(#31 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

02-18-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Get a working holiday visa!

I don't think Americans are allowed them... but if you're from Canada, Britain, Australia or New Zealand you definitely are among others... (i.e. you're a citizen of any of these countries).
So move to Canada, get their citizenship and THEN get the working visa~
XDD
(#32 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

02-18-2009, 01:33 AM

Are not working holiday visas only six months? Plus being an ALT technically you should have an Instructor's Visa.

There are some cities now that are totally skipping the whole process of liasing with JET or eikaiwas and hiring ALTs direct. This is in the end the best route for the city and the teachers. It saves thousands of dollars. Wait...millions of yen. But when I say some, I am really talking about only a handful. The biggest obstacle the advancement of this trend faces is the boards of education. English teachers can be a lot to handle their first few months adjusting, and the ALT directors love being able to delegate responsibility elswhere.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-18-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Okay a question for you MMM.....besides JET, what would you say is the easiest and quickest way to LIVE (not just visit for a few months, but live. Maybe for a few years) in Japan?
For an American, probably AEON.

AEONet Homepage
(#34 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-18-2009, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
Are not working holiday visas only six months? Plus being an ALT technically you should have an Instructor's Visa.

There are some cities now that are totally skipping the whole process of liasing with JET or eikaiwas and hiring ALTs direct. This is in the end the best route for the city and the teachers. It saves thousands of dollars. Wait...millions of yen. But when I say some, I am really talking about only a handful. The biggest obstacle the advancement of this trend faces is the boards of education. English teachers can be a lot to handle their first few months adjusting, and the ALT directors love being able to delegate responsibility elswhere.
I believe working holiday visa's are one year. And it allows you to work any job from fast food to ski resorts. I know there are lots of working holiday people from New Zealand working the ski resorts in Japan.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

02-18-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
I believe working holiday visa's are one year. And it allows you to work any job from fast food to ski resorts. I know there are lots of working holiday people from New Zealand working the ski resorts in Japan.
You are right about the ski resorts. They, the ones following the rules at least, prefer gaijin with working holiday visas. If you want to go that route, check out snowworkers.com
(#36 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-18-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
For an American, probably AEON.

AEONet Homepage
Thank you so much. Will look into it.

Jeez why can't all answers to my questions be that straight-forward? XDD

猿も木から落ちる
(#37 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

02-18-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
why can't all answers to my questions be that straight-forward? XDD
Because it isn't the answer to your question. You still don't qualify for a work visa.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-18-2009, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Because it isn't the answer to your question. You still don't qualify for a work visa.
It was the answer to that question. I asked for a simple and quick way to move to Japan, and he gave me an answer.

And of course I don't qualify for a working visa. I'm only a senior in high school.

猿も木から落ちる
(#39 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

02-18-2009, 04:34 AM

Oh, I get where you're coming from. I didn't really find my four years of university "quick and simple," but I am sure you will breeze through it no trouble.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-18-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Oh, I get where you're coming from. I didn't really find my four years of university "quick and simple," but I am sure you will breeze through it no trouble.
I think he meant AFTER completing school. Let's all take a deep breath and continue in the spirit of the thread's intention.