JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

08-10-2009, 07:42 PM

@ Barone...

please don't quote a post if it's right above yours. It just takes up space, and makes people have to do more scrolling.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 08:37 PM

ok fixed it. I didnt think it would be that hard to scroll down. But its fixed non the less my bad.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

08-10-2009, 08:48 PM

I know. It's just the post you quoted is so long.
and since your post is under it, it's really not necessary.

anyway...

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#64 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 09:07 PM

For those who are Japanese/Speak Japanese, here is a pro-Hemp group from Japan

CANNABIST Internet -

--

We are CANNABIST, a non-profit citizen activist organization located here in Tokyo, calling for decriminalization of personal use of cannabis in Japan. The recent worldwide public debates over the policies related to cannabis has been gaining momentum in support of decriminalization, backed by scientific evidence and viewpoints of human rights. CANNABIST consists of 3000 members unified by a shared desire to bring an end to the widespread general misunderstanding among the Japanese public regarding the risks of personal use of cannabis. This general misunderstanding has retarded rational reconsideration of the current policy that prohibits the personal use of cannabis. The current policy has caused what we consider to be wrongful violations of human rights. There have been over one thousand arrests each year, and those who have been arrested have been subjects to often severely strict punishments completely disproportional, and uncalled for, considering the fact that personal use of cannabis only poses more or less equivalent risks as compared to tobacco and alcohol in terms of personal health and overall safety of the general public.

We have been active since the year 1999, and through our efforts to decriminalize personal use of cannabis, we aim to make our own society freer and better.

CANNABIST
info@cannabist.org
Address: 2-6-19-101 Sakurashinmachi Setagaya-ku Tokyo 154-0015 Japan

---
(#65 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2009, 01:49 AM

I don't know if I believe about this group. When I went there to try to organize the THC Ministry too many people were afraid of getting arrested. I don't see why this group would be any different, but I hope they are.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#66 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
I don't know if I believe about this group. When I went there to try to organize the THC Ministry too many people were afraid of getting arrested. I don't see why this group would be any different, but I hope they are.
It's the thought that counts, I suppose.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-12-2009, 08:19 AM

No rebuttle? Anyone?
(#68 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

2,700 year old marijuana found in central Asia - 08-29-2009, 11:01 PM

Phytochemical and genetic analyses of ancient cannabis from Central Asia -- Russo et al. 59 (15): 4171 -- Journal of Experimental Botany

The Yanghai Tombs near Turpan, Xinjiang-Uighur Autonomous Region, China have recently been excavated to reveal the 2700-year-old grave of a Caucasoid shaman whose accoutrements included a large cache of cannabis, superbly preserved by climatic and burial conditions.

Microscopic botanical analysis

Gross examination of the 11 g sample of cannabis provided by the Chinese Academy of Sciences revealed loose dry vegetative material. The impression that the vegetative material had been lightly pounded was supported by examination of the wooden bowl, whose internal surface was worn smooth, apparently from use as a mortar. The cannabis retained a surprisingly green colour in its leafy parts and displayed visible glandular trichomes (Fig. 2B), the phytochemical factory of the plant and site of manufacture of cannabinoids and terpenoids (Potter, 2004; McPartland and Russo, 2001; Kim and Mahlberg, 2003).

Last edited by burkhartdesu : 08-29-2009 at 11:06 PM.
(#70 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-06-2011, 08:39 PM

hemp used to be legal and japanese farmers planted hemp everywhere in japan before WW2. and hemp has a lot to do with Shinto, and Syugendou. Shinto oracles used to use Oonusa which is written 大麻 (大幣 for present days) when they say prayers( 祝詞 ). Yamabushi burned marijuana when they chant. Japanese even smoked marijuana as medicine of asthma. Japanese parents made crying kids bite marijuana leaves to subside. I want that marijuana culture back. hemp is necessary aspect of our culture.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life

Last edited by tipsygypsy : 03-06-2011 at 08:51 PM.