JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

12-09-2007, 05:55 PM

They're both sweet but I like the 2nd one more. I also agree with Kanji. The leg looks kinda awkward. Maybe bend it a little?? Overall, those are great
(#32 (permalink))
Old
NickVelvet (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to NickVelvet
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM

I too am not too fond of the leg. It does look a bit unatural. Maybe if both legs were showing. Not seeing the other leg makes you wonder whats going on. Why is he walking like that? When doing a full length image you really need to show the full length. Again using another photo analogy, you rarely see images cropped around the calf. It creates an uncomfortable tension. Its either full length to the ground or 3/4 view. In looking at it for while I would probably have cropped it just above the left wrist.

I like the snow idea and some trees off in the backgroud. Kanji's idea of the sky is perfect. A nice gradation from dark to light will give it a nice framing which will keep the eyes from wandering off the page.

Your doing a great job. Cant wait to see more.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
NatsuNatsu (Offline)
The ultimate manga-ka <3

Send a message via Skype™ to NatsuNatsu
12-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Okay...thank you all SO MUCH for commenting! ...but I gad to do without the bg in the #2 pic. Sowwy >< The reason the leg is out like that is bc I wanted you whoever was looking at it to see what the pant leg looks like bc you can't see it XDDDD

Alwas, I DID enter in the Beat Girlk contest, but did not even place ;-; No wander...I've improved so much! Plus, all I have are colored pencils...most ppl color with PS or Copics...

OKAY! I decided to skratch the first contest pic and make a new one of my new and improved Beat Girl (this one's for you Moodaddy!) I like this one a ton better ^^

Here is the colored pic for #2 ^^ Hope you all still love me ;-;

By the way, I'm just licking my thumb on my tongue XD

And I'm a girl -_-

I love emo bois C:

(#34 (permalink))
Old
zeldalover (Offline)
JF Regular

12-10-2007, 08:52 PM

wow!! I really like this one!! I wish i could draw that well....

that will be a sure win if u entered this! though you might consider some coloring... but be careful, I dont like to color my art, cause if i color them, I hate them and start over again...

I love saria-chan.......
(#35 (permalink))
Old
NatsuNatsu (Offline)
The ultimate manga-ka <3

12-10-2007, 08:55 PM

lol, I plan on cloring the top one...I just wanted some crits first ^^

Thank you btw!

I love emo bois C:

(#36 (permalink))
Old
NickVelvet (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2007, 01:47 AM

WOW the first one is great. Great composition and balance. I love that one the way it is.

Now that you have colored the other one its a little more appealing. Gives it a little more life. I do like the way you cropped it on the left. Just those changes makes a big difference. Glad you didnt listen to me or anyone about the backgroud. I like that you stick to your vision since it really is yours. Now that I see where you were going with it, it makes sense. I kind of like the colored pencils with that one. Gives it some texture.

Im going to have to see if I can find those Copic markers. I think I recall seeing them at the art supply place I go.

Like I mentioned before, that the great thing about art. I may see a work in progress and think "what are they striving for" One of my photography teachers in college and I used to butt heads. I used to go against "the rules" and he would ask "why the hell did you do that" Couldnt stand that guy. He was also quite the chavenist. Just rememberin order to break the rules you still have to learn them first.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by NickVelvet : 12-11-2007 at 01:50 AM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
NatsuNatsu (Offline)
The ultimate manga-ka <3

12-11-2007, 08:58 PM

Thank you so much for the help again NV ^^ I greatly look forward to seeing your comments!

So the top one looks okay? So far I have colored the girl and the birds...all I need to do is color the bg and I will post the colored version!

I love emo bois C:

(#38 (permalink))
Old
NickVelvet (Offline)
JF Regular

12-12-2007, 03:39 AM

Cant wait to see the colored version. I really like the placement of the birds and especially the snowflakes. Some would just place them randomly without thought. You will get to a point if your havent gotten there yet, where you will just place items like that without thinking, but the artistic mind will take over. There is also a nice feeling of movement.

Great job.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
NatsuNatsu (Offline)
The ultimate manga-ka <3

12-12-2007, 08:33 PM

Thank you NV! Your wish is my command!

Here she is, new and improved, colored and done...She was supposed to be in the sky...but when I showed my mom, she got a little confused and thought she was on the ground. She gave me some bad advice and told me to darken in the top with gray...Once I did it...I feel I ruined it...But Imma submit it this way anyway ;-;

Does she look like she's in the sky?

I'm trying to improve on the way I color ><

I love emo bois C:

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Moodaddy (Offline)
PH34R MY M4D NINJ4 SKILL5

Send a message via ICQ to Moodaddy Send a message via AIM to Moodaddy Send a message via MSN to Moodaddy Send a message via Yahoo to Moodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Moodaddy
12-12-2007, 08:49 PM

Moodaddy Approved
*rubber stamp thump*
hehehe

actually i love this one. the panda necklace is awsome, and it looks better somehow because she's not wearing it ( i guess her wearing it would have made it look a bit mundane ^^) oddly enough i didn't think of her being in the sky though. it looks to me like shes running across golden waves (which is kinda kewl because it makes em seem like the waves are frozen) i love the colors and the birds make a great addition ^^

tobi rules

EVERYONE DO THE PERVY DANCE!!!!
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!

My Fellow Pervs!
Hyakushi, Animeomarguy, Katchan6, MazarDantechildofdevil, Forgotenmemory, Sutiiven, Kudosan, Hentaro, Markduff, QuoyaNatsume, IonFortuna, HaganeKakashi

http://www.freewebs.com/moodaddy/myjffamily.htm