"Love is like a rose," kyler, my best friend
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Necrogoddess (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2007, 07:06 PM

yeah, beyblading is a sport. at least, i consider it as one

Life as we see it or as it seems, is but a dream within a dream

"This isn't divine judgement, it's the work of some childish killer who's playing at divine retribution, that's all." - Ryuzaki

"Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future."
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-26-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrogoddess View Post
yeah, beyblading is a sport. at least, i consider it as one
According to sport rules it is not,it is a game.I guess that is the point,people often mix games with sports,and I guess they are different things.But well once I heard someone say that cheerleading was a sport,so it seens like everything is sport nowadays. XD
(#24 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-31-2007, 04:40 AM

And what's so bad about having everything as a sport? Just goes to show humans love firing up their fighting spirits and mutually facing fists against one another, right? All for a healthier world population

And AR-kun, I'd like to know where/what you're basing your 'facts' on ^_^

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Hyshinara (Offline)
New to JF

11-03-2007, 01:57 AM

Sorry for digging this topic back up, but I just joined (hi everybody!)

Prepare for a loooooong text...

First off, I had this argue about sports and games before and I now think pool, bowling etc are sports (they are on Eurosport, so meh...) but Beyblading is a game... but that doesn't make it worth less

So uhm, Beyblading was fun
6 years ago, every noon at school, we would go to the cellar or an empty hallway of the school to play it
I had/still have (let me check for a moment)... Bakushin-Oh (no, it's not gay, the actual thing is indigo, not violet, so pleh)
and Driger-F ! yay!

I was the first one to do something special with mine: by putting the zipline in the other side of the block, it was possible to make a right-spinner spin left
This came in handy combined with my Bakushin-Oh, since the blades would then hit the others on top and push there sides down, instead of just hitting them. They would then most likely touch the floor, slow down and stop

Anyway, when the second series of beyblades came (incl. Driger-F) we started to get bored and wanted cheap modifications... luckily for us, there was Kellogg's! Every week, each of us would have gotten a new attack disk from one of the boxes and we would be sadisfied once more...

But then we started wanting 'extreme' things from our beyblades like making them bounce around and on top of the opponent and actually making them slice stuff etc XD

I gave my Driger-F a spring and a little piece of drinking straw instead of the metal tip et voila, bouncing beyblading was born XD
Later on, a friend of mine came to school with one of the Kellogg's attack disk (which had decorative holes) that had nails twisted through it...
Once it started turning, the nails would fly open and do there stuff...
After that, I made one with maces (fishing leads), but that didn't work out.
Someone also made one with the heads of matches in it, so it would turn on fire when it hit the walls (yay for metal beyblades)
But the most awesome beyblades ever where the ones with cutter knives
Finally, we had what we wanted: objects of fun and massive cutting at a high-speed velocity... no, not really, but it was pretty neat how we modified them

It was about that time that they got angry at us and we where restricted access to the cellar and the hallways at noon XD

After 2 years of fun, we never played it again...

Best 6th and 5th grade I could wish for, haha

-------------
Whow man, this text is reeeeeally loooooong...
(#26 (permalink))
Old
aphrodite (Offline)
Korean Bombshell <3

12-11-2007, 06:41 PM

oh my god (sorry) beyblade spare me how could that ever be a sport it is just a game of tops lol

Anime fan or Japanese Music

http://missjesse.proboards45.com/index.cgi
Please Join...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Picture2Perfect (Offline)
JF Regular

12-15-2007, 10:33 PM

I d really doubt beyblade is a sport, if so OMG anything can be called a sport these days.

Will.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."
(#28 (permalink))
Old
MazarDantechildofdevil (Offline)
Hmm?

Send a message via MSN to MazarDantechildofdevil
12-16-2007, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Beyblading!!! Is it a sport??!!!
Hola, peepz!
fuu's post in the 'character name' thread reminded me of these awesome little vicious spinning tops ^_^

Having its origins in ancient Japanese spinning top Bei Goma, the Beyblade is a cutting edge sports entertainment brand targeted at young boys. Beyblading combines a heady mix of adrenaline and strategy, to give the player an exciting, fun-filled experience coupled with an element of learning.

I used to be paranoid over buying all the best equipments and parts, lol..! XD
I even classified my own Beyblades by how powerful their spins and how fast they can go on the arena :P I remember one I had.. lol, it was literally armored O_O from the attack ring to the bottom bit(cant rmb what it was called) of the Beyblade all metal lol! It was extremely well-balanced with a high velocity spin and formidable strength(i had little blunt,thick spikes coming out from the edges of the atack ring )that was enough to crack a sparkdisk(modified weight disk. It's bigger and more durable than the original. The friction it creates is ample to cause sparks, hence the name).
On top of that, the anime was so exciting i had goosebumps.. dang those cliffhangers..! XD If I recall correctly, Beyblade video games were made too, I played it virtually on my ps1 once

Here're some details of the anime: The story of Beyblade is the story of the aggressive Tyson, the quick-thinking Max, balanced Ray, and experienced Kai. Four boys whose paths came together and eventually saw them form a team called the Bladebreakers.

Do you know: That there are real life Beyblade teams in the world today? Yes, to those of you who view this activity as childish, it's actually considered a sport in some parts of the world. People should learn to accept Beyblading as an entertainment that everyone can enjoy.

My bad, i couldn't find a real life vid of beyblading :P maybe someone else can? O_O

(alittle exaggerated for reality but it's cool )
You always know how to post alot... And I don't know if it's a Sport.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
12-21-2007, 02:00 AM

I used to have one of thoes damn things...
I don't remember what happened to it tho...
I think I released it to close to a brick wall or something and it busted into several pieces...
I remeber when I first got it...I took it down stairs and totally tore up the painted floor ^_~ Yeah, dad was pissed!
But, back on topic...I don't see it as a sport...

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Sphinx01 (Offline)
light seduced by darkness

12-21-2007, 05:04 AM

Beyblading is a game, with the potential to be a sport

I offer you my pride and my dreams, have them all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVlAUIboWU