(#11 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

Send a message via MSN to Shanis
09-24-2007, 11:24 PM

Here, i thought i help u to find out about the japanese school system :>
Elementary schools in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But i haven´t found the article that i read in german... that was much better but i think that one do it as well^^ if u want i translate the important thinks from the german for u just tell me
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-24-2007, 11:41 PM

Working as a translator or interpreter is a good idea, if you are married to a Japanese person or if you can find a company that will sposnor you. 99% of anime and mange that is translated into English is done by American and European publishers. The Japanese publishers don't publish in English. Most anime and manga translators live in the same country as the publisher.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
matt19261 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-30-2007, 11:03 PM

hey, i found this on my many trips around the internet. Ummm this is a website full of jobs in japan for foreingners. i hope this helps.
Jobs in Japan : Search jobs - Jobs - Japan Jobs - Japan Info - Japan Apartments - Japan Classifieds - Japan Forums
(#14 (permalink))
Old
individualityspikes (Offline)
New to JF

10-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19261 View Post
hey, i found this on my many trips around the internet. Ummm this is a website full of jobs in japan for foreingners. i hope this helps.
Jobs in Japan : Search jobs - Jobs - Japan Jobs - Japan Info - Japan Apartments - Japan Classifieds - Japan Forums
Wow, that was useful, thank you!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Lonewolf (Offline)
New to JF

10-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Hey I was wandering about something. Not to offend any English teachers here or anything, but are there other jobs in Japan that I could do without being able to speak Japanese? When I go over (in about 4 years) I will (hopefully) have a degree in computer science. Are there say, english speaking IT companies?
If not, I would probably come over as an english teacher, learn Japanese and then try get a normal IT job.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
matt19261 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-07-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by individualityspikes View Post
Wow, that was useful, thank you!
no problem. glad i was able to help.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-07-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Hey I was wandering about something. Not to offend any English teachers here or anything, but are there other jobs in Japan that I could do without being able to speak Japanese? When I go over (in about 4 years) I will (hopefully) have a degree in computer science. Are there say, english speaking IT companies?
If not, I would probably come over as an english teacher, learn Japanese and then try get a normal IT job.
Without being able to speak the language, no. You could investigate American companies with offices in Japan, but what reason would they have for sending a non-speaker over there? Do they teach Japanese at your college?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
watergoo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to watergoo
10-07-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanajuu View Post
I am but 17, and still have a year and 3/4th of school to go(Hate it - but hey, it gives me time to study Japanese... Hopefully I'll be fluent by the time I get out of school..) and recently I have been thinking of college and jobs(As any 17 year old should do in America)...

Ok, first of all: Should I save up and move to Japan after high school and go to college there? Are there even colleges there?( I need to research the Japanese school systems more...) Or would it be better to complete college in America?

On to Jobs... If I do go to Japan before college, I will of course have to work through it(If it is anything like the American school system).. My parents are cheap bastards who spent all my college savings on that damned plasma TV..(Always been content with a normal one, no idea why it needs to be bigger.. or plasma).. So, what type of jobs could an American college student in Japan apply for?

On to after college... I have no idea what type of jobs are available in Japan... I have too much pride to be an english teacher... If anyone could give me a general idea about what industries are there? Is it basically the same as American industries? Just to give you an idea, my interests are pretty much technological stuff... I have always had an odd fetish for virus-busting, too.

Hehe... sorry for all the questions, but I have been dying to ask them for a long time...

Thanks!

*Goes back to preparing more Flash Cards... Gods gift to language-learners!*
BAKA.... You dumb ass. You'll never find a job in Japan. Good luck.

I had a sandwich in my head!!!!!!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
matt19261 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-07-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watergoo View Post
BAKA.... You dumb ass. You'll never find a job in Japan. Good luck.
that's not a nice thing to say