JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: How many MMORPGs do you play?
None at all 28 34.57%
1 27 33.33%
2 13 16.05%
3 ^^ 5 6.17%
4 =O 8 9.88%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-13-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumaki View Post
tell me something more about eve online sounds interesting :P
It's like The Matrix... a world on it's own, in order to understand which, you do need to see it for yourself.
It's a very mature game (I reckon that the average player age is in the late 20s), with great deal of game-play based on player interactions and your own communication skills... There's a lot of backstabbing, espionage between player-run corporations and alliances, griefing and a crapload of flying spaceships and blowing stuff up. It's really not an easy task to explain it all in just a couple of sentences, since it differs so much from your average wow/lineage-clone.
Here's a fairly well written review of EVE.

But beware, if you choose to try it, get ready to spend hours upon hours on doing tutorials and reading guides, since it has a killer learning curve... so yeah, it's definitely not as casual as wow and alike.

(#62 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to orewasenshi Send a message via MSN to orewasenshi
12-13-2009, 02:51 PM

You could just buy the Matrix game for the PC, just thought I'd let you know :3

As for MMO's, I don't usually play them, butttt if I could suggest any, Mabinogi seems to be a popular one.

[I usually stick to RPGs on an actual console >w<]
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
It's like The Matrix... a world on it's own, in order to understand which, you do need to see it for yourself.
It's a very mature game (I reckon that the average player age is in the late 20s), with great deal of game-play based on player interactions and your own communication skills... There's a lot of backstabbing, espionage between player-run corporations and alliances, griefing and a crapload of flying spaceships and blowing stuff up. It's really not an easy task to explain it all in just a couple of sentences, since it differs so much from your average wow/lineage-clone.
Here's a fairly well written review of EVE.

But beware, if you choose to try it, get ready to spend hours upon hours on doing tutorials and reading guides, since it has a killer learning curve... so yeah, it's definitely not as casual as wow and alike.
I tried out EVE, it was interesting and all, and it seems that it has a really good mid game and end game content, yet getting passed the first few hours killed me. The combat (if any) seemed to be very slow, and dull.

Think I might go and try Age of Conan again sometime soon :P That was a hilariously good game.

AS for Dota and WCIII and those type of things. Done and dusted.

Anyone played Rome Total War out there? I'm thinking of a game which requires me to use the terrain, and the different strategies to win in battle. Since I'm REALLY into strategy. Mass strategy.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Mortry (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-13-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumaki View Post
tell me something more about eve online sounds interesting :P

Btw, try Heroes of Newerth, cool RPG/RTS game
Isn't it still a closed beta? Looks cool though
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-13-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

I tried out EVE, it was interesting and all, and it seems that it has a really good mid game and end game content, yet getting passed the first few hours killed me. The combat (if any) seemed to be very slow, and dull.

Anyone played Rome Total War out there? I'm thinking of a game which requires me to use the terrain, and the different strategies to win in battle. Since I'm REALLY into strategy. Mass strategy.
Yeah, the combat at the beginning is very slow paced, since you need to learn to take a lot of things in-to consideration. Yet shooting NPCs is nothing like going against a living-breathing opponent who wants to win just as much as you do and you need to pull out all of the aces from your sleeve to overcome him (or them), plus the fact that you do loose your ship when you die (apart from other consequences) adds a lot more spice to the meal. I remember the 1st couple of times when I met low-sec pirates... I never expected to get such a adrenaline rush from a game, like I did back then. And even now, when I do know my way around the game, facing an opponent of your own (or especially a higher) calibre, gives me the same adrenaline kick.
The problem is, however, that you reach the point of when you are able to pvp with confidence in yourself only after 3-4 months (if you know what you're doing) and people generally won't be looking at you as a potential wingman to fly with in gangs/fleets if you haven't hit the 3-4million SP threshold.
So yeah, EVE is totally backwards. It won't offer you anything great at the beginning, but if you have the determination to reach the goals you set for yourself (becoming a good pvp pilot, for instance), the game is very rewarding. That's how the sandbox works =)
Anyways... either you love it or hate it. I can't, nor I will try to convince you or anyone else, since the game does require you to be able to learn it for yourself. In short - it's not world of warcraft.

As for strategies - Have your tried Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War? Or its sequel?
For mass strategies - Supreme commander is awesome.

(#66 (permalink))
Old
Happykitsune (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Happykitsune Send a message via Skype™ to Happykitsune
12-13-2009, 06:26 PM

I really enjoy Guild Wars.
Others I've played are...
Ether Saga
Dragon Oath
City of Heroes

Those are just a few tho. I also enjoy The Endless Forest, but that's more of a work of art then a game. Still, it's very beautiful and original
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Baubles (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Baubles
12-13-2009, 10:01 PM

I would recomend Perfect World International. It has some great content that is frequent updated with regular epansions. Best of all, it's free!

All Hail The Crimson King
(#68 (permalink))
Old
Gokeiken (Offline)
New to JF

12-19-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baubles View Post
Best of all, it's free!
But you still pretty much fail at it if you don't invest real cash. That's how the world goes round.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
12-19-2009, 08:46 AM

i been playing Dungeon Fighter Online. if you like side scrolling old arcade fighting. youtube it because it's a unique game that gets funner and funner beating up monsters and players

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Sakamae (Offline)
JF Regular

12-19-2009, 08:48 AM

Is It bloody? Do you kill things?

I Like You... When The World is Mine, Your Death Shall Be Quick And Painless.