LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-25-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post

It honestly upsets me that games like this exist. They're just vile...I think its astonishing how people (especially women) defend them.
That just shows you how big the world actually is Clair.

I agree with Pumpum (Heh I almost called him Pumkin Bahahahaha!!! XDDD).
Anyways if they banned games like this then they should ban lemon fanfiction/Hentaimanga/Anime shows like Chobits and Moe movies. If anything they should not allow any nudity at all or sexual refrences anywhere.

(Although I really do believe that they should do away with Sex in The City ugh its such a moronic show with ugly women *Shivers*).
All examples above are not true events but they make people want something they don't have so it should be banned just like rape games.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
Banning stuff usually just makes it more appealing to people!!

Think about how much stuff you have done in your life because soemone told you it was *wrong* when usually you would have never bothered twice, a lot of people commit crime not for necessity but for excitement.
Hell, even I used to be like this, I would steal things just because of the thrill.

If people see that a rape game is banned than it just expands the imagination futher, making them want to play it.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-25-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
There's this video on youtube that talks about a specific rape game - where the objective is to "follow a 12 YEAR OLD GIRL on the train, get her into a bathroom then repeatedly rape her"

It honestly upsets me that games like this exist. They're just vile...I think its astonishing how people (especially women) defend them.
Urgh, Really? REALLY? That's....I have no words for that.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-25-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
If it`s the type of person that wants to rape in real life, playing a game is probably not going to appeal to them all that much.

This statement pretty much sums it up.

The games themselves are victimless.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2009, 11:43 PM

If making the games banned in the Japan, the place where the games are made, then the games would no longer exist, eliminating the ability for those who now are excited by it being illegal to get it.

As far as I know these games are not licensed in the US, so any releases are probably cracks anyway.

The difference to me between these games and GTA is the sexual fantasy aspect. If I understand correctly, in these are games a goal is to force sexual advances on a girl and after resisting she eventually gives in to her latent desires and begins to enjoy it.

This is the message that worries me, as that seems like a dangerous message to be sending.

I am not saying the games should be banned or not...but I think the message sent makes a little bit of difference.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-26-2009, 02:17 AM

This will be a general response to everyone who replied, because it's late, and I seriously CBA to quote everyone.

Claire: I agree. To me, it doesn't appeal. At all. But to others it does. The way I think of it, is if playing these games satisfies people to the point where they keep it fictional, then it' none of my business. But if it gets to the point where they rape in reality, then it's not the games fault, but the persons mind. Nyororin's statement summed up the fact perfectly.

MMM + Columbine: In GTA, we could argue that the main goal is to create am illegal, wealthy standing in the big city via gunning down anyone in your way, killing anybody, blowing anything up and so on, so on. Let's not get into a comparison debate here, but GTA has a main goal, and it revolves around killing.

Also, MMM, it IS a dangerous message being sent, but again we have minds for a reason. A person who TRULY thinks that women WANT to be raped in reality, need to get checked.

The banning of these games would not effect me in anyway, but I see no harm in them, seeing as they are not affecting anyone in reality. It's all to do with a person's mind.

There are many more things in the media to worry about than simple rape games that don't really effect anyone but the deluded.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#37 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-26-2009, 02:57 AM

wow I had no Idea anything like this existed. I don't really see the point to them. I don't care if people play them I guess. Has anyone actually taken one of these games to heart.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-26-2009, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

MMM + Columbine: In GTA, we could argue that the main goal is to create am illegal, wealthy standing in the big city via gunning down anyone in your way, killing anybody, blowing anything up and so on, so on. Let's not get into a comparison debate here, but GTA has a main goal, and it revolves around killing.

Also, MMM, it IS a dangerous message being sent, but again we have minds for a reason. A person who TRULY thinks that women WANT to be raped in reality, need to get checked.
I don't feel passionately enough either way to get into a real debate about it, but I have played GTA, and in GTA you are constantly reminded that what you are doing illegal, anti-social, and wrong. You are running from cops, etc. I don't think there is any question that your activities are anything more or less than what they are.

I don't get this impression from the rape games. Are you reminded that what your are doing as a character is engaging in anti-social, illegal, and immoral behavior? You are in GTA, but I don't think you are in rape games. That's a different sort of simulation, and to me makes a line between what I find personally acceptable or not. Again, I am not saying these games should be banned, but just what I find entertaining and acceptable in my own house.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-26-2009, 04:33 AM

Just let the nerds masturbate in peace. It's not your business. These games are made by nerds, for nerds. I'm ashamed at the lack of pity you people are giving in credit of the fact they can't find a real date...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Pike (Offline)
Asian Female? Where?

06-26-2009, 04:41 AM

I do not understand why they are banning games. There have been people that take some games literally but those games were not banned either. I personally do not play those games and see no real reason to ban them.

The Ecstasy of Emptiness
The Purity of Suffering
The Divinity of Loneliness