JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#511 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

Send a message via AIM to kainpendragon Send a message via MSN to kainpendragon Send a message via Yahoo to kainpendragon
06-07-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjhonnyX View Post
i thought the battle system in 12 was great. I mean it has it flaws but w/e. the story line wasnt that great either.
each time they come out with a new story its its just that percentage lame.

they need something like 7 again
easy you pick a battle system and stick with it for your next 4 games. Also write a good story that is long and has a lot of plot twist. FF10 was the best game since7. It's level up and battle system is what they should have used for there next 4 games then work on making a longer story and a longer game
and good charater development. 7 used the same battle system they used for year the last just changed the skill and magic system. when 10 came out it was time to change the battle system and level based system. The job system does not work in normal final fnasty games. it never did and every one that has used it did poorly here in the usa or poorly in japan so they where never released expect on complation disc.

There are 3 kinds of perverts in this world
1. Those that hid it.
2. Those that accpect.
3. Those that are Ero Sennin
(#512 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

Send a message via AIM to kainpendragon Send a message via MSN to kainpendragon Send a message via Yahoo to kainpendragon
06-07-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
how short is 12???

i mean i havent had time to finish the game, im only at the sandsea

which is lame because i can defeat everything in one hit!
your half way thru that where i stoped. I don't know if your remember Vesper that used to be on this board that where he stoped also. That where the game changes the boss start to become dam near impoosable with out upgrading your gear all the other creatures are on hit kills. but you get no money to upgrade you gear.

edit (yeah not a lot has happen hu and your already 50% done the story) that when you start haveing to worry about the weapons you are useing to because they start to become more expenive and the gil you get does not progress with the game. the most you ever get i think is like 200 out of a single pot or band guy that drops money and there not a lot of those.
they wrote a 5 hour story and had to make a 60 hour game.

ff10 was at leave 15 to hours of story tons of mini games and quest to keep you busy. ff7 omg can you say 20 to 30 hours and tons of side stuff to do story. ff12 ummm 5 hours of story 40 hours of grind, 10 hours of extra. i think they screwed it up no.

1. Those that hid it.
2. Those that accpect.

Last edited by kainpendragon : 06-07-2007 at 03:09 PM.
(#513 (permalink))
Old
XjhonnyX (Offline)
grrr... &al;yousuck!!

Send a message via MSN to XjhonnyX Send a message via Yahoo to XjhonnyX
06-07-2007, 03:03 PM

Well when they come out with new games, its hard to stick to the same battle system.
What they try to go for is a game that is completely different. i mean besides the usual stand in place in fight, they decided to come up with 10-2 where they jump around, and then with 12 you walk around and attack.

They are trying to make it as realistic as possible since the graphics are getting more and more realistic. Thats why they started to change the battle system.

as for the story line, i can understand why the stories are starting to get intertwined. because it is really hard to come out with a game where it has the same intesity as 7 ideas run short alot. including the fact is that they dont want to put the same ideas as 7 into 8 or 10 into 12

stuff like that if it makes since!!

My heart bleeds,
Look at you hiding,
all the things to endure me.
I need you here with me,
Breathing,
wanting you to believe me,
I see you in all of these faces,
Blush with shame,
when I think of you,
and your pale skin.
I need you here with me,
Breathing,
I sell my soul for you...
(#514 (permalink))
Old
XjhonnyX (Offline)
grrr... &al;yousuck!!

06-07-2007, 03:03 PM

i havent gotten any vespers yet

My heart bleeds,
Look at you hiding,
I need you here with me,
Breathing,
Blush with shame,
when I think of you,
and your pale skin.
I need you here with me,
Breathing,
(#515 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

06-07-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
i havent gotten any vespers yet
versper used to be a mod on this board lol.he stoped playing the game at the same point as me. I under stand the realism aspect you are talking about but to do that you can't make as system that inbetween you have to a complete change to real time like in kindom hearts, or keep it turn based. they tried to do this inbetween thing and it does not work. if anything they system they used made it more unrealistic because you attack runaway and wait for you bar to fill up and attack again. if you want to incoprat real time with moveing and eveything you need something that does not wait if i hit X button to attack it should attack as much as i am hitting the X button. runing up to something sitting there waitting for you attack gauge to charge is not real time.

1. Those that hid it.
2. Those that accpect.

Last edited by kainpendragon : 06-07-2007 at 03:17 PM.
(#516 (permalink))
Old
XjhonnyX (Offline)
grrr... &al;yousuck!!

06-07-2007, 03:15 PM

there was alot of talk about 12 having certain things, but it ended up being completely different right??

i just dont think they would go for the kingdom hearts approach!

My heart bleeds,
Look at you hiding,
I need you here with me,
Breathing,
Blush with shame,
when I think of you,
and your pale skin.
I need you here with me,
Breathing,
(#517 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

06-07-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
there was alot of talk about 12 having certain things, but it ended up being completely different right??

i just dont think they would go for the kingdom hearts approach!
no because you have no control over your other partymembers. it competely control by AI. but it fuction in real time well for a fast paced action rpg. witch is what square been tring to make, and failing misreabley because you can't give a singel person control of 3 or 4 characters and expect to fucntion in real time. the only way to try is to do what they did and it does not work very well because the Ai on the other party memeber fuctions poorly. becuase it they allow your commands to over ride what they are doing they just wasted time tring to do something else, or they start to do thing you don't want them to do. so you have to stop what you are doing tell them to do something else then they have to stop what they are doing.

you make a que system the problem with a que based system is the ai will countiune to do the list of commands it gave it self.what it was doing until it gets to your command. meaning it could be to late by the time it gets to your command. the demo of the FF12 ran on a que based system and it sucked they changed the system for the acutal game.

the only way to fix this problem is to make the ai complete Real time like is in kingdom hearts and it act to eveything you do. but then you no longer have control of the party. can't do that thou because your just playing a different verison of kingdom hearts.

1. Those that hid it.
2. Those that accpect.
(#518 (permalink))
Old
XjhonnyX (Offline)
grrr... &al;yousuck!!

06-07-2007, 03:39 PM

well it was almost like real time in 12,
you had control over the characters, just only one at a time
and you had the ability to contol them with the gambit system
i thought that was interesting

My heart bleeds,
Look at you hiding,
I need you here with me,
Breathing,
Blush with shame,
when I think of you,
and your pale skin.
I need you here with me,
Breathing,
(#519 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
06-07-2007, 04:05 PM

It makes me feel a bit like im a game programmer, mapping npc/bot behaviour, instead of playing an rpg ... I liked the good ' ol turnbased style just fine tbh!

Bye
(#520 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

06-07-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
well it was almost like real time in 12,
you had control over the characters, just only one at a time
and you had the ability to contol them with the gambit system
i thought that was interesting
the gambit system was the ai and it was trash espeical since you have to pay for the fuctions that should have defulted as a option to start with. not only do you have to pay for them once you have to pay for them twice. once in gil witch is very rare, and by lp to gain the slots to place rules in witch you only get 1 per monster killed. The reason why you feel like a programmer. becuase you have to set up the 900 different possablitys in a fight, makeing it useless because it 1,000 easyer to you do it your self with the time shows up. The ai could have be made much simpler and fuction more efficently in a Real time envoriment ( kingdom hearts) The point is simple if they use a simlar systme in ff13 the going to bomb. I though ff12 was kewl at frist and that it would just take some getting used to but it did the oppiste the more and more i played it the more and more i hated it.

1. Those that hid it.
2. Those that accpect.