(#582 (permalink))
Old
molinameister (Offline)
WILL KILL ALL! except you

Send a message via AIM to molinameister
04-05-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
You sound like Tohru from Fruits Basket.
im a guy version of tohru, the problem is that whenever a girl hugs me, i turn into a raccoon (because of the garbage and box thing)

アンドリューは殺害者私の名前である

.......................__ ............
......<ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL>.
........................| |...........
................... __\||/____......
.\\...............|'-|--| .\\....\.....
..\ \_...........|--|---|..\\ ....\....
../ L \____,/-------\___\___\
.|LOL|-------------O----- ----,\..
..\ L /______,---''-----------, /...
../ /.............\_________ ,/....
.//.............____//___ __\\__/.
(#583 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-05-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinameister View Post
im a guy version of tohru, the problem is that whenever a girl hugs me, i turn into a raccoon (because of the garbage and box thing)
lol That is too cute! *Hugs* I love characters like Tohru.
(#584 (permalink))
Old
ancafeislove (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to ancafeislove Send a message via Yahoo to ancafeislove
04-07-2008, 12:16 AM

fter reading this i am facanated like really. you life is like my dreem. i am 16 and want to live in japan sooo bad. i have allways loved japan and wanted to live there. also my mom is like yours and my father is the same X10 so i ran away and am living with my friend in newfoundland canada right now. this summer i am planning on getting a job and saving up for a plain tickit to japan. so a few questions i have. will i be able to stay with just a passport? also i am still a student so i will have to get a part time job and work and go to classes. i can speek fair japanese and am 100% willing to learn it compleatley. i hope one day to use it wayyy more then english. so aney advise u have? as i said your story inspired me! i have allways said im gona do it but hearig your story i feal better about it
(#585 (permalink))
Old
matsounamiko (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to matsounamiko
Cool 04-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitarisutoKao View Post
yyayy!!I am totally going to japan one day,but my parents hate japan and my fascination with it...they would have totally disowned me if i wasnt only 14...
same goes for me my dad says japan are wierd or something and mom say that is nothing to do there but i gonna live there one one day! <3 japon!<3
(#586 (permalink))
Old
Chachamaru (Offline)
Yaoi Mangaka

^^ - 04-13-2008, 07:05 AM

I'm planning a couple month long trip to Japan. Some city near Kyoto. I would like to make some friends there so I can have a guide and even maybe a translator.. >< any tips u could give me would be much appreciated. Expecially, about costs and good places to go.

~GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD~

~Reita x Uruha ~The Ukes that just want to be Semes~
(#587 (permalink))
Old
Kajitsu (Offline)
Is a very strange fruit.

04-13-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsounamiko View Post

same goes for me my dad says japan are wierd or something and mom say that is nothing to do there but i gonna live there one one day! <3 japon!<3
Come visit me when I move there!

Avatar credit to Tejou from Digik Designs
(#588 (permalink))
Old
kanedova (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kanedova
04-13-2008, 01:01 PM

hey Nyororin,
I just wanted to congratulate you on your great success. Since I am myself going to Japan this Summer I read through your stories intensively. My aim will be to learn as much Japanese as possible within 6 months and then decide where to continue my studies. I am 22 years old and am half Japanese half Swiss, but since I've forgotten (!) how to speak Japanese when I was younger, i will attempt a second go.

You were talking about Free Japanese classes. Do you know where to get more information about that? I will be staying in Wakayama at my nearly 80 year old Grandma's place. I have about $18,000 so saving as much money as possible is crucial. I might even need to find a part-time job, whilst there. Since I own the Japanese Passport, i won't encounter any Visa problems.

My goal will be to integrate as fast as possible into the Japanese Life and with a bit of luck, even get a girl. I will try to neglect hanging out with foreigners and would rather try to further improve my language.

I had a similar situation as you when I was about 16 years old. At that time, it didn't work out in Switzerland so I decided to go to my Dad in Thailand. It was very tough at the beginning. I had to adapt to the culture and eventually i managed to hang out with Thais and after only 1.5 years spoke the Language perfectly (including writting). I am quite proud on this accomplishment and hope I will be able to re-live this experience this coming Summer in japan.

I am glad you could share your experience with us on this Forum and I admire your power to fight through the tough life of getting started in Japan.
(#589 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-13-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedova View Post
hey Nyororin,
I just wanted to congratulate you on your great success. Since I am myself going to Japan this Summer I read through your stories intensively. My aim will be to learn as much Japanese as possible within 6 months and then decide where to continue my studies. I am 22 years old and am half Japanese half Swiss, but since I've forgotten (!) how to speak Japanese when I was younger, i will attempt a second go.

You were talking about Free Japanese classes. Do you know where to get more information about that? I will be staying in Wakayama at my nearly 80 year old Grandma's place. I have about $18,000 so saving as much money as possible is crucial. I might even need to find a part-time job, whilst there. Since I own the Japanese Passport, i won't encounter any Visa problems.

My goal will be to integrate as fast as possible into the Japanese Life and with a bit of luck, even get a girl. I will try to neglect hanging out with foreigners and would rather try to further improve my language.

I had a similar situation as you when I was about 16 years old. At that time, it didn't work out in Switzerland so I decided to go to my Dad in Thailand. It was very tough at the beginning. I had to adapt to the culture and eventually i managed to hang out with Thais and after only 1.5 years spoke the Language perfectly (including writting). I am quite proud on this accomplishment and hope I will be able to re-live this experience this coming Summer in japan.

I am glad you could share your experience with us on this Forum and I admire your power to fight through the tough life of getting started in Japan.
If you want Japanese lessons, I recommend contacting the Wakayama Interpreter and Guide Club. They are local volunteers that guide visitors around the prefecture. They were very kind and helpful to me while I was there, and I traded English for Japanese lessons with one of their members. They also showed me all around Wakayama.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#590 (permalink))
Old
kanedova (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kanedova
04-13-2008, 09:19 PM

thx samurai, i will definitly have a look at that.