JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
janetyre12 (Offline)
New to JF

08-12-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

I live in Japan, not in Tokyo, and have lived here for almost 9 years now. I basically came to Japan with nothing (On my own, not part of any program, not as a teacher, with almost no money, etc) when I was 17, and have been here pretty much ever since.

I`m now married, and *own* a home. I`m willing to answer pretty much any questions about real life in Japan - not the English teacher in Tokyo type stuff... Because that`s only like 0.1% of reality. (Not to offend any of the English teachers in Tokyo or anything though.)

We usually try and help other people who are/were in the same boat as I was when I came to Japan (Bad family life, etc), but last year a girl we let stay with us really screwed us over so we have stopped for the time being. But I really want to help people, so if I can in any way please ask!

(Oh, and I think I mentioned a lot more stuff in my intro in the introductions thread, so...)
hey!!!im happy theres one person on earth like you...

i need a quick advise abt. my problem...pls give me one...tnx!!!

i want to marry a japanese.but my problem is that im already married in my home country, plus the fact that when i arrived here in japan last year,im with my husband so my necessary docs. like pasports, alien cards etc. were all stamped married.
now im already seperated with my husband & he's back home.is it necessary to file an annulment first so i can go on with my plans of re-marry?i want to get married soon but annulment procedures im my home country is sooooo dificult and slow....

is there anyway of getting married in japan the easiest way?
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetyre12 View Post
hey!!!im happy theres one person on earth like you...

i need a quick advise abt. my problem...pls give me one...tnx!!!

i want to marry a japanese.but my problem is that im already married in my home country, plus the fact that when i arrived here in japan last year,im with my husband so my necessary docs. like pasports, alien cards etc. were all stamped married.
now im already seperated with my husband & he's back home.is it necessary to file an annulment first so i can go on with my plans of re-marry?i want to get married soon but annulment procedures im my home country is sooooo dificult and slow....

is there anyway of getting married in japan the easiest way?
Talk about putting the cart in front of the horse. Get divorced in your country first. I can't understand why you want to marry a Japanese so quickly unless it is for a visa. Any guy will run if you come on this strong. Get your life together and then worry about getting married or else you will complicate your life more and the life of a poor Japanese man.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
Old
sarasi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 12:18 AM

You must get divorced in your home country first. Japan requires documents from your home country proving that you are not married in order for you to legally get married here. With marriage and divorce there are no quick solutions. You will need to get properly legally divorced in your home country, then apply for a "Certificate of no Impediment to Marriage", then you can get married.
Old
nick149 (Offline)
New to JF

08-28-2009, 01:54 PM

What do I need to go to a university in japan???
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick149 View Post
What do I need to go to a university in japan???
Aside from quite a bit of money and a student visa, a good understanding of the Japanese language. Your Japanese language skills would have to be very high up to attend a pure Japanese University (meaning all the subjects would be taught in Japanese).

Another option is to attend a university in your home country, major or minor in Japanese, East Asian Languages, East Asian Studies, etc., and just participate in an International Exchange Program in your second or third year. You just have to look up universities that have exchange programs (which would have English-language courses of study) with Japanese universities.
Old
nick149 (Offline)
New to JF

08-28-2009, 10:32 PM

What do u mean with the high language skills
Old
nick149 (Offline)
New to JF

Talking 08-29-2009, 01:42 AM

Thnx for the reply!!!!!!
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-29-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick149 View Post
What do u mean with the high language skills
I guess I could have worded that better. A high level of proficiency and understanding of the Japanese language is what you would need to go to a Japanese University, since everything would be taught in Japanese. I would say something equivalent to at least JLPT 1 or 2.
Old
nick149 (Offline)
New to JF

08-29-2009, 01:09 PM

i have started learning japanese with some pc programs and vocabularies but the JLPT means a lot of study!!!thnx for the reply!!!
Old
Orochitachi (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Orochitachi Send a message via MSN to Orochitachi
08-29-2009, 05:46 PM

I have read the stories here and they all sound like a chance taken and a point proved. Of course i hear the best way to go to Japan is to get a four year degree and with a minor or Major in Japanese. Unfortunately Japanese isnt part of any of my country University Majors, So i pretty much outa luck there...

BtW If you read this and you are Japanese and or is living in Japan, let me know via PM . I'm currently killing myself to learn Japanese and need some help.