JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

09-04-2008, 10:22 AM

What all bundles are there for the old one i can old find the god of war one?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

09-04-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am not seeing a drastic difference...and it isn't the looks that are the problem....battery and software...
Battery life is like 6 hours with sound and the LCD on max brightness/contrast currently. If you turn the brightness/contrast down to the lowest and mute the sound you can get over 8 hours of playtime. There's plenty of great games out, and coming out as well. Crisis Core, Disgaea, Tales of Eternia, Papaton, Agito XIII, Tales of the World, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve 3.

The difference is a better screen that can play better in sunlight, better quality with audio and video output, a built in microphone for skype, better video playback, and a new finish to reduce smudges on it from holding it. It also consumes a lot less power than it did before so the battery would last longer.

If battery is a concern Sony does sell a larger one, however it requires a special cover that comes with it due to the size.

I doubt I'll get this because I already have a new PSP and unlike the previous upgrade isn't enough to make me go out and spend $170 on a new PSP.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.

Last edited by Tyrien : 09-04-2008 at 01:11 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi

09-04-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Battery life is like 6 hours with sound and the LCD on max brightness/contrast currently. If you turn the brightness/contrast down to the lowest and mute the sound you can get over 8 hours of playtime. There's plenty of great games out, and coming out as well. Crisis Core, Disgaea, Tales of Eternia, Papaton, Agito XIII, Tales of the World, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve 3.

The difference is a better screen that can play better in sunlight, better quality with audio and video output, a built in microphone for skype, better video playback, and a new finish to reduce smudges on it from holding it. It also consumes a lot less power than it did before so the battery would last longer.

If battery is a concern Sony does sell a larger one, however it requires a special cover that comes with it due to the size.

I doubt I'll get this because I already have a new PSP and unlike the previous upgrade isn't enough to make me go out and spend $170 on a new PSP.
As far as i know the battery will last less 20 to 30minutes according to John Koller director of marketing from Sony Computer Entertainment .
Its not big deal but even if the psp is more eficient the new screen uses more energy, since it has 2 times the response time, 5times more contrast and twine the collors wich is exelent but also must use more energy.
She will be more expensive though, wich i think its big mistake.
I mean if it was the same price i would say it was a good thing even with less 20 to 30minutes of batery, but like that and even more expensive i would go for the old one, specially because the screen was already very good.
About the design they look exactly the same exept the logo of psp.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

09-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenit View Post
As far as i know the battery will last less 20 to 30minutes according to John Koller director of marketing from Sony Computer Entertainment .
Its not big deal but even if the psp is more eficient the new screen uses more energy, since it has 2 times the response time, 5times more contrast and twine the collors wich is exelent but also must use more energy.
She will be more expensive though, wich i think its big mistake.
I mean if it was the same price i would say it was a good thing even with less 20 to 30minutes of batery, but like that and even more expensive i would go for the old one, specially because the screen was already very good.
About the design they look exactly the same exept the logo of psp.
The design is more polished, stop saying it looks the same.

The PSP-3000 will retail at the same price as the PSP-2000. It's going to be $199 for the entertainment pack, which there's two I believe. One will have a 4GB memory stick while the other will have a game, and 1GB memory stick. I'm not sure if there is going to be a "core" PSP-3000 sold.

Though the screen uses more energy, it was also reported that the overall system uses less power. The Battery life will be the same as the current PSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10032017-1.html
Hi, everyone, there have been reports about the battery life of the new PSP system (PSP-3000) being shorter than the current model (PSP-2000), following an interview we recently did with Gamespot. I'd like to make a correction and clarify that the new PSP will have equivalent battery life to the current PSP, about 4 to 6 hours for games and about 4 to 5 hours for UMD videos. While the enhanced screen of the new PSP draws a little more power, our engineers in Japan worked to reduce the power consumption of the overall system including its components, so you won't have to worry about losing any time when enjoying the more vibrant visuals displayed with the new PSP.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi

09-04-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
The design is more polished, stop saying it looks the same.

The PSP-3000 will retail at the same price as the PSP-2000. It's going to be $199 for the entertainment pack, which there's two I believe. One will have a 4GB memory stick while the other will have a game, and 1GB memory stick. I'm not sure if there is going to be a "core" PSP-3000 sold.

Though the screen uses more energy, it was also reported that the overall system uses less power. The Battery life will be the same as the current PSP.
The news i have here about the power consumption is what i wrote in my last post, so i will keep with it until the new 3000 model is out and they make the proper testing of it.
The more polished thing is just marketing, i didnt say they were exactly the thing, but the hell would freeze before i could find any reason to even consider influence my decision of buying it just because of it, the diference other than the logo is almost non existing.
About the pricing I'm in Europe not USA, so guys have it easy because now psp2000 is at 160€ +- here, wich by the diference euro/usd is more expensive already, but like always if something comes out at 199usd it comes here at 199€, wich is lame and it has been done to all consoles. And they announced the 199€ price here already so here it will be more expensive than the previous one, now tell me if u would give 280 usd for it (i checked it before i made the conversion 1€=1.4475usd)
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

09-04-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenit View Post
The news i have here about the power consumption is what i wrote in my last post, so i will keep with it until the new 3000 model is out and they make the proper testing of it.
The more polished thing is just marketing, i didnt say they were exactly the thing, but the hell would freeze before i could find any reason to even consider influence my decision of buying it just because of it, the diference other than the logo is almost non existing.
About the pricing I'm in Europe not USA, so guys have it easy because now psp2000 is at 160€ +- here, wich by the diference euro/usd is more expensive already, but like always if something comes out at 199usd it comes here at 199€, wich is lame and it has been done to all consoles. And they announced the 199€ price here already so here it will be more expensive than the previous one, now tell me if u would give 280 usd for it (i checked it before i made the conversion 1€=1.4475usd)
I'm not going to argue with you on the differences between US and UK pricings. You can always import though if your throwing that big of a bitch fit about it. PSPs aren't region locked.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
09-04-2008, 11:10 PM

Mmm, it's alright, I suppose. I certainly won't be clammoring in line to get one. I have a working one, and that's all that really matters in the time being.

However, my slim PS2 broke down, so I'm gonna need to replace that some day soon so that I may watch movies at home, and play ToA. >.>

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi

09-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you on the differences between US and UK pricings. You can always import though if your throwing that big of a bitch fit about it. PSPs aren't region locked.
UK?? Who talked about UK, i said Europe, and since i was talking about euro pricing i obviously wasnt from UK.
Of course u r not going to argue about the pricing, because its a fact and there is nothing to argue about (sepecially because u have the good pricing why would it be even a problem to consider).
And as u SHOULD know if u import something from other countries u have to pay taxes for imports. After those taxes the pricing would go up, not to speak of warranty, if it breaks down after couple months (if it gets working) then what? I know perfectly that neither ds nor psp r region locked.
Thats why i hate fan boys.

Last edited by zenit : 09-05-2008 at 05:14 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

09-05-2008, 08:35 PM

Lol, wow.

I seldom ever pay taxes importing things. Be it from AU, HK, Japan, the the States. Those are all covered with the shipping carrier when I pay for shipping.

Yes the price is more, EUROPE however has a much higher average minimum wage, as well as higher taxes than the US. Why Sony increased the price is beyond me. However, when you do a direct conversion in pricing it's always going to be more for EU/UK regions.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#20 (permalink))
Old
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi

09-06-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Lol, wow.

I seldom ever pay taxes importing things. Be it from AU, HK, Japan, the the States. Those are all covered with the shipping carrier when I pay for shipping.

Yes the price is more, EUROPE however has a much higher average minimum wage, as well as higher taxes than the US. Why Sony increased the price is beyond me. However, when you do a direct conversion in pricing it's always going to be more for EU/UK regions.
Well here u pay them, at least on my country u do and here minimum wage is not that big around something between 400 and 500€ dont remember well.
If you import something from USA or Japan with some value u can be sure u will pay taxes.
I belive that for some countries in Europe its all the same about the pricing but not in all of them.