LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
myk (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
If anyone is thick it is you, since you didn't understand what we have said. We did not say we didn't get it, only that due to the fact that it was overloaded with ingredients, the pizza did not come out well, which is why we did not enjoy it as the Italians intended. The fact that one enjoys only intellectual movies or activities does not make him a genius, on the contrary, it makes him a boring nerd.
*puts down rubik's cube*
(#42 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-22-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
*puts down rubik's cube*
I am an artist not a mathematician, i'd probably vomit all over that cube, mate.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-22-2011, 07:56 PM

Such an overrated Movie! Some already have it in the top 10 of all time with The Godfather, Pulp Fiction and GoodFellas.. I mean seriously??

The story was I agree original and the acting was good too.. but that is far from one of the all time greats.

Platoon should be in there right myk
(#44 (permalink))
Old
myk (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Such an overrated Movie! Some already have it in the top 10 of all time with The Godfather, Pulp Fiction and GoodFellas.. I mean seriously??

The story was I agree original and the acting was good too.. but that is far from one of the all time greats.
They haven't made a movie that I would really call "great" in the last ten years or so, save for Tarantino films.

Yes! Platoon is the best 'Nam movie EVAR!
(#45 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
They haven't made a movie that I would really call "great" in the last ten years or so, save for Tarantino films.

Yes! Platoon is the best 'Nam movie EVAR!
You mean from all productions in the last ten years?

I would say that Kill Bill I was such an outstanding picture!!!

Inglorious Basterds wasn't for me..
(#46 (permalink))
Old
myk (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
You mean from all productions in the last ten years?

I would say that Kill Bill I was such an outstanding picture!!!

Inglorious Basterds wasn't for me..
More or less. I imagine there's some really good ones made in the last decade that I'm just not thinking of right now. But really, a great movie will jump right to mind. That's what makes it great.

Kill Bill 1 was so good that the second one pales in comparison... Except for the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique, that move is sweeet.

Inglourious Basterds is one of my favorites. What didn't you like about it? I felt that the casting was excellent and the writing was some of Tarantino's best.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-22-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
More or less. I imagine there's some really good ones made in the last decade that I'm just not thinking of right now. But really, a great movie will jump right to mind. That's what makes it great.

Kill Bill 1 was so good that the second one pales in comparison... Except for the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique, that move is sweeet.

Inglourious Basterds is one of my favorites. What didn't you like about it? I felt that the casting was excellent and the writing was some of Tarantino's best.
Ohh, I think the problem was that I was expecting something very different from it I wasn't reading anything about it before it came out, just that it was a WW II War Movie about Nazi Germany.

I couldn't believe what I was watching there.. Tarantino doing such a creepy, Satire, Comedy.. and humanize the Nazis like that. It just wasn't what I was hoping for I guess. Probably failed in my eyes because of that!

I also found the dialogue to be very un-Tarantino like.. Death Proof for example gave me that Tarantiono charm back
(#48 (permalink))
Old
myk (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Ohh, I think the problem was that I was expecting something very different from it I wasn't reading anything about it before it came out, just that it was a WW II War Movie about Nazi Germany.

I couldn't believe what I was watching there.. Tarantino doing such a creepy, Satire, Comedy.. and humanize the Nazis like that. It just wasn't what I was hoping for I guess. Probably failed in my eyes because of that!

I also found the dialogue to be very un-Tarantino like.. Death Proof for example gave me that Tarantiono charm back
I see what you're saying. But I think that he humanized the Nazis just to dehumanize them again. I think you'll recall the ending, where Hans Landa defects to save his own ass. I think that Tarantino did it that way just to show what slime the upper-level SS guys really were.

Hmm.. I don't know if "creepy" is the word I would use for it. In fact, I've always found Tarantino's dialogue to be pretty consistent from film to film (ie: he always seems to use the line "I know this is a stupid question before I ask it...). I've never seen Deathproof though, which is sad. All my friends tell me I've gotta see it. I think I'll watch it today

PS - I see that you live in Germany. How was Basterds recieved there?
(#49 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-22-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I see what you're saying. But I think that he humanized the Nazis just to dehumanize them again. I think you'll recall the ending, where Hans Landa defects to save his own ass. I think that Tarantino did it that way just to show what slime the upper-level SS guys really were.

Hmm.. I don't know if "creepy" is the word I would use for it. In fact, I've always found Tarantino's dialogue to be pretty consistent from film to film (ie: he always seems to use the line "I know this is a stupid question before I ask it...). I've never seen Deathproof though, which is sad. All my friends tell me I've gotta see it. I think I'll watch it today

PS - I see that you live in Germany. How was Basterds recieved there?
Very well I think, but they are everywhere all over Tarantino flicks^^ Also some of the bigger German stars starred in it, which I think gave it a boom as well here. In the media and all that..

Yea, Hans Landa was really an excellent charackter^^ He really deserved the Oscar no doupt.

You definitely need to watch Death Proof. I watched it 3 times alone in the cinema haha It's made to look like to be a very old movie from with bad video qualitiy and so on. Really some great stuff and the music alone omg

It's an amazing movie even if the story isn't very original at all lol

But the music and this was also a very important part which I missed so badly in the Inglorius Basterds.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:

Platoon should be in there right myk
I haven't heard of anyone placing in the top 10 movies of all time. Can you post links?