtalk.com - The best free language exchange website ever. It shows all the characters in it's (flash?) based chats. It offers text and voice chats as well as an email thing. There are also chat rooms for particular languages. The Japanese language chatroom almost always has someone in there who can help you. I highly recommend this website to those who have a grasp of the language and want to practice. Romaji is okay there too. You will see hiragana and kanji, but not everyone expects it.

To type in hiragana/kanji:
Get the microsoft IME- it should be in your control panel, go to keyboards and add a keyboard: go to Japanese, and then click Japanese IME. That's all you need.
Now you get a toolbar that gives you the options of english and japanese. Pick japanese and click the input button to switch to hiragana or katakana. Type as you would romaji. When you type hiragana, you press enter when a word (or phrase) is done to keep it in hiragana (it takes a little practice to get the hang of it) and press space to choose your kanji if you want to.

If any of these were posted before, I'm just adding my two cents about them :3

:3 がんばって! Good luck!

さよならって言えなかった事、いつか許してね。同じ夢 を生きられないけど、ずっと見守ってるから。
Feel free to correct me
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
04-13-2008, 01:29 AM

Tae Kim's Japanese guide to Japanese grammar

Probably the best text I've seen for teaching Japanese :3 .

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-21-2008, 09:19 PM

[ post removed ]

Last edited by MissMisa : 04-22-2008 at 09:29 PM.