(#31 (permalink))
Old
Harima_Hario (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Harima_Hario
12-18-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I my opinion Xenosaga is a cheap rip of the original PS1 game.

its not a rip, its made by the same developers. Monolith soft was formed by the team who worked on xenogears after leaving squaresoft. Xenogears was originally the 5th volume in the saga. There have been 3 xenosaga games so far, apparently theres one in the works for next-gen, whether this is true or not remains to be seen. They had to cut down the story between xenosaga 2 and 3 to close that particular story thread. this was because they didn't sell as well as they would have hoped.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

12-18-2006, 09:44 PM

Yeah, I know Xenogears was number 5. That is one of the best games. Squaresoft made Xenogears and I think Tecmo or Namco made the Xenosaga games. I played the first one. Not the entire thing and all I remember being related was the bit about "Zohar". Besides that I couldn't stay with it. I never played 2 and 3. Maybe I should...
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Harima_Hario (Offline)
New to JF

12-18-2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Yeah, I know Xenogears was number 5. That is one of the best games. Squaresoft made Xenogears and I think Tecmo or Namco made the Xenosaga games. I played the first one. Not the entire thing and all I remember being related was the bit about "Zohar". Besides that I couldn't stay with it. I never played 2 and 3. Maybe I should...
namco published xenosaga, but they didn't create them. monolith soft are the creators/developers of the xenosaga series.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

12-21-2006, 05:16 PM

no kiddin' I had no idea. I thought Namco did it all. That turned me down from the beginning. Now maybe I'll try it.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 12-22-2006 at 04:27 PM.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
NekoChan (Offline)
Meow Meow Mix Kitty Girl

12-21-2006, 10:27 PM

I guess I'm the idiot in the group because I don't know anything. Skies of Arcadia... Whats it about? I knok a little but not alot. Could anyone give me a little summary about the game from start to finish please? I'm thinkinkg of buying it...

I'm stuck with a gamecube..

I glomp you
You glomp me
We're the glompiest family
with a great big glomp
And a glomp from me to you
Won't you say you'll glomp me to?
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Amon (Offline)
New to JF

12-22-2006, 02:05 AM

Skies of Arcadia is definately worth buying. The exploration in it is so refreshingly different compared to a lot of other rpgs ive played. Its pretty engrossing but the battle system got on my nerves. You can basically change your weapons type (elemental etc) mid battle through a range of colours but this means there are quite a few enemies who need fought with a specific weapon type and youll find yourself having to switch through a few turns whilst inflicting no damage before you actually get around to actually pummeling your foes. Minor annoyance though. If you can get it at a reasonable price, bag it.

Yeah im lookin forward to playin Okami too. Too bad about clover i like viewtiful joe.
Kingdom Hearts 2 isnt total shit. There are some nice touches here and there but I have played through most of it (just to get to space paranoids) and even if the battle system wasnt boringly easy, the level design is so shoddy and reliant on the brand names and eye candy scattered around that it would ruin it on those grounds alone. The battles are pretty and I love the active time event bits where you have to hammer a button quickly to make cool stuff happen but every other monotonous level where the fodder just teleports out of nowhere to be killed can be won by hitting X. And not even in a rythym, literally just tapping X until its over. If this game wasnt full of disney and FF characters I bet it would get bad scores from a lot more people.

Last edited by Amon : 12-22-2006 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Adressing my KH2 argument :D
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Harima_Hario (Offline)
New to JF

12-22-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
Skies of Arcadia is definately worth buying. The exploration in it is so refreshingly different compared to a lot of other rpgs ive played. Its pretty engrossing but the battle system got on my nerves. You can basically change your weapons type (elemental etc) mid battle through a range of colours but this means there are quite a few enemies who need fought with a specific weapon type and youll find yourself having to switch through a few turns whilst inflicting no damage before you actually get around to actually pummeling your foes. Minor annoyance though. If you can get it at a reasonable price, bag it.
I totally agree with that and its a nice happy rpg which you don't get many of (well apart from the tales of), it would have made a really good anime. If anyone has yet to play it, try and bag it on the gamecube. it has a new character and the random battles in the sky are not so incredibly frequent like they were on the dreamcast.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
NekoChan (Offline)
Meow Meow Mix Kitty Girl

12-22-2006, 02:03 PM

Cools I'll buy it! I can get it for about 10 bucks! Thanks so much! *Hugs*

I glomp you
You glomp me
We're the glompiest family
with a great big glomp
And a glomp from me to you
Won't you say you'll glomp me to?
(#39 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

12-22-2006, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoChan View Post
I guess I'm the idiot in the group because I don't know anything. Skies of Arcadia... Whats it about? I knok a little but not alot. Could anyone give me a little summary about the game from start to finish please? I'm thinkinkg of buying it...

I'll gladly tell you !!!

[color="Black"]Skies of Arcadia ![/ in my opinion one of the best games ever made. The game has beautiful graphics and a wonderful soundtrack. They made a manga of the game but I know very little about it.

You follow the story of Vyse, a 17 yr. old Air Pirate who flys through the skies on Pirate Ships. The world is one gigantic sky with random floating continents and Islands.

Vyse and his best female friend Aika travel the Planet with a mysterious girl from a Shrine in Space orbiting the planet. She is in search of the Legendary Moon Crystals.

These crystals have the power to summon a huge monster known as a Gigas.

There are 6 moons and each is a different color:
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, and Silver.

Under the Red moon is a land of Floating Deserts known as Nasr.

Under the Green moon is Ixa'taka a land under a huge forest.

The Blue moon is set up like Japan. It has a blue mountain and an Asian culture powered by the element of Water.

The Yellow moon belongs to the Evil Valua Empire. The Yellow moon creates a never ending lightning storm to occur.

The Purple moon is the Lands of Ice and the city of Glacia is underground and is devoid of life.

And finally, the Silver moon is where the game begins, where Vyse lives, and the Silver moon has the power of moonlight and healing. It is most like Earth's moon. and almost no one lives there.

Each moon has a moon crystal like I said before and each region has a Gigas that can be summoned via the crystal

It is a great game and everyone should play it so we can discuss it !! [COLOR]
(#40 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

12-22-2006, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoChan View Post

I'll gladly tell you !!!

Skies of Arcadia ! in my opinion one of the best games ever made. The game has beautiful graphics and a wonderful soundtrack. They made a manga of the game but I know very little about it.

You follow the story of Vyse, a 17 yr. old Air Pirate who flys through the skies on Pirate Ships. The world is one gigantic sky with random floating continents and Islands.

Vyse and his best female friend Aika travel the Planet with a mysterious girl from a Shrine in Space orbiting the planet. She is in search of the Legendary Moon Crystals.

These crystals have the power to summon a huge monsters known as a Gigas from 6 different lands.

There are 6 moons and each is a different color:
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, and Silver.

Under the Red moon is a land of Floating Deserts known as Nasr.

Under the Green moon is Ixa'taka a land under a huge forest.

The Blue moon is set up like Japan. It has a blue mountain and an Asian culture powered by the element of Water.

The Yellow moon belongs to the Evil Valua Empire. The Yellow moon creates a never ending lightning storm to occur.

The Purple moon is the Lands of Ice and the city of Glacia is underground and is devoid of life.

And finally, the Silver moon is where the game begins, where Vyse lives, and the Silver moon has the power of moonlight and healing. It is most like Earth's moon. and almost no one lives there.

Each moon has a moon crystal like I said before and each region has a Gigas that can be summoned via the crystal

I don't want to give too much more away, if you want to know more just ask. I'll gladly tell.

It is a great game and everyone should play it so we can discuss it !!

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 12-22-2006 at 04:42 PM.