(#11 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

10-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
no.. actually i don't think you're too far off the mark >.>''
the real people who are 'unique' get like almost no exposure at all.
bands like candy spooky theater
and the upcoming kanon wakeshima

and what's worse, i believe, are those bands that were once something have now become just like all the others
i believe rentrer en soi is a good example >.>'
I think you may be right.

(I like Kanon, but am not yet sure about cst)

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#12 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

10-21-2008, 04:52 PM

I used to like a lot of bands - (Alice Nine, Gazette, Ancafe etc. I used to be a big fangirl and loved them.) but now I only find myself being remotely interested in one band...who arent that popular. I'm not even interested in Miyavi much anymore..and I never thought that would happen lol. I guess it has something to do with them going to America and stuff. It just kinda ruins the whole uniqueness of VK..it would suck if bands became too americanized.

My dislike for Gazette - they are 'mainstream' and also because of the 'GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD!!' and 'OMG [insert name of band or Jrocker here] IS COPYING RUKI" fans. PSC also seem to be passing outfits/hairstyles around each band and making them all look the same which is pretty annoying...originality isnt a bad thing once in a while. Bands are like puppets to their record labels.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
10-21-2008, 05:05 PM

VK was a genre that definitely caught my attention ..... as it was intended to do. But when the majority of the uniqueness was a departure from the expected visual image of a rock band, its destined to fade quickly. Visual stimulation is far more transitory than audial. Its good for getting press and rebellious fans, but not enough to sustain in any art form beyond purely visual arts.

I regard most of the VK bands that I listen(ed) to as the Japanese equivalent of western "one-hit-wonders".

Now Miyavi ..... well there is enough breadth of style there to prevent lumping in with any one genre or trend. I don't like it all, but the talent is unmistakeable.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM

I dun think VK lost it's light.

People just keep copying the shizz.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
10-21-2008, 08:25 PM

Really, I'm starting to fade away from VK as of lately. Going more into folk, indie, and jazz.

But, I keep up with the ones that remain true.

Dir en grey is, I'm betting, going to be forever changing. As for American exclusivity, I don't know their reasons. Maybe because America is the first place that took them in besides Japan. Or, their inspirations came from American bands. *shrug*

VK is pretty much like the Oricon Top 30 nowadays. :\

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-21-2008, 09:33 PM

There are a few VK bands who keep my attention, mostly Gazette, Naitomea and Dir en grey. I like some others, like Versailles, and Abingdon school boys.

However, I still stick to the old bands, like X Japan and Luna Sea.

What I find funny is, ask a new "VK fan" about Luna Sea or X Japan, and they mostly have no clue.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
10-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
There are a few VK bands who keep my attention, mostly Gazette, Naitomea and Dir en grey. I like some others, like Versailles, and Abingdon school boys.

However, I still stick to the old bands, like X Japan and Luna Sea.

What I find funny is, ask a new "VK fan" about Luna Sea or X Japan, and they mostly have no clue.
Or Cali Gari? By-Sexual?

Yeah. No clue whatsoever. :[

I asked someone about hide and they looked at me like I was from another planet. Irritated me to no end. D:

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

Send a message via AIM to Touya Send a message via Yahoo to Touya
10-21-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

So sad isn't it? I can name like ten VK bands that I guarantee nobody even thinks about... there is so much under the surface because frankly the fan girlies are more interested in the "gateway drug" bands. Get off the weed start hitting up some coke dammit.

There are still good VK bands out there, but you have to look for them. They're just not going to just in your lap and say, "hey like my music!"

For my opinion I can't stand Gazette, Alice Nine and all those 'tard bands. They're fan girlie bands, I think competing for the most screaming fan girls. You want good VK listen to stuff like Anti Feminism, Deathgaze, or Kuroyume. Get off that common dung. Merry, MUCC, Nightmare, Diru or SID are like borderline fan girl based. They're not really much to ga-ga about either.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Nickel (Offline)
Resident Biblophile

10-21-2008, 10:31 PM

I want Malice Mizer to get back together. Yes, its a hopeless dream...

Member of the Writer's Clan
Killer of Twilight fantards since 2005

(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-21-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touya View Post
So sad isn't it? I can name like ten VK bands that I guarantee nobody even thinks about... there is so much under the surface because frankly the fan girlies are more interested in the "gateway drug" bands. Get off the weed start hitting up some coke dammit.

There are still good VK bands out there, but you have to look for them. They're just not going to just in your lap and say, "hey like my music!"

For my opinion I can't stand Gazette, Alice Nine and all those 'tard bands. They're fan girlie bands, I think competing for the most screaming fan girls. You want good VK listen to stuff like Anti Feminism, Deathgaze, or Kuroyume. Get off that common dung. Merry, MUCC, Nightmare, Diru or SID are like borderline fan girl based. They're not really much to ga-ga about either.
i agree with you sis xDDD

nice work.

and wow. i cant believe i've actually managed an actual thread with decent discussion going xD

-pats self in back-

i agree with Touya, even tho GazE is my fave, as i said, they're still bass heavy and good for my ears =)

emilyluvsjmusic made a good point earlier tho. it IS after all "visual" kei.

Dir en Grey's been mentioned a few times. i'd just like to say how much they SUCK since they became "big"
its like the yakuza record companies are making the artists sound like turd and look prettier for the tard fangirls.

and Nan, yeah, VK's lost its light a little...

and i do like Claire's pointe =D

woohoo!

great people! i like to see what you all think about this VK business

and NOOOOOOOO Nickel, Malice Mizer were never that amazing xD Mana = untalented tranny