JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Internet "Radio" Station news - 04-12-2010, 05:01 PM

For news regarding mostly Cure Rock Radio and Tainted Reality(if there are other stations, feel free to post about them ).

Tainted Reality news!!! Now that Tekkoshocon VIII is over, Tainted Reality will be returning to their regular broadcasting schedule, which means that Candy COated Black Dream will be on today at 20:00(8 pm), Ephemeral Ascenscion will be on tomorrow at the same time, the request show will be at the same time on Thursday, at that time on Friday will be the Tainted Reality Talk Show, Saturday will be Incognito, and I'm not sure how things are looking for Kiwamu-san's Darkest Labyrinth show on Sundays, but that should also be on at the same time on Sundays.

Break down of the shows for those who don't already know: Candy Coated Black Dream has mostly JRock, Ephemeral Ascension plays JGoth as well as other types of goth music not from Japan, Tainted Reality Request show plays whatever the people ask for as long as it's Japanese(you can request by adding TRrequest to AIM, and I don't know if they are still using Skype, but their name which is also TRrequest is still in my contact list there), the Talk Show.... do I need to elaborate? XD, Incognito is where you can hear Japanese bands you've probably never heard of(and if you have any band suggestions for Incognito, you can put it up at the forum, or you can send them to Roger via roger@taintedreality.net), and Kiwamu-san's Darkest Labyrinth show is where he plays music from bands signed on to his Darkest Labyrinth label.

You can listen to Tainted Reality via the radio at Check out the new Tainted Reality coming soon, or listen AND watch via taintedreality - TaintedReality Live - blogTV(I suggest using Firefox for BlogTV, because it acts kind of funky if you use Windows Explorer...).

For the people wanting to subscribe to Cure magazine, you can now do so through Cure Media USA 24/7 Pure J-ROCK(you can also request songs by adding curerockradio@live.com, or by the chat that is available at the site; request time starts at around 3pm or 4 pm depending on what Shion is doing, and usually ends at either 10pm or 11pm eastern). You can subscribe for six months for $102, or for a year for $192. Um, price explanation time for the people ready to bemoan it:

Basically, the yen is worth more than the dollar, and the price includes the cost of importing it as well as the shipping and handling. Both subscriptions include whatever extra stuff Cure puts into it, such as CDs and/or posters(because now the magazine will include CDs and may have posters put into them), however, the one year subscription also includes an extra photo that will be individually signed by the cover artist(s).

What I was told was that the band will pick a photo that was taken for the cover(since obviously many pictures are taken before they actually pick the one they will use for the cover), and the photo will be copied for everybody, but the copies will be signed individually(so the autograph will be real).
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-15-2010, 05:12 PM

OK, so Tainted Reality is going to start their regular schedule today, which means the request show. For those who don't already know how requests work, they will only play one song by one band per show for the sake of variety(so if you want to hear Versailles, for example, you can request one song by them, if nobody has requested them). If they didn't take your request, either because they already played that band, or because they didn't have that particular song(or band), you can make another request. Remember that the requests are done by AIM(add TRrequest), and again, I don't know if they are still using Skype, but if they are, you can use that too(also TRrequest).

Tomorrow, they will have the Talk Show, on Saturday, they will have Incognito, and on Sunday, Kiwamu-san's Darkest Labyrinth show should be on(Kiwamu-san has a tendency to start later than 8pm eastern, but that's when the show starts, please be patient).
(#3 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-19-2010, 04:56 PM

Cure magazine is having yet another event at Twitter; this time, the band in question is Rin, Kisaki's new band. The event will last for three hours, and at the moment, this is the schedule they have set up: the event will take place today(for us people in the "new" world)starting at 23:30 eastern(11:30 pm). Obviously you need to follow cure_office at Twitter, and the hush tag for the event is #CureVkei.

If you intend to be present and/or participate and would like to be kept up to date with any changes to the current schedule, please visit Cure Media USA 24/7 Pure J-ROCK. You can also get subscriptions to the magazine there, and some issues will come with a CD, plus if you get a one year subscription from Cure Media USA, as long as you live outside Japan, you will get an autographed photo of the cover artists(and I have been told that each of these will be signed individually, not copied).

Also, for those interested in Spiv States, the band formed by both of Phantasmagoria's guitarists, Cure Media USA will be giving away a signed live distribution CD of theirs during JTalk tomorrow at 19:00 pacific(7 pm, 10pm eastern). Click Listen Live, and while you're there, join the chat room at the site. Here's a picture of the CD:

Cure News & Announcements - Cure Media U.S's MySpace Blog |

mmmmK..... so I completely forgot that they put Thr. after the date(they said it would be April 20, 2010, and then they put "Thr." next to it)... also, I didn't think about how doing a photo shoot for an issue that's supposed to come out a day after the photos are taken is senseless. I have no idea if and when this is going to happen, but if you're all interested, as I posted before, please go to Cure Media USA 24/7 Pure J-ROCK.

Last edited by spoonybard : 04-20-2010 at 04:15 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-20-2010, 06:13 PM

OK, so they are still saying that Rin will be doing a photo shoot for issue 81(?! XD), but they finally fixed the date; the Twitter event will be on Thursday, 12:30 pm Japan time, which means for those of us living in the "new" world, it will start on Wednesday at 11:30 pm eastern.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-23-2010, 08:01 PM

Tainted Reality has a new schedule; Candy Coated Black Dream, the request show, and the TR Talk Show are still on their days and times, however, Incognito and Ephemeral Ascension have been changed. Incognito will now be on Wednesdays, and Ephemeral Ascension will be on Sundays. At the moment, Kiwamu-san's Darkest Labyrinth isn't on, so until then, Ephemeral Ascension will be the only show on Sundays. Once Kiwamu-san starts Darkest Labyrinth again, DL will be broadcasted first, and once it's over, Ephemeral Ascension will begin.

Check out the new Tainted Reality coming soon
taintedreality - TaintedReality Live - blogTV
Tainted Reality® on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Tainted Reality | Facebook
http://twitter.com/TaintedReality
Ephemeral Ascension | Facebook
Ephemeral Ascension (Ephemeral Ascension) | MySpace
(#6 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2010, 12:38 AM

During today's JTalk on Cure Rock Radio, they will be announcing details for a free live streaming concert of an up and coming JRock band via the internet. This particular event is only for Cure listeners, so if you want the details, you'll have to tune in tonight and pay attention, because I won't be able to post any information about it. So go to Cure Media USA 24/7 Pure J-ROCK at 10pm eastern, 7pm pacific, and click "Listen Live". It might also be good to join the chat, which you can find the link to on that same page.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-22-2010, 02:26 PM

JTalk tonight will be about getting rid of the "J" from "JRock" (the reason for this is because nobody refers to other types of rock as "ARock" from the US, etc; the president of Cure Media USA feels this is a hindrance and prevents people from listening to the bands, since the "J" emphasizes where it comes from, which tends to distract people from the most important part, which is what it sounds like). Also, another topic for today's JTalk is fan service.

You can go to Cure Media USA 24/7 Pure J-ROCK, click listen live, and you can log into to your MSN as usual, but now they also have Skype(CureRockRadio), so you can say your opinions on air. You can also join the chat available on the Cure Media USA site itself and discuss the topic with others. The show starts at 10pm eastern, 7 pm pacific. Also, the president of Cure Media USA has a Facebook, and wants people to add him(he also puts up the topics before the show, amongst other things), so Login | Facebook.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2010, 09:29 PM

Today, Tainted Reality will be airing an interview with Phantasmagoria during the request show at 8pm eastern, 5 pm pacific. If their http://www.blogtv.com/people/taintedreality is slightly problematic for you, you can upload the "radio" by going to Check out the new Tainted Reality coming soon and scrolling down.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-30-2010, 04:26 PM

OK, so I am going to post about today's Incognito because it's for my most favorite band ever thus far, but first, an explanation of the new Incognito. The new Incognito is that there is a band who's music will be played for about 90 minutes. It won't be 90 consecutive minutes, but it will be about that much time for their music. The reason for this is to introduce fans of the band to other bands that play similar music.

This is an effort to expand the listener's library, as well as for people who wouldn't listen to Visual Rock otherwise to become interested in the Japanese bands, and for fans of Visual Rock to not be so narrow minded and listen to bands besides Japanese bands, since, as you will hear, they are the exact same genre. In other words, you won't only be listening to Japanese bands for each Incognito show.

So! Today's Incognito artist is Matenrou Opera!!! Please check it out at http://www.blogtv.com/people/taintedreality. It will start at 8pm eastern, 5pm pacific. If the blogTV isn't working or is acting up, go to Check out the new Tainted Reality coming soon, and scroll down to upload the "radio".
(#10 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-28-2010, 09:20 PM

Tainted Reality will be airing an interview with MUCC that is approximately 40 minutes long, and there will also be an announcement regarding either a band on Starwave Records or Darkest Labyrinth. Personally, I am assuming it is news regarding THE SOUND BEE HD that Kiwamu-san was talking about, and who knows, maybe they will make a surprise appearance at Otakon or something like that. Apparently, there will be two concert announcements. Anyway, the show will start at 8pm eastern(US eastern), and you can check it out here(and join the chat):

http://www.blogtv.com/people/taintedreality

If the BlogTV isn't working for whatever reason, then go here:
Tainted Reality