JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Nintendo Wii Set To Fail?
No Way! I love my Wii! Its The Only Console I Use! 9 13.04%
I Bought One, Still Play It As Often As Other Consoles 10 14.49%
I Bought a Wii, Its Been Collecting Dust For Months 10 14.49%
Never Bought A Wii 40 57.97%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-08-2009, 04:53 AM

Don't hold back, Tenchu. Let us know how you really feel.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

03-08-2009, 06:04 AM

Never bought one, never thought about buying one, probably never going to buy one...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
03-08-2009, 06:25 AM

Never bought a Wii dont plan on it either, just doesnt intrigue me, Id rather throw all my money into getting a PS3 which I don't have yet. Hmm, but Id say its rather popular here, maybe cuz theres alot of kids on my block but most older people have ps3s or 360's. Im not into Mario now I was into that when I was 8, but kinda moved past it when PSX came out then started playing Fighting games, RPG's, and Survival Horror games so, there games are kinda kiddish in comparison, but Im sure there are tons of people who still buy it here in the US, almost everyone like Mario. lol

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

03-08-2009, 06:44 AM

The Wii gets me frustraited. There are simply not enough grusam games. If you look at my Wii games I've personally purchased, I do not own any E games.

I never play my Wii. I buy a game and beat it in a week. There is not enough substance to the Wii.

See, lately there has been a lot of games that came out I REALLY want. I played WiiFit and I think it's the most pimptastical way to tighten and tone your body. But I can't buy that now because I'm saving up for a fancy video camera...

I'm a huge Harvest Moon fan, but the camera I ever want so badly... and I also want Animal Crossing, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy.

But for realz. I'd much rather purchase Resident Evil 5 next week for my shiny/sexy PS3 than any other game for my cute little Wii.

I'm only anticipating three new games this year: NMH2, this one horror game, and that bloody chainsaw game. Alas, I probably won't buy any other Wii games unless it was $30 or under with the exception for Trauma Center.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-08-2009, 07:28 AM

Mad World looks really cool, and I will be buying that for the wii (a rare M-rated Wii game).
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Ningyou
03-08-2009, 07:30 AM

I love the Wii. I use it to play old Nintento 64 games like Mario Kart and such. And to play Zelda games.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
A brit who's not heard the term "collecting dust"?

I'm not saying about it competing, I'm asking if you think its going to flop alltogether. Saturn/Dreamcast Style.

As apposed to living where? ooo let me guess..

No its not? I've seen loads in the window of Gamestation.. People buy them, play tennis, get bored and get shut. Like Koir said, its for Wii fit only these days..

I don't go by consoles, if theres a good game coming out, ill buy the console nessessary to play that game, regardless of that game. Like i got a gameboy just so i could play pokemon red. I got a PS3 for SF4 simply because i prefered the controller.

I got a wii for the sports but that got really old really fast. Ya know what I use it for now? a paper weight for any scrap that I use for kanji practise.
Please don't give me this opposed to living where stuff because I'm on Japan Forum. I just hate england and everything about it, I'd rather be in a lot of countries. I'm not going to go into it though since I'd be doing 2 things. 1) spend hours writing it. 2) Take the topic off track.

But anyways the sales figures still say that the wii is selling well in the UK and that's all that matters to nintendo I suppose. And it can't go the way of the saturn/dreamcast since it's already sold a lot more than both of their sale figures combined.

You're reminding me I need to get Street Fighter IV. Is it as good as the old Alpha 3 which I loved? Was it really worth the £300 for street fighter and the ps3 though?

Also my tone kind of seems harsh in this post but I don't mean it to come across this way, sorry for anyone that thinks it seems that way.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
03-08-2009, 01:59 PM

I have 2 wiis and thei're both collecting dust. I wish I had more time.

I like handhelds the most.

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

03-08-2009, 02:25 PM

Can't say that Wii is failing, because it attracts other kind of people with their crap like Wii Fit. Instead of just doing those aerobic exercises with one of the aerobic TV shows, they rather waste more money on a Wii with balance board, 'cause it's more fun that way.

Wii is just the same old GameCube in a fancy suit and nothing more. But you got to give them credit for it. Unlike other consoles, they went on a different path and succeeded.

So why sould I waste money on Wii, because it has a cool Wii mote and nunchuck? Sorry, but I need more than that, I'm not a Mario and Zelda fan and other games with poor graphics that require swinging the Wii mote don't impress me.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

03-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
So why sould I waste money on Wii, because it has a cool Wii mote and nunchuck? Sorry, but I need more than that, I'm not a Mario and Zelda fan and other games with poor graphics that require swinging the Wii mote don't impress me.
There's always accidentally chucking the Wiimote at the TV, breaking it...

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"