JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Simba (Offline)
New to JF

Kanji character help needed! - 11-13-2007, 11:05 AM

I'm having trouble figuring out which kanji characters are displayed in a couple of PDF files, and it would be a huge help to me if someone could type out which they are. My Japanese is poor and I'm not experienced enough to be able to tell what they are - the PDFs won't let me copy and paste them to enlarge them, and they are too blurred to view in the PDF file.

The files are:

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon...A_B_1752_3.pdf (page 42)

and

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/25940.pdf (pages 36-42).

Thanks so much if you can help !
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM

Those are entire lists of Kanji for some sort of course.

I doubt there is anyone who is going to waste a huge chunk of their time re-typing them for you. A few is one thing. A list of a hundred or more is another.

Why don`t you just get a normal book and study them?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

11-13-2007, 01:32 PM

there are hiragana on top of each kanji.. so what's the problem ??

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#4 (permalink))
Old
adama (Offline)
JF Regular

11-13-2007, 03:23 PM

Not trying to play gang-up, but seriously (as the poster above mentioned) phonetic readings for the kanji are posted above said kanji. Take the whopping weekend it would take to learn said readings, get a decent dictionary and have at it.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Simba (Offline)
New to JF

11-13-2007, 05:15 PM

Um, what? There are clearly no hiragana on top of each of the kanji characters in those PDFs... And there won't be in the exams for the course either.

Quote:
Those are entire lists of Kanji for some sort of course.

I doubt there is anyone who is going to waste a huge chunk of their time re-typing them for you. A few is one thing. A list of a hundred or more is another.

Why don`t you just get a normal book and study them?
I'm studying Heisig but that has over 2,000 kanji - I only need 600 for the course, the 600 listed in those documents. I've done around 400 in Heisig but I don't know many of the listed ones.

The problem is in those documents some of the kanji are so complex and in such a little space I can't tell what they are!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nattybumppo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-13-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba View Post
Um, what? There are clearly no hiragana on top of each of the kanji characters in those PDFs... And there won't be in the exams for the course either.

I'm studying Heisig but that has over 2,000 kanji - I only need 600 for the course, the 600 listed in those documents. I've done around 400 in Heisig but I don't know many of the listed ones.

The problem is in those documents some of the kanji are so complex and in such a little space I can't tell what they are!
You're right; I don't know what samokan and adama are talking about, because although the kanji are basic ones, there's no hiragana marking their pronunciations. (Well, not in the first one, at least. The second one's not loading for me.)

However, this is for a class, so won't you learn these characters in the course of the class?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Simba (Offline)
New to JF

11-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattybumppo View Post
However, this is for a class, so won't you learn these characters in the course of the class?
No; I'm entirely self-taught from books - the links just contain a list of the kanji required to complete the course successfully .

Last edited by Simba : 11-13-2007 at 06:32 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nattybumppo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
No; I'm entirely self-taught from books - the links just contain a list of the kanji required do complete the course successfully .
Well, you have my respect for being self-taught. However, I just looked at the second file, and typing all of those characters would take quite some time, and I'm not sure how having the list of characters would really help you all that much with your learning.

If you're convinced that it would, PM me and maybe we could work out an exchange of sorts.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Simba (Offline)
New to JF

11-13-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattybumppo View Post
Well, you have my respect for being self-taught. However, I just looked at the second file, and typing all of those characters would take quite some time, and I'm not sure how having the list of characters would really help you all that much with your learning.

If you're convinced that it would, PM me and maybe we could work out an exchange of sorts.
The problem is simply that I can't make out what some of the characters are - they're too small and my eyesight is poor - and enlarging the PDF file makes them somewhat blurry. The problem is mostly in the first PDF for the later kanji. The ones in the second PDF are mostly all fine .

Would it be a possibility for you to type the kanji into here from the first PDF from say, 8 strokes upwards? Thanks so much if you can, it would be a great help. Also from 5 strokes, the 3rd, 7th and 12th, from 6 strokes, the 2nd, 3rd, 16th and 21st, and from 7 strokes the 7th, 11th, 15th and 17th.

I'd really appreciate it if you could!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nattybumppo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-13-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
The problem is simply that I can't make out what some of the characters are - they're too small and my eyesight is poor - and enlarging the PDF file makes them somewhat blurry. The problem is mostly in the first PDF for the later kanji. The ones in the second PDF are mostly all fine .

Would it be a possibility for you to type the kanji into here from the first PDF from say, 8 strokes upwards? Thanks so much if you can, it would be a great help. Also from 5 strokes, the 3rd, 7th and 12th, from 6 strokes, the 2nd, 3rd, 16th and 21st, and from 7 strokes the 7th, 11th, 15th and 17th.

I'd really appreciate it if you could!
Sorry, this would take too long to do it for free. (I'd like to help, but I have real translation work waiting...)