JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you going to buy the 3DS?
Yes 16 28.57%
No/Maybe 40 71.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Nintendo 3DS - 03-01-2011, 12:57 AM

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure everyone knows that the Nintendo 3DS has come out in Japan already and soon to be in America in the following month.

What do you guys think of it? Do you think you are going to get one? Do you think that it will be like the first DS and have a DS Lite come out half a year after it?

Some of the titles that we are going to see with the 3DS are 2 Resident Evil games (one based on mercenaries mode), Street fighter, Dead or Alive, and even Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater.

I don't think there is any 3DS threads yet... so I find it sorta weird.

Last edited by JustinRossTso : 03-01-2011 at 01:25 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AlexisSalas
03-01-2011, 01:56 AM

Hi, i will absolutely buy the ds3d i think is going to be fun lolz, but i think that in half a year it will appear a new lite version :3 like the nds and then with some other aplications, and i love the idea of it having a reesident evil sequence :3

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisSalas View Post
Hi, i will absolutely buy the ds3d i think is going to be fun lolz, but i think that in half a year it will appear a new lite version :3 like the nds and then with some other aplications, and i love the idea of it having a reesident evil sequence :3

Yeah, the Resident Evil stuff seems like it would satisfy people's zombie killing aspect of a gaming console ;D!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AlexisSalas
03-02-2011, 01:43 AM

absolutely, but i think its goin to be kinda uncorfotable since is from the 3ds :$

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
03-02-2011, 02:57 AM

I probably will buy 3DS, but not for now, I will wait till the prices decrease. 3Ds will cost around $450 or $500 here

There are good games to be released, 3DS have great chances to be so well succeded as DS.

Considering 3Ds power, it probably can run some Wii games with appropriate adaptations, I hope that Nintendo release some Wii games for 3Ds like The last Story, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy.

Other 3DS atractive is the retrocompatibility with DS. I didn't play some Dragon Quest games, now I can see a chance to play it. Of course, I'm waiting for new RPGs with incredible graphics, I want to see 3Ds running games at maximum potential.

Video Games: Serious Business

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-02-2011, 03:06 AM

I played with it - and will probably buy it in the next week or so, if only for the novelty value... (There are no games out right now or coming out very soon that interest me.)

The 3D effect is pretty interesting. Nothing "jumps out", instead there is added depth to the screen, making it seem like you are looking into a box instead of at something flat. I was impressed that it *didn`t* make my eyes hurt, like all the other 3D technology I have played with so far.

I also have to say that I`m pretty impressed with Nintendo for making the 3D an option and not a requirement for play. My son only has one properly working eye, so 3D that is forced on you sort of drives me crazy. I had to try to keep him from crying when his kindergarten had a "3D movie" day... and with the glasses on, everything just "looked red" with no coolness. *sigh*

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-02-2011, 09:59 PM

Well I'd absolutely love to!

But alas, I had to pick the No/Maybe option because I really don't have the money right now, and to be honest I'm not really into the DS console.
The 3DS looks really good though, so if I did get into the DS then I'd probably go for this one.
But for now it's a bit too much money to sink into something I might not like. :/
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-03-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I played with it - and will probably buy it in the next week or so, if only for the novelty value... (There are no games out right now or coming out very soon that interest me.)

The 3D effect is pretty interesting. Nothing "jumps out", instead there is added depth to the screen, making it seem like you are looking into a box instead of at something flat. I was impressed that it *didn`t* make my eyes hurt, like all the other 3D technology I have played with so far.

I also have to say that I`m pretty impressed with Nintendo for making the 3D an option and not a requirement for play. My son only has one properly working eye, so 3D that is forced on you sort of drives me crazy. I had to try to keep him from crying when his kindergarten had a "3D movie" day... and with the glasses on, everything just "looked red" with no coolness. *sigh*
:O... I'm sorta scared that it will make my head hurt , I'm not that great with 3D stuff myself. I also had a pretty traumatizing 3D movie experience as a kid, so that doesn't help. Oh, so it's not really 3D in that sense, but 3D as in depth. That's really cool! I guess that's called thinking outside the box (or inside the box in this case :P).

That's not fair for your son. I'm sorry he couldn't watch the 3D movie, but I personally dislike 3D movies and even 3D books, it makes my head hurt. I think it will be fine without 3D . Who knows... 3D might actually have bad side effects, and your son will be unaffected ! (sorry if that thought is sorta dark at the same time).
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Enrique1991 (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2011, 10:52 PM

I Would Love To Buy It...But I Can't...For Now

Enrique Salas (Yes I am a Mexican. Pretty rare Don't You Think?)http://www.myspace.com/enriquesalas
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-06-2011, 12:14 PM

Yep I think i'll give it a whirl