JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#191 (permalink))
Old
munzy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-28-2010, 03:11 PM

sorry double post!

Last edited by munzy : 11-28-2010 at 04:45 PM.
(#192 (permalink))
Old
munzy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-28-2010, 04:16 PM

Hello, I need an help to translate this:

あえなくキャップをポケットにしまっていました

Last edited by munzy : 11-28-2010 at 05:48 PM.
(#193 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

11-29-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munzy View Post
Hello, I need an help to translate this:

あえなくキャップをポケットにしまっていました
"I had no choice but to put the cap away in my pocket."

Cap = a cap on a writing utensile, a bottle cap, etc. I'm sure the context will tell you which.
(#194 (permalink))
Old
munzy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2010, 02:43 PM

sorry the late reply, thank you for the help!

I have a question, I already know the translation, but I need an explanation for the meaning, because I did not understand the sense:

for example if in japanese you say:

ドキッとする女の仕草?
an exciting gesture of woman?
and you reply with:ドキドキしっぱなし。

It's the heart that keeps 'pounding' the subject but which? Of the speaker' or it's an exciting gesture to 'heard'? this heart that pounding of the other person ? (so not talking about the own heart pounding'?)

Second phrase: (the same)

1晩の値段 (the price for 1 night)
(It's the price for 1 night in which sense? That if someone wants to spend a night with the speaker he required that price, or it's the price that the speaker paid to have 1 night? I understand right?)

reply:なにするかによる。(だんだん声低くなりながらw )散歩...手繋いで寝る....
腕枕で寝る....一緒に風呂...脱がしあうのか...
" It depends what would you do. (while voice gets lower gradually) walk, to sleep hand in hand with, take a bath together and undress each other...

司会:一番高いのは?
reply:そりゃもうちゅぱちゅぱ....やっぱメンタル、散歩 なら話聞いてくれるならお金いらない

Thanks again for the help!
(#195 (permalink))
Old
Decimus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
sorry the late reply, thank you for the help!

I have a question, I already know the translation, but I need an explanation for the meaning, because I did not understand the sense:

for example if in japanese you say:

ドキッとする女の仕草?
an exciting gesture of woman?
and you reply with:ドキドキしっぱなし。

It's the heart that keeps 'pounding' the subject but which? Of the speaker' or it's an exciting gesture to 'heard'? this heart that pounding of the other person ? (so not talking about the own heart pounding'?)

Second phrase: (the same)

(It's the price for 1 night in which sense? That if someone wants to spend a night with the speaker he required that price, or it's the price that the speaker paid to have 1 night? I understand right?)

" It depends what would you do. (while voice gets lower gradually) walk, to sleep hand in hand with, take a bath together and undress each other...

司会:一番高いのは?
reply:そりゃもうちゅぱちゅぱ....やっぱメンタル、散歩 なら話聞いてくれるならお金いらない

Thanks again for the help!
Err... what on earth are you reading?

「ドキッとする女の仕草?」 means something along the lines of "Gestures of an excited woman.", 'though in the context it has a slightly different meaning. I'll leave it to your mind to send it further down the gutter.

「-しっぱなし」 has a meaning of "has been (Verb)-ing", and generally has a negative nuance. (or at least a sense of being 'improper'.) 「ドキドキ」 is onomatopoeia (sound effects) for a heart beating (quickly). When followed by a 「する」, forming 「ドキドキする」, it means "to be excited."

This should be enough for you to connect the dots.

「1晩の値段」 refers to the fee of a certain type of service provider. Said service is carnal in nature.

Last edited by Decimus : 12-09-2010 at 08:53 PM.
(#196 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus View Post

「ドキッとする女の仕草?」 means something along the lines of "Gestures of an excited woman.", 'though in the context it has a slightly different meaning. I'll leave it to your mind to send it further down the gutter.
Really? I was wrong coz I was thinking the opposite: the teasing gesture of a woman (I read it as: the gesture of a woman that tries to excite)

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ
(#197 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

12-10-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Where in the phrase 「ドキッとする女の仕草?」 are you seeing "an excited woman"?

Chryuop read it correctly.
(#198 (permalink))
Old
munzy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Err... what on earth are you reading?
lol I know, funny jokes XD

Thanks for the replies..
I understand that can mean an 'the gesture of a woman that tries to exciten - or teasing gesture' it's almost the same, what I don't understand it's the reply that it's
"ドキドキしっぱなし。"

so how to translate? Like this? I has been excited? (「-しっぱなし」 has a meaning of "has been (Verb)-ing",)

This reply "I had been excited'" I still don't understand the meaning,
someone ask you "what's an exciting gesture of a woman"
and you reply "I had been excited"??
It don't make sense to me ;_;

The same for the second example: (I know the translation, what I don't understand it's the meaning of the "1晩の値段 ";
I understand that 「1晩の値段」 refers to the fee of a certain type of service provider. Said service is carnal in nature.

But I mean.... it's the price the speaker (himself) required for 1 night of service or at the contrary it's the price that was asked to the speaker for the 1 night service?
That's what I dont understand....

" It depends what would you do. (want do you want to do with me, or it depend from what I want to do with the person?) (while voice gets lower gradually) walk, to sleep hand in hand with, take a bath together and undress each other...

Thanks again for any help is appreciate

Last edited by munzy : 12-11-2010 at 12:20 PM.
(#199 (permalink))
Old
Decimus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Where in the phrase 「ドキッとする女の仕草?」 are you seeing "an excited woman"?

Chryuop read it correctly.
Sorry, I meant "exciting" as in "excitement-inducing", but for some reason I mistyped it as "excited" instead.

My bad.

Quote:
Thanks for the replies..
I understand that can mean an 'the gesture of a woman that tries to exciten - or teasing gesture' it's almost the same, what I don't understand it's the reply that it's
"ドキドキしっぱなし。"
This reply "It's the heart that keeps 'pounding'" it's the heart that pounding that it's the exciting gesture or it's the speaker which the heart starts to pounding? But in this case, I don't understand the meaning,
what's the exciting gesture? - an heart that pounding? or My heart pounding (just to heard about a question that ask about an exciting gesture of a woman?) O.o? That's the problem I don't understand the meaning.

The same for the second example: (I know the translation, what I don't understand it's the meaning of the "1晩の値段 ";
I understand that 「1晩の値段」 refers to the fee of a certain type of service provider. Said service is carnal in nature.

But I mean.... it's the price the speaker (himself) required for 1 night of service or at the contrary it's the price that was asked to the speaker for the 1 night service?
That's what I dont understand....

Thanks again for any help is appreciate
I can't quite understand your English, but I'll try to help where I can.

Judging by the context, it seems that the speaker of the line 「ドキドキしっぱなし」 is the one with the pounding heart.

Since 「1晩の値段」 precedes 「なにするかによる。(だんだん声低くなりながらw )散歩...手繋いで寝る....腕枕で寝る....一緒に風呂...脱が しあうのか...」 (and since the latter is a reply, it's a line by someone else), they probably mean something like this:

"How much for one night (with you/her)?"

"It depends on what you (want to) do. etc. etc."

I may be wrong though, and I probably am since I don't exactly watch AV movies.
(#200 (permalink))
Old
munzy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2010, 12:48 PM

Thanks again for reply!

That's the point,
the question

"How much for one night (with you/her)?"

it's the price for one night with you ?
or it's the price for one night with her?
the meaning change
if it's the price for 'one night with you' it mean that it's the speaker that required the things
if it's the price for one night with her, are the things that was/are required from the person toward the speaker.

It's not clear for me

As the same this:

It don't make sense to me even if it's the speaker the one with the pounding heart, what reply it's this?
If someone ask you "what's an exciting gesture of a woman"?
you reply with "I had been excited/pounding heart"?
What reply is this?
It could been reply 'it's the moviment of the hands, it's the eyes' etc...
but "I had been an exciting heart' it don't make sense, sorry again if I don't understand, and sorry my english.. I hope it's clear enough....
I don't know how to explain