JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Alvinho (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Alvinho
Olympic Games: good expectations? - 07-21-2008, 05:24 PM

One more Olympic Games will be going on this year.....

Here in Brazil, it will be aired at dawn.....I can't wait to follow some sports broadcasting mostly football (soccer), basketball, swimming and so on.....also the opening ceremonies have grabbed my attention....I can't wait to see the whole Chinese culture being shown worldwide throughout the event.....will Japanese delegation be booed while they're entering the stadium during the opening ceremony?

Will China overtake the US regarding the medals, mostly the golden ones???

What are your fave sports?

In a communist country, there's one president who grabs all life's benefits, dozens of burocrats who drain tax payers' money and 8 million go through harsh starvation.

Last edited by Alvinho : 07-23-2008 at 03:43 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Fisher (Offline)
頑張ります

Send a message via MSN to Fisher
07-21-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
will Japanese delegation be booed while they're entering the stadium during the opening ceremony?
will they? I'm interested in it.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-21-2008, 06:24 PM

What makes you think the Japanese delegation will be booed upon entry. That would be a horrible representation of the sportmanship of the Olympics.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Alvinho (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Alvinho
07-21-2008, 07:15 PM

the past conflicts between two nations....there's no need to mention what Japanese Royal Army did by invading Manchuria and other places there.....this sentiment may still be more clear among the older...I've read some news about geopolitical clashes between both of them....but I'm aware of situation is getting better between two peoples.....I guess there have been Chinese who study Japanese language....well, what hapenned in Greece in 2004 as Turkish delegation went in the stadium and while I was watching TV I heard some people booing and the sport caster had commented on.....

I know what it really matters is sport itself but situations like these are not new during Olympics....

but I love Geopolitics, what can I do?....the relationship between you and China has grabbed my attention......

I agree with MMM....it would be a lack of sportsmanship if that happened on the entry of Japanese athletes....

In a communist country, there's one president who grabs all life's benefits, dozens of burocrats who drain tax payers' money and 8 million go through harsh starvation.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-22-2008, 03:50 PM

I think China will be 2nd at the medals ranking and the United States will be 1st like always.

The opening ceremony will probably be the best ever I guess.^^.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-22-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
the past conflicts between two nations....there's no need to mention what Japanese Royal Army did by invading Manchuria and other places there.....this sentiment may still be more clear among the older...I've read some news about geopolitical clashes between both of them....but I'm aware of situation is getting better between two peoples.....I guess there have been Chinese who study Japanese language....well, what hapenned in Greece in 2004 as Turkish delegation went in the stadium and while I was watching TV I heard some people booing and the sport caster had commented on.....

I know what it really matters is sport itself but situations like these are not new during Olympics....

but I love Geopolitics, what can I do?....the relationship between you and China has grabbed my attention......

I agree with MMM....it would be a lack of sportsmanship if that happened on the entry of Japanese athletes....
Recent news suggest that both country is trying hard to repair and maintain a good relationship, I am sure the Chinese government will do whatever it takes to discourage any hatred action against Japanese. Many of us had already forgiven them for what happened.

My favourite will be the starndard Track and Field stuff, cycling, Boxing and Taekwon Do