(#11 (permalink))
Old
maks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-23-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite View Post
i agree completely
for some reason i was not scare by ringu *wondering*....

(#12 (permalink))
Old
aphrodite (Offline)
Korean Bombshell <3

10-23-2006, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maks View Post
for some reason i was not scare by ringu *wondering*....
i really isnt scary but it has a good story to it
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

10-23-2006, 09:18 PM

A really nasty Japanese horror movie is "Infection" I think it came out in 2004. It is definitely not for the faint-of-heart. It has a lot of gore and disturbing images. The entie movie takes place in a hospital....Has anybody seen it?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

10-24-2006, 02:42 AM

1. Glad to Help!
2. Try watching Ringu 2 it has a really creepy scene at the end that made even my tough heart jump!
3. I watched infection and fell asleep, the gore drug on for me kinda like it did in ichi the killer that movie was like 20% gore fest and 80% slow character development and too much talking. The begining of infection made me wanna throw up... but then again it wasnt too scary for me... i have worked in a hospital before and have worked the graveyard shift and even in the mental ward part. so not much about hospitals scare me...

Oh and by the by i heard they are making the movie "EYE" which is a pang brother's film into an american release... starring Jessica Alba... i had a hissy fit coz this movie shouldnt have been touched at all...

...blah....
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MRZ (Offline)
New to JF

10-24-2006, 03:26 AM

I'm not into horror movies but I did see the Ring Japanese version. What really grapped me was how the movie was done. The movie slowly unfolds itself so you want to watch it.

The amercian horror movie like Scream and I know what you did last summer doesn't grab me attention. You pretty much know what the movie is about like 20min into the movie.

It is also the style of the Japanese horror movie that sets it apart from the american ones. I think the Japanese ones have "feeling" to it. You watch it and you are kinda absorbed into it. But thats just me tho. I have also seen other non horror Japanese movies and have not really enjoyed watching them because of how it was done and stuff.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kinikuchunks (Offline)
New to JF

J horror - 10-24-2006, 12:36 PM

OK, I loved "The Ring" visually it was kick ass and disturbing. When I was in Japan my wife rented me "Ringu" way better storyline, but the special effects were so-so.

I seen the "The Grudge" I loved it, I thought it was a great movie. I haven't seen "Ju-on" yet but I am told it is a great movie as well.

I love japanese horror movies, for one reason, the ideas are fresh and innovative and they are not afraid to get some blood on their hands. The only movie I was dissapointed with was Suicide Club. I believe that this movie had a great Idea, but the script was poorly written. There were a lot of loop holes. I have to admit when one the guys jumps off the building and hits his girlfriend on the way down was fucken hilarious.

I know the US just did a remake of "pulse" looks pretty good. The japanese come up with the innovative ideas and we clean it up with pretty visuals, or fuck it up beyound recognition.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

10-24-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory_byrd View Post
1. Glad to Help!

Oh and by the by i heard they are making the movie "EYE" which is a pang brother's film into an american release... starring Jessica Alba... i had a hissy fit coz this movie shouldnt have been touched at all...
What there re-doing EYE in English with Jessica Alba? That is sooo stupid. EYE is that really good chinese movie right?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

10-24-2006, 11:00 PM

exactly what i thought... i threw a hissy when i found out! i was gonna be renee zelwegger... but she dropped it... man they should just drop the idea all togehter
man i like the remakes a lil but i think they are trying to doom asian horror films or something.... they do a good job on a couple but for all the basic horror fans they dont like the same outline for horror as we do who do like it and they bring bad comments on the remakes....
well it made sense in my head

...blah....
(#19 (permalink))
Old
jrocker (Offline)
New to JF

10-25-2006, 12:15 AM

the Grudge !!!!!awsome and the suicide club.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

10-25-2006, 09:29 AM

Japanese horror movies is very physcological, it makes you believe it can happen to anyone including you Id prefer Japanese horror over american anytime, the plot is deep and unpredictable, while american style is full of jumps but you always know whats gonna happen next, just in time for you to close your eyes on gore bits

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.