JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
billysweird (Offline)
JF Regular

Well i'm Boned... - 07-15-2008, 03:50 PM

Look's like i'll be having to go back to my home country...i wish i could have stayed longer aswell, But unfortunatly i got sick and had to goto a japanese hospital and because i was there for a few days i now owe them hundreds of dollars because in japan even if you have insurance you still have to pay 30% of medical bill's and thats pretty much all my budget gone so i have no money saved up for rent next month let alone food for the next week hopefully i get a better job within the next 2 days (which i doubt).

What sucks the most is i quit my job in australia and used most of my savings to get over here so even if i go back home i'll still be as fucked as i am now. And unfortunatly i don't come from a family that has much money so they can't help me out hell...i don't even know where im going to live...maybe if all my firends hadn't moved to either brissi or WA i might have a place to stay but no everything bad always has to happen at once it can't just happen at a time i can deal with it.

Alwell the overall experience i guess is what i came here for, still can't speak the language fluently and didn't manage to find a decent job but i did have a lot of fun experiences and met a lot of people. Didn't get to travel around japan at all but meh i guess i learnt my lesson lol...even hard work and persistance can't change some things.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-15-2008, 04:11 PM

Japanese national insurance is still 100 times better than what we have in the US. I pay a couple hundred dollars a month, and then dread getting sick, as they only cover certain illnesses and conditions.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
billysweird (Offline)
JF Regular

07-15-2008, 04:32 PM

In australia we pretty much get full coverage...from the government...but we have to pay tax...for it...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
billysweird (Offline)
JF Regular

07-15-2008, 04:33 PM

and it also doesn't change the fact that im boned...wow dude your real defensive when it comes to japan..you would do well as a priest lol...

Last edited by billysweird : 07-15-2008 at 04:35 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysweird View Post
In australia we pretty much get full coverage...from the government...but we have to pay tax...
That's exactly what we need in the US. Any major surgery can bankrupt a family here now. Doctors have to pay incredibly high malpractice insurance because there are so many lawyers telling people to sue their doctors, and that is all passed down to the patients.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-15-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Look's like i'll be having to go back to my home country...i wish i could have stayed longer aswell, But unfortunatly i got sick and had to goto a japanese hospital and because i was there for a few days i now owe them hundreds of dollars because in japan even if you have insurance you still have to pay 30% of medical bill's and thats pretty much all my budget gone so i have no money saved up for rent next month let alone food for the next week hopefully i get a better job within the next 2 days (which i doubt).

What sucks the most is i quit my job in australia and used most of my savings to get over here so even if i go back home i'll still be as fucked as i am now. And unfortunatly i don't come from a family that has much money so they can't help me out hell...i don't even know where im going to live...maybe if all my firends hadn't moved to either brissi or WA i might have a place to stay but no everything bad always has to happen at once it can't just happen at a time i can deal with it.

Alwell the overall experience i guess is what i came here for, still can't speak the language fluently and didn't manage to find a decent job but i did have a lot of fun experiences and met a lot of people. Didn't get to travel around japan at all but meh i guess i learnt my lesson lol...even hard work and persistance can't change some things.
You said you were in school?

Anyways, even if your family doesn't have much money, you mean you can't stay with them? That's harsh dude.

No way to get a job?

なんでやねん!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-15-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
You said you were in school?

Anyways, even if your family doesn't have much money, you mean you can't stay with them? That's harsh dude.

No way to get a job?
He is a teaching at a school.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
billysweird (Offline)
JF Regular

07-15-2008, 04:57 PM

Yeh unfortunatly my mother lives in a granny flat with her bf which only has like a bedroom and a kitchen and a dining room, and i haven't spoken to my dad and lets just say a long time....so yeh...i do have a job but it doesn't pay enough for me to live in japan...lol....just enough for me to buy instant ramen, cheese, bread and canned tuna XD and if i feel like spoiling myself yoshinoya hehe.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-15-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
He is a teaching at a school.
He said in another post he was 2 years into University.

Quote:
Yeh unfortunatly my mother lives in a granny flat with her bf which only has like a bedroom and a kitchen and a dining room, and i haven't spoken to my dad and lets just say a long time....so yeh...i do have a job but it doesn't pay enough for me to live in japan...lol....just enough for me to buy instant ramen, cheese, bread and canned tuna XD and if i feel like spoiling myself yoshinoya hehe.
I was talking about your home country...

Anyways, even if your mom lived in a shoebox, you're saying she wouldn't make room for you if you needed it?

なんでやねん!

Last edited by Henbaka : 07-15-2008 at 05:49 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

07-15-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
In australia we pretty much get full coverage...from the government...but we have to pay tax...for it...
We have that too. Practically everything is free on the NHS. I haven't got a clue why America hasn't done it yet, seriously.