Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke91 View Post
hmm i see.

here in aus, we also have TAFE

if i complete a tafe course aswell, would that help?
the more skills you have, the better chance on getting hired?
I am not familiar with TAFE...and it might depend on what field you are entering.
(#222 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX View Post
I'm a sophomore. I'm fifteen years old, so of course not.

Yeah, but you can simply find someone who's taking the same courses as you, and "study" with them. Then, you can just get the diploma and there we go with the stereotyping of intelligence and skill.

I just can't stand this diploma crap. You don't have to go to college just to show that you can accomplish something.

Another example of stereotyping, this is.
DSX, I wish I could tell you life gets more and more fair the older you get. In fact the opposite is true.
(#223 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-14-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am not familiar with TAFE...and it might depend on what field you are entering.
So what if you want to become a novelist/author? You gotta go to college for that too? It's basically being your own boss, so I don't see why you'd have to go other than just getting more knowledge in the writing field.

(#224 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-14-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
DSX, I wish I could tell you life gets more and more fair the older you get. In fact the opposite is true.
I've been through enough in life to have realized that VERY early. This fact I've known for years, because things only got harder on me.

But still my point stands. Society needs to make these changes or at least even things out so its fair for everyone.

Maybe something like you get more pay for a job if you've gone to college. People who didn't go can still get the job as long as they show their experience.

(#225 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 04:01 AM

Quote:
So what if you want to become a novelist/author? You gotta go to college for that too? It's basically being your own boss, so I don't see why you'd have to go other than just getting more knowledge in the writing field.
People don't hire novelists or authors. They sell what they write.

Famous people with special skills can get special visas. That's how foreign pro baseball players and soccer players can live there. If George Lucas said he wanted to buy a summer home in Japan, I am sure the government would make sure that could happen.

So if you were a famous author, you could apply for a special visa.
(#226 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 04:05 AM

Quote:
I've been through enough in life to have realized that VERY early. This fact I've known for years, because things only got harder on me.

But still my point stands. Society needs to make these changes or at least even things out so its fair for everyone.

Maybe something like you get more pay for a job if you've gone to college. People who didn't go can still get the job as long as they show their experience.
Just like graduating high school, graduating college proves you can do something. This will never change. It's like the person earlier today who had a 200 word vocabulary in Japanese, and wanted to be able to understand movies. It doesn't work like that. You have to put in the time, energy, and money, and then get the rewards. There is no lottery in life.
(#227 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-14-2008, 04:09 AM

Quote:
People don't hire novelists or authors. They sell what they write.

Famous people with special skills can get special visas. That's how foreign pro baseball players and soccer players can live there. If George Lucas said he wanted to buy a summer home in Japan, I am sure the government would make sure that could happen.

So if you were a famous author, you could apply for a special visa.
And that's what I want.

But the fact that I have to wait until I get a degree to go to Japan just angers me. Going there would crucial to most of my stories, because as I've said before, most of them take place in Japan.

That, and I'm writing now and would like to go. All the more to help me in learning the culture and language. The only words I know are konichiwa, arigato, and just names I have for my characters in the stories.

For life in the stories so far, I'm going off what I see in movies, read off wikipedia, and read on here as well as other things on the Japanese life.

But having to wait until after college? I'll probably be like twenty something, and I'm not a very patient person with things I really wanna do.

(#228 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-14-2008, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Just like graduating high school, graduating college proves you can do something. This will never change. It's like the person earlier today who had a 200 word vocabulary in Japanese, and wanted to be able to understand movies. It doesn't work like that. You have to put in the time, energy, and money, and then get the rewards. There is no lottery in life.
Which makes it bullsh**, flatout.

(#229 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 04:11 AM

You can go at any time as a tourist for up to 90 days.
(#230 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Which makes it bullsh**, flatout.
Why achieving a difficult accomplishment is BS is beyond me. All I do know is no one regrets graduating from college, but plenty of people regret not graduating.