JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you openly tell people that you listen to Japanese music?
Yes, it's not something I'm ashamed of. 205 85.42%
Yes, but only to friends. 27 11.25%
No, because people ridicule me for it. 6 2.50%
No, not even to friends. 2 0.83%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

03-29-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeiMiao View Post

And besides, i just love the genres and different sounds jap. music has from my own country's style >.< <3
Jap. music?

What are ya, a WWII veteran?
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-29-2009, 10:14 AM

I listen to Japanese music.. but it's not the only country whose music I listen too...

I'm loving that Jai Ho song at the moment...

YouTube - Slumdog Millionaire - During The Credits

Such an awesome song from an awesome movie!
(#113 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-29-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
Jap. music?

What are ya, a WWII veteran?
I agree that the term shouldn't be used for one simple reason. It's part of the forum rules. But to add the WWII veteran thing is just asking for trouble and far more offensive in my eyes than someone using JAP for an abreviation of Japanese. Heck, even Kenzo Takada uses the term Jap, and a lot of countries don't even consider it to be a offensive term!

As for the topic... I like a lot of music from a lot of countries. I'm not a huge fan of Japanese music, but there are some artists I like. The first Japanese music I ever heard was from The Kinky Kids... To this day, I enjoy listening to their music when in a certain mood.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-29-2009, 12:24 PM

Worse than the use of the term Jap is over-reaction to it's use... I have to agree with noodle here.
(#115 (permalink))
Old
hikkiFM (Offline)
Pink Is Life

Send a message via Yahoo to hikkiFM
03-29-2009, 12:55 PM

i love jpop... here's my playlist..

Otosan - Sephiroth VVC ,Okaasan -ChiAmaterasuNeko
Onee chan - Pexter
(#116 (permalink))
Old
AnimeBaby112 (Offline)
Banned

03-29-2009, 01:42 PM

I listen to J-Rock/Pop because I love the japanese language. I like not knowing what the words are...Even if all my friends think I'm weird.
(#117 (permalink))
Old
acidblue75 (Offline)
.....ok your speacial....

Send a message via MSN to acidblue75 Send a message via Yahoo to acidblue75
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM

other party: why do you listen to japanese music?
Me:because i like it.
other party:but this is america
Me:your point being????
other party:*stares* your just wierd.
Me:*bows graciously* why thank you

Dont take life to seriously noone ever makes it out alive
(#118 (permalink))
Old
XxLoveDiruxX (Offline)
not really on here much..

Location: in Kyo's pocket!! i love this pocket!!! so warm and little... <3~
Send a message via AIM to XxLoveDiruxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxLoveDiruxX
03-29-2009, 03:47 PM

I have to say. I agree with you, i have faced ridicule in places where i didnt think i would, like my house. My little brother makes fun of me, calling me hurtful names like "slanty eyes" and "jap"... it hurts me cause i never make fun of him for what he likes. He always says "you can't even understand it! how can you like something you cant understand?!" well, ii have to say some of the best songs are not in english. Dir En Grey's "Kasumi" is my favorite, but look at Rammstein's "Du Hast" (german), a wonderful song. I just have to say that there is/should be no language barrier when it comes to good music. Also, i like anime thats in the original voice actors. You still get the feeling of the show, even if you dont have subtitles. People still dont understand why i have been captivated by the Japanese music scene, even if i cant understand it. I look online all the time and watch the videos, the guys/girls are either always hot or cute. Even if i cant understand it, its good watching. The concerts i have expierenced (Dir En Grey, MUCC, Oreskaband, and The Underneath) the fans either dont know them and totally disrespect them or they love the show and go crazy. (i am the latter of the two) I hate at school when people make fun of me for wearing a kimono or a visual-kei/lolita dress. I wear visual kei/cyber goth (tokyo's underground dance scene) in school all the time and i get made fun of for it. It doesnt bother me, cause when i graduate this year, people will remember me for it. And to my friends, i am an inspiration to be themselves, since i am so unique. The ways i dress... all my friends say "you are the ONLY one who could ever pull that off in this or any school" i am very unique, i love japan, and really, i dont care if i get made fun of or not for it. its me and my life, stop trying to feed me the lies of "conformity" in this country that is supposed to be a "melting-pot"... oh yeah, and the bands over there show such originality, i love when i listen to a new Girugamesh or D'sepairsRay track and be like "this is nice" and then listen to something by say, An Cafe thats all poppy and pretty, and love it also. Its way better than the music here in the states, and i love every second of it. (ps: i am a 5' !0" girl, i would like to see the reactions on the Japanese peoples faces, too!!) XD

(#119 (permalink))
Old
mitsukia24 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to mitsukia24
03-30-2009, 02:44 AM

i openly tell people that i listen to japanese music people always ask why do you even listen to something that you dont understand? I'm love music i dnt care the language and i do understand it. Some people find it weird but listen and yet there are people that I've gotten them into japanese music and listen to it now =) mission accomplished XD
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Ohad (Offline)
JF Regular

03-30-2009, 07:30 PM

I don't listen to Japanese music and never did. I can give it a try though.

I prefer Rock and Heavy metal, but pop and rap (Japanese rap sounds like GOLD to me) are pretty OK as well Where should I start?