LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Okimoto_Tatsuki (Offline)
.KUBOnoSHUGAitami

11-13-2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fioli View Post
Oh!!! So you have moved to England already? I thought you were going to. Because your Japanese line wasn't in past-tense ^^;

So maybe you wanted to express....

私は沖縄出身です。しかしイギリスに引っ越したため、私の日本語の理解力、著述力(文章力?)のレベルは低下しました。

I couldn't find the good word for 書くこと。I don't think that 「書くことのスキル」 is natural. But umm....著述力 is can be too formal??

decrease, fall = 低下

それでは、良い週末をお過ごしください★
Yeh sorry XD Sankyuu so much! My grammar is poor XD
(#32 (permalink))
Old
クレイグです

こんにちは - 11-13-2006, 05:26 PM

こんにちは、クレイグです。はじめまして、よろしく。
::: TAKE ME TO JAPAN :::
(#33 (permalink))
Old
ktulu7 (Offline)
New to JF

はじめして、皆さん! - 11-22-2006, 07:27 AM

これは僕の最初投稿です。 一緒に楽しく喋りましょう ね! え~と、ここにもう深夜になりましたので、明日 もっと喋りますね。 微笑 

Last edited by ktulu7 : 11-22-2006 at 07:40 AM.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Fioli (Offline)
JF Regular

11-22-2006, 07:42 AM

こんにちは~皆さん

I'm happy to read your Japanese.

Um, do you like to have some native Japanese ideas?
Or leave small mistakes so that you can write Japanese for fun.

If you would like to get some ideas or corrections, please write English line too. So that I (or other people) can guess what you wanted to express.

Sigh... I was looking forward to reading Misdo's diary(?). It seems he/she stopped writing T.T
(#35 (permalink))
Old
ktulu7 (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2006, 06:46 AM

私のは日本的な日本語じゃなかったんですか? 英語の 方が良いですか? すみません、最近あんまり日本語で 話さなかったんですけど・・・。 私の日本語は正しく なければ、間違いを教えてお願いしますね。 

友達になりましょう!
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Fioli (Offline)
JF Regular

Unhappy 11-23-2006, 07:29 AM

^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Quote:
私のは日本的な日本語じゃなかったんですか? 英語の 方が良いですか? すみません、最近あんまり日本語で 話さなかったんですけど・・・。
Well..sorry, did you intend to criticize me? This line can be ^^;;;;;
It can be that you are upset with me saying "my Japanese should be perfect, why do you say like I need advice from you?"

Quote:
英語の方が良いですか?
そういう意味じゃないんです。日本語だけでは何を言い たかったのかが判り辛いこともあります。英語の文を書 いておいてくれれば、より、言わんとすることを汲み取 れるからお願いしたかったのです。それにあなただけに 言っていたわけではありません。

No I didn't mean that I prefer read English, I wrote that I'd like to have English line + Japanese line so that I can guess what you really wanted to express.

I'm sorry I feel really bad. My English isn't that good, my English probably very rude and offends people...

Could you understand why I asked people to write English line with JP line? I wanted to know ...for example if you wanted to blame me or you didn't mean to. My other language skills are too weak, so I asked English line...

ネイティブから見れば、外国人の日本語は細かい部分 でおかしなところがあります。それを知りたいですか、 それとも、そのままにしておきたいですかという話です 。より上手になりたいか、それとも、日本語を使う楽し さを優先するために細部にはこだわらないでおきたいか 、ということです。

I wanted to ask people if you guys want JPs to correct your English or leave weird parts. To improve your Japanese language, better to get corrections, but then you can't really have fun speaking the Japanese language.

If people want to use the Japanese lang for fun and don't want JPs to correct them, then I won't. Since this section was "Language Help"...I was wondering if people want JPs to correct them or not.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
ktulu7 (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2006, 01:43 PM

Oh, haha, sorry if that is confusing. No, I honestly asked what sounded strange to you. I used Japanese often in the past with my friends and of course when I lived in Japan for a short while. I have not spoken in Japanese in a while, so I understand that I may say a few things that make sense but aren't 100% natural. It is good that you are helping people on this site.

Actually, in my daily life, I am tutoring basic Japanese to students at the university that are studying it, and am helping a Japanese woman learn English here. Criticism is fine. My messages on here were not made in order to be corrected, since I was quite confident that the meaning was very clear. If I ever say anything on here that you think doesn't sound natural, please let me know. I'm not amazing at Japanese, but I have studied it for a long time and can hopefully *usually* get my basic ideas across. Sorry if you thought I was offended. I really intend what my signature says: 友達になりましょう!

友達になりましょう!
(#38 (permalink))
Old
ktulu7 (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2006, 01:46 PM

Oh, one more thing: Don't worry about your English being bad. It's great to keep practicing. Your English is not rude at all. English doesn't have the same ways of being rude/polite as Japanese has. I think only your tone of voice when speaking, and maybe using specifically impolite words (such as curse words) are the main ways of being rude. Just relaying basic information like on here is not going to sound bad. Keep practicing, your English is probably better than my Japanese.

友達になりましょう!
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Fioli (Offline)
JF Regular

11-23-2006, 02:51 PM

Well I've noticed that English speakers are usually very confident...

But if you don't try to fix things that JP might think it's weird... you won't able to improve your JP anymore. It's great that people are able to think that they are talking perfect JP, but it can stop you improve your JP.

I was just asking if people want to have ideas from native JP speakers, or just want to talk freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
これは僕の最初投稿です。 一緒に楽しく喋りましょう ね! え~と、ここもう深夜になりましたので、明日もっと喋りますね。  微笑 
これは僕の最初投稿です。 一緒に楽しく喋りましょうね! え~と、 こちらはもう深夜になりましたので、明日もっと喋りますね。  微笑 

A bit weird to see 微笑 using that way... but maybe a few JPs would use it that way.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
ktulu7 (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2006, 03:13 PM

I agree that using 微笑 there was odd, hehe. I was just being silly. I try sometimes not to be OVERLY correct and formal, as my Japanese friends and family leave out certain things sometimes, but it can be confusing. I notice they leave out certain particles occasionally and so I get the bad habit too, but I may not do it correctly. Also, what is the difference here in using こちら as opposed to ここ besides maybe politeness? I figured that either one would be okay.

By the way, you have some really nice flower pictures on your website.

じゃ、今日は感謝祭の日ですから家族の町へ旅行します 。 私の所へ帰った後でもっと会話して良いでしょう?  元気でね!

友達になりましょう!