JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

Send a message via AIM to Touya Send a message via Yahoo to Touya
10-21-2008, 11:32 PM

Mana is not untalented, he's just reached the end of his creativity. The older stuff is beautiful but the new stuff... leaves something to be desired.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-21-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touya View Post
Mana is not untalented, he's just reached the end of his creativity. The older stuff is beautiful but the new stuff... leaves something to be desired.

no, he's just boring xD always was, always will be

(#23 (permalink))
Old
lself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2008, 12:03 AM

This is a really cool discussion, sorry to say i'm a kinda new fan so i guess i don't know much about "older" visual kei. I do know who Hide is though! Anyways, i agree that a lot of bands start to sound the same after a while, but i think that there are still a lot of good bands out there. I do love Alice Nine, Ancafe, Gazette, etc. and i would say they are very fangirl-based, but i don't think people like them just for their looks, or at least i know i don't. I think they make good music. Of course, everyone has a different opinion on what that is. This thought i had kind of fits in to this discussion, i hate it when people are like, "oh i hate ancafe cause they are all gay trannies, etc" just because it's not "cool" to like them, as opposed to say, either some band no one's heard of, or even like the Gazette or Mucc or something. If you don't really like them cause of their music, whatever, but i hate people who are like anti-something just cause it's cool. Sorry, I'm kinda rambling...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
angelbott (Offline)
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! O.O?

10-22-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lself View Post
This is a really cool discussion, sorry to say i'm a kinda new fan so i guess i don't know much about "older" visual kei. I do know who Hide is though! Anyways, i agree that a lot of bands start to sound the same after a while, but i think that there are still a lot of good bands out there. I do love Alice Nine, Ancafe, Gazette, etc. and i would say they are very fangirl-based, but i don't think people like them just for their looks, or at least i know i don't. I think they make good music. Of course, everyone has a different opinion on what that is. This thought i had kind of fits in to this discussion, i hate it when people are like, "oh i hate ancafe cause they are all gay trannies, etc" just because it's not "cool" to like them, as opposed to say, either some band no one's heard of, or even like the Gazette or Mucc or something. If you don't really like them cause of their music, whatever, but i hate people who are like anti-something just cause it's cool. Sorry, I'm kinda rambling...
Yeah..I agree with you ^^ I do love any Japanese bands. ^^

My first language is sign language 'cause I am born deaf and second is English it's hard understand for me sometimes my memory not good for I try writes right story/grammer of english okay? And read them too. So Deal with it.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

10-22-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
what happened to Visual Kei?

it's become somewhat "mainstream" now.

it's lost its "uniqueness".

we're getting VK bands who sound like turd and look more girly than Kylie Minogue.

where's the talent gone?

the industry's turned into such a "come and go" one.

this band can be big for 10 minutes, nothing the next, we'll get another band that sounds exactly the same who'll only last another 10 minutes.

all the music sounds the same, and it's hard sometimes to tell between one singer of one band to another, the look's just becoming copies of each other. it really does suck.

like WTF?

i used to be a crazy fangirl.

now i can find myself only liking GazettE out of the whole genre. just because its bass heavy and i like bass.

now, it seems like VK music no longer has substance. VK is just another "scene" now.

i will get flamed for this, i know.

but i dont care. i just wanted to express my opinion. this is a forum. a place for opinion. you dont like it, fine.

so who's with me?

or what do people think?

What happened to Visual Kei?

hey! I like kylie *hides*

But i see what you mean, I've not really listened to vk these days, Gone more poppish. VK is just full of people that try to hard and in a way OVERHYPE it a bit too much. Maybe thats why you're not feeling the uniqueness?

And because a few bands have decided to disband recently. *siiigh*

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#26 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-22-2008, 12:40 AM

Iself - i only hate Mana and say he dresses like a tranny cos i just feel he makes boring music. Beast of Blood for example. dear me, that's so freaking repetitive T_T

Mana cant play guitar, he has a $10 000 custom esp and cant play for shite and cant write music for shite.

and how many Mana wannabes have you seen spring up recently?

and Yin! Kylie is good for what she does xD i love you xDDDD
and i agree with you for the most part -nods-

(#27 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

10-22-2008, 12:43 AM

I agree with you..Mana is sooo damn boring and creepy. xD I've never been interested in him or the bands he's been in.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-22-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
I agree with you..Mana is sooo damn boring and creepy. xD I've never been interested in him or the bands he's been in.

woohoo! -glomps Claire-

exactly -nods-

and people who are Mana's pets and who try to be like him are just as bad -nods-

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

Send a message via AIM to Touya Send a message via Yahoo to Touya
10-22-2008, 01:33 AM

Beast of Blood introduced a lot of the older fan base into VK. It's not nice to dis it. Although I do understand what you're saying.

I thought ANCafe was JPop? It's VK? O_o No wonder the field has gone to shit.

A lot of the bands have gone Popish. Look at Sadie and D'espairsRay... what the hell happened? and SID went to Pop... our world is falling apart.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-22-2008, 01:35 AM

EXACTLY!!

WTF HAPPENED TO D'ESPAIRSRAY??

i'm so angry T_T