(#31 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
07-31-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
Ah is ok tastes are a personal matter.I just hate when people think they are original and that they have quality,because that's not true.Actually,around 90% of what's in the mainstream is lame,unfortunatelly.And the only argument Evanescence fans have(I'm not talking about you,but about fans in general).Is that "they are popular,they sell a lot!" But like I told you,there's a lot of lame things that sells a lot,so that don't means quality!

And other quotes
1) AR, you know very damn well that i am an music addict and i don't listen to music just because it's popular, but i have to admit that there are some songs made by Evanescence that i enjoy.

2) There are not so many original (as in ground breaking) bands out there as most of the music is influenced by another one, which is then formed in-to something the author enjoys and/or he (or his label/producer) think will sell good (i guess that's pretty much understandable by anyone), so when blaming Evanescence for not being original, you should blame most of the other performers as well.

3) As i have said many times before, music can not be classified as good or bad as as you said yourself, it's a question of taste. One may enjoy liquorice, the other one will find it disgusting. So is liquorice bad? No! Same with music... as long as there is at least one human being out there who enjoys the music, it can not be called bad... maybe you and 99% of the earth's population would dislike it but it's just your point of view, your taste. Isn't it? So who told you that your taste is better than other person's one, thus allowing you to call one music good and another one bad?

4) Every person hold their own rights to listen to music because of their own reasons, they may listen to it because they enjoy the sound/lyrics/looks of the performers/whatever, they may listen to it because they want to fit in with a certain part of the community (at school, at a club, whatever). Can you judge them for not being audiophiles? Can you judge a person for drinking wine to magnify the taste of their meal and not because he wants to get drunk?

5) Evanescence's music may not be innovative, but the quality of it is undeniable. Just listen how dynamic the transitions between guitar parts are... it's sober, the sounding is clean and harmonic, so can it be called off-grade? Yes, i agree, it's because it has been arranged and produced in the studio for the music to sell better, but it's not the intention that counts, it's the final product that does, isn't it?

6) As you have noticed trough the recent years, a lot of new semi-rock/metal bands are spawning out... why? Because it's popular... No one forces you to listen to them... just buy their CD and burn it, if you hate them so much!

7) I am not an Evanescence fan... But i just don't like when people are yelling out, calling one or another music bad. I personally dislike most of the rap, pop, pseudo-alternative music... so f*****g what?

*rhetorical silence*

Last edited by Excessum : 07-31-2007 at 08:01 PM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

07-31-2007, 07:54 PM

Ahh! I love my brother he's so smart!

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#33 (permalink))
Old
SakuranoNamida (Offline)
New to JF

08-01-2007, 01:57 AM

they're good i got all their albums and all the demo songs,
but their new stuff isn't as good as their old.
I perfer the demos and the album Origin.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
AamX391 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-01-2007, 02:55 AM

just because you dont like something doesnt mean you should talk so down about it, i understand that you are giving your oppinion and i understand that you are anti mainstream, but just becaus something is mainstream doesnt mean its bad
i love evanescence, i think amy lee's voice is addicting, and i could listen to her for hours
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
08-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamX391 View Post
just because you dont like something doesnt mean you should talk so down about it, i understand that you are giving your oppinion and i understand that you are anti mainstream, but just becaus something is mainstream doesnt mean its bad
i love evanescence, i think amy lee's voice is addicting, and i could listen to her for hours
no... talking about it is good as long as you give an objective opinion...

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-01-2007, 10:51 AM

Ok,you all can burn in the hell of mainstream if you wish.I don't really care.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

08-01-2007, 02:19 PM

I think they're annoying.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
MihoSayuri (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MihoSayuri Send a message via Yahoo to MihoSayuri
08-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Evanescence has been my favorite band since the premiere of Bring Me to Life in 2003. I'm pretty obsessed. XD

I was supposed to go to the Family Values tour... but no way to get there, the concert is like three hours from here.

Over and over, over and over,
You make me fall for you.
Over and over, over and over,
I try not to.

-Sydnie-
(#39 (permalink))
Old
SevenThree (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to SevenThree
08-12-2007, 07:29 PM

Nice songs accompanied by nice vocal!

[ - Chained to memories of the past . . . ]
(#40 (permalink))
Old
El2IN (Offline)
Key's butterfly

Send a message via MSN to El2IN
08-12-2007, 07:36 PM

I love them, Especially the song Haunted. Well. I'm pretty sure that's the name. lol, I suck at remembering stuff. Go me