JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you openly tell people that you listen to Japanese music?
Yes, it's not something I'm ashamed of. 205 85.42%
Yes, but only to friends. 27 11.25%
No, because people ridicule me for it. 6 2.50%
No, not even to friends. 2 0.83%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#211 (permalink))
Old
Kagamizen (Offline)
New to JF

01-17-2011, 04:57 AM

whats up? new to this forum and this seemed like a good place to begin.
I like Japanese music because i think it is way more creative than most american stuff. as for bands.

L'arc en ciel was the first japanese bandi listen to. i fell in love with driver's high even though i don't listen to them as much anymore they remain at the top for getting me into japanese music

The indigo was the 2nd Jmusic band i listen to. i first discovered them thanks to otakon a few years back where they were the musical guest.

DIR EN GREY was the 3rd and overtook L'arc as my fave Jrock band. I love everything about them. seeing them live still is one of the greatest things i have ever experianced in my life.

The GazettE actually is tied with DEG on my list of fave bands. i randomly came across the video for zetsu and was hooked

Miyavi i really don't remember how i discovered Miyavi but i am glad i did. saw him live during his US tour during summer 2010. definitely was the highlight of my year. hearing him play please please please live was amazing. plus his new album is amazing.
and finally

LUMINOUS ORANGE- i came across them on a message about a year ago. they won me over instantly. I would definitely reccomend listening to there new album Songs of innocence
(#212 (permalink))
Old
BondageFruit (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2011, 02:11 AM

There are a multitude of reasons behind why I listen to the bands that I listen to. I could do what so many others in this thread have done, and post an individual reason for each band I've listened to, but as I know a good hundred plus bands from Japan, it'd be ill-advised for me to do so, because the reply would take forever to read.

That being said, I'll just say what I'd say to anybody who put me on the spot about the subject: musicality. Compositional complexity. Technical prowess. Instrumental chaos. And just being plain nuts. You can tell when a nation of people has too much time on their hands, because some of the stuff Japan's come up with is plain out there.

"You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered pansexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."-Frank Zappa
(#213 (permalink))
Old
Rakun (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Why do you like the bands you listen to?
'cuz they move my Japanese inner XD
Neeee, I just like 'cuz they really sound so cool as they play the bass as the same time they sing. I sometimes that the bass is speaking to us in a human form

What caught your eye in the begining?
That feeling, and vocals! I still amazed for this, specially for Alice Nine and Dir En Grey, and Aural Vampire such as I love a lot to Kanon Wakeshima

Was it their looks first, then you heard how well their music sounded...WHAT???

For Malice Mizer, it was their look

And how did you find them? Friends...Tv..Internet?

Friend and internet. My friend informed that actually I have heard a bit of it in some videogames; for example, one of Aural Vampire's songs was played for Mortal Kombat.
(#214 (permalink))
Old
koriroxx (Offline)
New to JF

01-31-2011, 05:45 AM

I pretty much listen to The Pillows, Morning Musume, Asian Kung Fu Generation, and Maximum The Hormone. My musical tastes are pretty diverse (ranging from pop to metal) so I like all of it.

I'm not sure how I was introduced to the music, possibly just because I wanted something to listen to that would help me practice... Oh, man, is it hard to understand what Maximum The Hormone is singing about... lol

Follow me on twitter for a kanji of the day.
I make websites! Visit mine - kori-designs
(#215 (permalink))
Old
luffyg2 (Offline)
New to JF

02-04-2011, 06:55 PM

Why do i listen to Japanese music you ask..well because its good... do i need another reason.. for me as long as something is good im going to listen to it whatever it is
(#216 (permalink))
Old
songolekor (Offline)
New to JF

03-26-2011, 01:06 AM

before, sorry for my bad english :shy

hm.. Why i listen japanese music.. For sure, i dont know the lyric song, but i like to hearing it, the music of japan is interesting, i like to hear ikimonogakari, YUI, and the skatepunk band dustbox, ken yokohama, ellegarden(for skatepunkband usually using english lyric)
(#217 (permalink))
Old
Rinai (Offline)
JF Regular

03-26-2011, 04:45 AM

I listen to Japanese music for the same reason I listen to Spanish, French, and English music. They have a personality of the culture to it and it adds a variety to my playlist. I think what mainly got me interested in Japanese music was watching Cowboy Bebop even though it was more of a jazz sort of thing than Japanese but that was kind of my root for exploring it and all. My favorite right now has to be Tokyo Jihen.

*plooka plooka*

Rin no talk. 私の一番な色は何ですか。「Day--」 黒沼爽子と翔太くん。いつでも/もじもじ-- 30
(#218 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-26-2011, 11:16 AM

It's hard to say why I like Japanese music,it's just mostly better. The only english things I listen to are Busted,Power Rangers songs,there's a few select bands I can just about tolerate,I'm always up for Bon Jovi and on Eurovision there's always at least one song I like.
(#219 (permalink))
Old
myk (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-20-2011, 04:11 PM

the first japanese band i got into was maximum the hormone. i found them by chance. i was on jumping from band profile to band profile on myspace and came across MTH's. the name caught my attention so i listened to koi no mega lover. then the rest of the songs on their player. then to every song i could find by them.

there's also a doom metal band called church of misery that i'm really into. nice and riffy. this is my favorite song of theirs. check it out if you're into that sort of thing.

YouTube - Church Of Misery - Badlands (Charles Stalkweather)
(#220 (permalink))
Old
riikuroro (Offline)
New to JF

04-21-2011, 07:24 AM

I listen to japanese music because I am Japanese..?wwww