JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#231 (permalink))
Old
Markunda (Offline)
New to JF

09-12-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I wondered about which matrial art you think is the best and why.
I'm doing some JKD (Jeet Kun Do).

Quote:
Myself i've trained the korean sport Teakwondo some years ago in the local club.

But i want to start training again and I don't know which matrial art to join this time ..
If you're an expert in Teakwondo I suggest that you move to JKD or another fist-fast training sports (boxing would be a choice too), otherwise stick to Teakwondo...better not losing your old experience you gained so far

(#232 (permalink))
Old
joeyj (Offline)
JF Regular

09-12-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
What've you based this theory on?
The theory that in MMA, no single art ever dominates. Every time someone just trains in one single style they get owned.
(#233 (permalink))
Old
kenshiromusou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-04-2009, 01:33 AM

I am a "brazilian" jiu-jítsu practitioner, but I don't think there is a martial art better than other.
There are, indeed, different people. UFC of today is the proof.
So, I believe you just have to like the art.

俺はそのラオウを殪した男です。
(#234 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
The theory that in MMA, no single art ever dominates. Every time someone just trains in one single style they get owned.
What does MMA have to do with this? Or are you reffering to UFC?

A similar thing to prove you're wrong would be, not MMArtist ever does well in a Boxing match, ever.

So what's the point?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#235 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-04-2009, 05:40 AM

The point is that you are the deadliest man in Thailand!

LOL
(#236 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

11-04-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
What does MMA have to do with this? Or are you reffering to UFC?

A similar thing to prove you're wrong would be, not MMArtist ever does well in a Boxing match, ever.

So what's the point?
That is because boxers are very well adapted to their sport. If an MMA is forced to fight by the rules of just boxing, a boxer will win every time, but in a regular fight (meaning not very many rules other than the groin shots and such) an MMA fighter will win hands down because a boxer will not be able to handle any ground game.

On another point. MMA is the combination of martial arts, alone there is no way to say one is better than the other. Also, every fighter develops his or her own style, meaning their way of fighting in their sport isnt the same as everyone else.

I train in muay thai, and I can say it is VERY effective against most other fighting styles. However, like I said before it all depends on the fighter and his or her own style, determination, focus, and skill.
(#237 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-04-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
That is because boxers are very well adapted to their sport. If an MMA is forced to fight by the rules of just boxing, a boxer will win every time, but in a regular fight (meaning not very many rules other than the groin shots and such) an MMA fighter will win hands down because a boxer will not be able to handle any ground game.
A Boxer is adapted to Boxing, an MMA fighter is adapted to UFC. No shit.

How about we settle this over a game of golf? LOL

What I'm saying, these are both sports. Single style MArtists do not get "owned". People who go into a sport they're unfamiliar with are the ones who get owned.

On the street, there's no proof of anything, however.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#238 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-04-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
The point is that you are the deadliest man in Thailand!

LOL
No. I think the point of this post was trolling. You just want to work me up again like you always have tried to do.

(#239 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-04-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Single style MArtists do not get "owned". People who go into a sport they're unfamiliar with are the ones who get owned.

Um, so then when "single style MArtists" go into a context encompasing more than their single style...?
(#240 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

or is it 'chump'? - 11-04-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
You just want to work me up again like you always have tried to do.

You do a fine job working yourself up, champ.