I know a game that everyone can agree with

DOOM 3

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#112 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2009, 03:13 AM

Has anyone played the game "Grim Fandango"? I dunno, the game is an action adventure and is not really a horror game, but all the characters in the game has skull faces and for me, this game freaks me out, maybe because of the atmosphere.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#113 (permalink))
Old
xFaisalx (Offline)
New to JF

01-19-2009, 10:48 PM

hehehe, When I was little, don't remember how old, around what, 3,4? I used to play Banjo Kazooie.
I loved that game a lot, but whenever I went game over and they would mutate Banjo's little Sister (w/e she is to him) and she turned into that big monster, I was like: Mommy Mommy, T_T and went scared to my mother xD
My parents were telling me It's just a game etc. But It scared the crap outta me by then.
Also when I was around 13 years old (I'm currently 15 now) I played Doom 3 on my pc and went on teamspeak because else It would scare the LIVING CRAP outta me, period.
But I got a little bit far and stopped after that and haven't tried to go further out of laziness or even fear.
Also when I almost became 15 (still 14 for the lazy matherz lol), that was some months ago, I played Dead Space.
It scared the crap out of me even now, because it would be like total silence and then a freakin monster jumps out of the window when I'm standing near it xDD
I WAS LIKE SHIIIIT and shot multiple times.
Also with the baby monsters when they came around the corner it scared me because it was so freakin sudden and also with the sound.
So yeah... that's my bigass story (sorry if u get bored) xD
(#114 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
01-19-2009, 11:18 PM

Silent Hill One I played that sometime after it came out, the atmospheric music makes those games even creepier, damn do i want a Ps3 so I can play the new one. hahaha my brother was scared of the abominable snowman in Crash bandicoot, ahaha soo funny...did i spell that right ahh who cares

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#115 (permalink))
Old
Oni (Offline)
<3

Send a message via AIM to Oni Send a message via Yahoo to Oni
01-20-2009, 11:37 PM

Silent Hill. The pink bunny will always stay burned into my mind... as well as the wheelchair... -shudders- and the original Resident Evil, where when you go through a door, the screen goes black and shows the door opening, and nothing else.

A Sonozaki at her finest (links may be spoilers):

http://higurashiualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
http://higurashicowbell.ytmnd.com/

Aishite mo ii kai?
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-21-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Silent Hill One I played that sometime after it came out, the atmospheric music makes those games even creepier, damn do i want a Ps3 so I can play the new one.
I'll have to dissapoint you here, Silent Hill Homecoming isn't scary (at least for me) compared with Silent Hill.
Silent Hill will always be the scariest of all parts.
(#117 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

01-21-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I'll have to dissapoint you here, Silent Hill Homecoming isn't scary (at least for me) compared with Silent Hill.
Silent Hill will always be the scariest of all parts.
Ahh damn really, I was looking forward to the scare factor, hmmm........I love Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 they have to be the scariest I've played. I'll probably still end up playing silent hill 5 anyways ahahaha. So not scary like not even alittle bit??

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#118 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

01-21-2009, 02:25 AM

yeahhh silent hill scared the ever living out of me hehe, along with Doom an Residen evil however I think the lasts resident evil games have more accion instead of suspense.

I have one question do you have seen a short animation about a yellow cat and another dude in a hat that live in an alley and some weird things happen, don't remember the name.

Sorry if its out of topic but there I was thinking about scary and creapy and that thing poped up in mi mind

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
Original language: spanish learning to write in english......so be patient.
(#119 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

01-23-2009, 09:45 AM

When I played silent Hill the first time these words alway stuck with me " THE FEAR OF BLOOD TENDS TO CREATE FEAR FOR THE FLESH" it creeped the hell out of me and still does -_- that whole game is creepy and scary but I love it.

I like in Silent Hill 2 when your in Toluca Lake Prison, and you knock on the bathroom door and no one answers...but when you walk out a woman screams in agony but you still cant open the door, my heart droped to my stomach cuz i wasnt expecting it, hahaha.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-23-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Ahh damn really, I was looking forward to the scare factor, hmmm........I love Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 they have to be the scariest I've played. I'll probably still end up playing silent hill 5 anyways ahahaha. So not scary like not even alittle bit??
It's obvious to me that you're going to play it no matter what I'd say, but don't get high hopes. About the scary parts... well I don't want to spoil everything, so I will only say that they used "the element of surprise" a lot to scare instead of gore and other horrors seen in previous parts.
Unlike other SH parts there where a lot of battles where you just couldn't run away from the enemy and was forced to fight and there is that on-screen button pressing taken from Resident Evil 4, which was annoying to me. Some elements were also taken from the movie like the changing from the normal world into the Otherworld.