(#21 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
No,I don't see it like a arguing.We are only discussing,trading opinions,I think that's good.
You sound quite hostile for someone who is merely discussing things..

Now lets go over that wonderfull post of yours..

Quote:
Evanescence sucks.They are a bunch of stupid posers that stole ideas and conceipts from Linkin Park at the time they shared the same studio(Remember the rapping guy of "Bring Me To Life"? Any similarity with Mike Shinoda is not merely coincidence).
And you would know something like this because...what..you work at the studio, evanescence or linking park? Or is this merely gossip or something you come up with all by yourself. The only argument you presented us so far, backing your 'statement', is "one of the artists resembles one of the others".

Quote:
Also they stole the whole "gothic" conceipt from bands like Nightwish and Lacuna Coil that were around many time before them
If a band shares a genre with other bands, it's not that weird that they create a similar atmosphere (in this case gothic).

Quote:
but the stupid posers all think that Evanescence was something original only because they had media attention(What is normal since they are nothing but stupid POP!)...
Okay you are assuming that the entire world thinks they are original?.. What, you held a survey? I appreciate they're music. Do I bother myself with worrying about their originality? Why? As long as it's not illegally stolen I don't know why I should worry about originality.

Quote:
...Or else,they are only another media product,just like all pop acts.Evanescence is one of the biggest disgraces of the history of music industry and everyone that likes them really needs to know something called "Rock'n'Roll".Because,if you like Evanescence,you obviously don't know the meaning of "Rock'n'Roll".
Uhm Rock'n'Roll is a different genre of music. Why should we know it?

Bye

Last edited by Yggdrazzil : 07-19-2007 at 12:44 PM.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
deadthinker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-18-2007, 11:09 AM

pwease pwease dont argue ;_;
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-18-2007, 11:13 AM

I'm not arguing,and even if Yggdrazil wants,I won't.So now say your opinion is be "hostile"?Democracy,my friend,democracy.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
deadthinker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-18-2007, 11:15 AM

thankyou acidreptile ^^
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Im not arguing? Im merely discussing just like you. Why wont you discuss with me? I wish to "trade opinions" with you! That's all!

Ffeh, chickened out? If you dont want to discuss things with me ill just have to discuss things with you

I just hate it when someone speaks for an entire group of people. Acid, when you say "fans have only one argument: they sell a lot" you are simply wrong. How about "I greatly enjoy listening to their music" or "I appreciate their instrumental abilities" ..Are those not reasons to like the band?? So much of your 'statements' are forms of (over)generalisation and prejudice.

Bye

Last edited by Yggdrazzil : 07-19-2007 at 12:49 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyDemise (Offline)
喜悦

07-18-2007, 05:09 PM

I love Evanescence~ I've still yet to listen to more of their newer CD though, haha. I really need to

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#27 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)
\m/ Rock hard love harder

Send a message via AIM to SweetSuicide Send a message via Skype™ to SweetSuicide
07-18-2007, 05:32 PM

I like Evanescence. I see where you're going with this Acid. They do have the same sound as Linkin Park in a way. Nightwish is an amazing band too! lol. I really like the newer Evansecence cuz it's different then their other CD's. Many bands like them are trying different sounds out and are finding that the different sound is better than the old. That's just me so.. =]

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
Cause I'll die without you.
</3
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
07-18-2007, 06:03 PM

They sounded like Linkin Park with Bring Me To Life...all that I've heard says that wasn't the band's choice though. Wind-Up wanted them to have more of a "pop" sound, and had the band add the rap. If you heard the older versions of it, and it sung live now, you wouldn't hear a rap.
heh, the last concert I went to, the audience started singing the rap. It was kinda cool

Amy Lee isn't compromising as much as she used to in her new album. It does sound a lot like the old album, though...which is disappointing. But, it's still good

me = evanescence freak. I started singing in the first place because of them...and now I've had some professional lessons under my belt ^_^

thnx boboloko for the sig!
(#29 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
07-31-2007, 06:23 PM

I think evanescence ROCKS BIG TIME! Bring me to life might be similar to linkin park but if you take all the songs from fallen and all the songs from say meteora they just don't match up. Evanescence does use the Gothic Genre. In fact technically I've been told they fall into a group called Nu metal. Irrespective of where they fall into, Amy Lee has some outstanding vocal capabilities. My Immortal had no equal song anywhere in linkin park. The lyrics, the piano, the chords and the video were just insane!

I love "the open door" as well. I've got both their CD's and their bonus tracks from "Anywhere but home". I think they're really good. "Snow white queen" was a great piece of work and I love "Lithium" to no end. I feel they do full justice to both their lyrics and their music based on the tunes they come up with and the vocals that they use to support it.

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#30 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

07-31-2007, 06:28 PM

I like them too I'm listening to wake me up inside at this moment!!!!!!!!

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com