JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)
I is the Ebil Fuzzy BunnY

Send a message via AIM to Kayame
04-01-2007, 06:20 PM

I think the part when they fight in bamboo forest was a bit much, but I thought that over all it should atleast get 3 stars. But it was confusing with the blind being able to see, then the dying and who the enemy was and the bad guys @.@

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

04-02-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrazor View Post
i agree on both counts

*still has yet to see an english dubbed version of HoFD*
i have a big big hate of english dubbed live action films; i just hate it.. the word/lip-sync never matches up, and whole sentances can go missing and confuse a whole story line just because they couldnt fit in the words

im just used to reading subtitles now ^^

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

04-02-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth View Post
i have a big big hate of english dubbed live action films; i just hate it.. the word/lip-sync never matches up, and whole sentances can go missing and confuse a whole story line just because they couldnt fit in the words

im just used to reading subtitles now ^^
and most of the time, your to busy reading, you don't have time to even watch the movie, with out missing something

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

04-02-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayame View Post
and most of the time, your to busy reading, you don't have time to even watch the movie, with out missing something
ahh; im used to it now, so i read the subs in my pherifial (cant spell) vision, and can still see the full action

i was weird when i saw flying daggers on the big screen though, not so used to subtitles in cinema

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#25 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-02-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth View Post
ahh; im used to it now, so i read the subs in my pherifial (cant spell) vision, and can still see the full action

i was weird when i saw flying daggers on the big screen though, not so used to subtitles in cinema
i'm good at the subtitles...but i don't like having to READ what i'm watching...if i wanted to read, i'd get a book instead of a movie

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#26 (permalink))
Old
thattallguy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to thattallguy Send a message via Yahoo to thattallguy
04-02-2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayame View Post
I'm not sure if it's Jpanaese or Chinese, but It's a really good action movie i found. Love, tyrying to find it on dvd, but can't T.T so if anyone knows where I could buy that on DvD that would be cool

_Kayame_
I'm sure you can find it at your local Best Buy, that's where I bought my copy.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-02-2007, 04:06 AM

I found HoFD to be less of an action movie and more of an emotion based fantasy sequence. I like such sequences so I liked the movie. I thought it was very creative with the way in which the director shows that on one side there is a love that has lasted three years of sacrifice from a man, while on the other side the woman falls for just three days of care. It's up for grabs as to which is more true, but it was a very deep concept and IMHO the director truly did a wonderful job trying to portray such a concept.

On the contrary, CTHD was more of an action and less of a romance saga. Both films had action and romance but I found the action to be more pronounced in CTHD and the romance to be more pronounced in HoFD.

Good movies both though .. It just takes a while to really understand the deeper message in them.

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

04-02-2007, 10:00 PM

I just have the problem of wanting to look up to see what I'm supposed to be watching not reading it. I mean they could at least make it englsih, teach them their words in english, and do that, I would be soooooo happy. But I wouldn't like it if they did voice oversbecause I hate it when the lips don't match what they are saying because I also know how to lip read, so I usually end up doing that when watching movies.

BTW, I live in one of the biggest hich towns ever. We don't even have a super center wal-mart, more or less a best buy.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Arabian (Offline)
New to JF

04-03-2007, 06:47 PM

Fantastic movie...specially the fighting...
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

04-03-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabian View Post
Fantastic movie...specially the fighting...

The fighting was cool, but it looked really fake.