JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
luv4smileys (Offline)
New to JF

Post Need Japanese/English help, My graduation depends on this! T3T - 06-01-2009, 06:36 AM

Hi, I'm Caitlin.
If I don't translate the dialogue in my story into Japanese by tomorrow...
I won't graduate.
I only have a small portion left! T3T Please Help?

I only need the talking translate.****

A day or two later Akira wakes up in a hospital bed, wrapped in bandages. He is kind of afraid, because he is all alone. He looks around and all he sees is a bunch of lights and machines. He can’t remember exactly what happened, considering he was unconscious. He has no idea how he got there, or even if his love is harmed or not. Just as he is pondering these things, he hears a voice.

“Akira! You finally woke up!” Hailey is so happy that she throws her food ,that she just got, on the ground. “ I was so worried about you! I’m so happy that you are alright!” He hears her voice, and is put at ease.

“Hailey? But... what happened to Mathias?” He is still in a slight daze from all the pain medications.

“I...well. I put an end to that engagement.” She smiles at him, then looks down at her food that now belongs to the floor. “Oops... guess I have to go get new food now... do you need anything, love?”

“Actually, Hailey, the only thing I need is you. But I think I have that already, if I am not mistaken.” He smiles and grabs her hand, pulling her toward him. Then he reaches up and brings her face to his, kissing her.

“No mistake there, you definitely have me.” She smiles at him with a look of pure love.

“And you know something else?” He asks intently.

“What’s that?” She smiles, looking curious.

“I could really go for a sandwich...” His stomach growls loudly. Hailey Laughs.

“Sure thing. I will get you the best sandwich you will ever eat.” She laughs and then smiles at him. “Be right back then.” She says moving toward the exit.

Doushite, Aisuru koto ga muzukashii desu ka?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-01-2009, 09:28 AM

This isn`t exactly a lot of work to translate, so I just have to ask...
Why have you been able to get others parts translated on your own but not this bit? And why are you waiting until the LAST DAY before it is due?

I`m sure someone will translate it for you, but really - if your graduation depends upon it I find it really sad that you aren`t even trying to do it yourself. I would be glad to help you, but I have no interest in doing someone else`s homework FOR them.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
06-01-2009, 03:20 PM

You've also posted in the wrong section. This is the language exchange section for people who want to practice with each other and whatnot... I suggest you post something in "Japanese Language Help" if you want help translating. (Though I agree with Nyororin that you should be trying to do it yourself.)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-01-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
This isn`t exactly a lot of work to translate, so I just have to ask...
Why have you been able to get others parts translated on your own but not this bit? And why are you waiting until the LAST DAY before it is due?

I`m sure someone will translate it for you, but really - if your graduation depends upon it I find it really sad that you aren`t even trying to do it yourself. I would be glad to help you, but I have no interest in doing someone else`s homework FOR them.

I assume his/her problem in the direct speech is the presence of a high number of idiomatic expressions.
My suggestion is if you don't know the exact idiomati expression in Japanese, just walk around them. When I was studying English and I didn't know how to say something (I still do it now), I say the same thing in different words. So for example where it says "the food belongs to the floor" you can simply say "the food that fell".

Just an opinion...

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
06-01-2009, 11:35 PM

I always hesitate to translate against these kind of asking because it is not good for the learner to help by just translating it. To learn language, the important thing is not the translated result but the process.

I feel guilty just tranlate this without explaining. You can not learn so much from my translation.

Here, my translatin is just as a hobby traslation. I mean it does not reflect the original English exactly and your teacher will wonder if you did it when you submit my translation as it is.

1日後あるいは2日後、アキラは病院のベッドで全身を包 で巻かれて目を醒ました。彼は一人きりだったので不 を感じた。まわりを見渡すと、たくさんの電灯と機械 見えた。彼は意識を失っていたので、何が起こったの ったか正確に思い出すことができなかった。彼がどう ってここへ来たのか、彼の愛人が傷付けられたのか、 考えていると声が聞こえた。

「アキラ! やっと目を覚ましたのね」ヘイリーはうれしさに手にと ったばかりの食べ物を取り落とした。「心配してたのよ ! でも、元気でよかった!」 彼女の声を聞いて彼は安心した。

「ヘイリー? だけど、マシアスは?」薬の影響で彼はまだぼんやりと ていた。

「あたしは・・・あのね、婚約を解消したの」彼女は彼 に笑いかけ、床に落ちた食物を見下ろした。「あら・・ ・新しい食べ物を取ってこなくちゃ・・・。あなたもな にか要る?

「ヘイリー、僕が欲しいのは君だけだよ。でも、思い違 いでなければどうやらもう手に入ったようだし。」彼は 笑って彼女の手を取り、彼の方へ引き寄せた。彼女の顔 を引き寄せ、キスした。

「思い違いじゃないわ。私はあなたのものよ。」彼女は 彼に愛のほほえみを投げかけた。
「で、他に知っていることは?」 と彼は畳みかけた。

「なんのこと?」彼女は不思議そうに笑いかけた。

「サンドイッチが欲しいな。」彼のお腹が鳴って、彼女 が笑った。

「確かなことは、あなたが食べた最高のサンドイッチを 私が取ってきてあげるってことよ。」 彼女は笑い、また彼にほほえんだ。「すぐに戻るわね。 」と言いながら彼女は出口の方へ歩いた。

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-02-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryuop View Post
I assume his/her problem in the direct speech is the presence of a high number of idiomatic expressions.
My suggestion is if you don't know the exact idiomati expression in Japanese, just walk around them. When I was studying English and I didn't know how to say something (I still do it now), I say the same thing in different words. So for example where it says "the food belongs to the floor" you can simply say "the food that fell".

Just an opinion...
That is totally fine.
The thing is, in this case, I would feel much better toward helping them out if they`d tried to translate it on their own. Even if their translation was terrible, it would show that they`d put forth the effort to do their own work.
As it is, they`re really just cheating. I think it`s regrettable that they`ll pass based on someone else`s work.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-02-2009, 01:58 AM

It is regrettable that one member provided what he provided. I seriously hope no one does this again.

The Language Help section is by far the most educational and informative on the entire JF in my humble opinion. If it must become a place to promote plagiarism, which is probably the worst crime in education, I will want no part in it.

As Nyororin pointed out, posting the member's own work to request corrections is totally different from posting something saying "Hey, I want this translated by tomorrow so I can go to the mall now."
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-02-2009, 02:13 AM

I would just like to say a big thank you to RadioKid and NagoYankee for coming fourth so willingly to offer their much valued help on this forum to user's who ask for it.

It certainly displays true Japanese hospitality of which I would often experience whilst I resided in Japan.

Thank you RadioKid and NagoYankee

Cheers - Oz
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
06-02-2009, 02:30 AM

After quick consideration, I decided to leave the translation as it is because the translation is obviously not by Japanese learners.

I don't think I took the chance away to learn those conversation from the learner. He must compensate damaged characters and check whole translated Japanese word by word. It will take more time than the one when he translate by himself.

In my previous post, I wrote "I feel guilty" but it is not true. Honestly speaking, I felt guilty to leave his question opened because of the words "I won't graduate".

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Yukkki (Offline)
New to JF

english videotext books for help - 06-22-2009, 12:26 PM

2) AOTS - Shin Nihongo no Kiso II - The new base rate of the Japanese language [1993, MP3]
Shin Nihongo no Kiso II - The new base rate of the Japanese language
Year: 1993
Author: AOTS
Genre: audio book to
Publisher: 3A Corporation
Format: MP3
Quality: 128 kbps
Size: 443 MB
Deposit Files

3) AOTS - Shin Nihongo no Kiso II - The new base rate of the Japanese language [1993, PDF]
Shin Nihongo no Kiso II - The new base rate of the Japanese language
Year: 1993
Author: AOTS
Genre: Tutorial
Publisher: 3A Corporation
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned Pages
Description: The second part of the Japanese language textbook ...
The archive contains three parts of the textbook:
- Shin nihongo no kiso 2 honsatsu - in Japanese, actually - tutorial
- Shin_Nihongo_no_Kiso_2 grammatica - English. language
Size: 22 MB
Deposit Files