LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-13-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcyk8703 View Post
Adobe photoshop elements isnt free its about $100-250, though im not a big fan of it. I use to use it when I was very new to photoshop. In today's print and design industry the top progams used are

Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, Flash, & Dreamweaver.
Quark Express as well...which i hope will die off soon. Learn to use normal photoshop, theres nothing in elements that you cannot do in photoshop.
Yeah, I originally started on proper Photoshop, so using Elements at school was like :O my options aren't there! I must have thought it was free because you can get it free at my school, must have got confused there. I've had around 3-4 years experiance in Photoshop now, and Elements just confuses things for me. I hate Acrobat Reader it annoys the hell out of me for some reason! I use Dreamweaver sometimes, I'm not so good and Flash. I used Quark Express on my work experiance at a graphic design place, and it's a really weird program.

Not that I'm going to advise it or condone it or advertise it or whatever, but you can download them for free off the internet, like most things.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
kcyk8703 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-13-2008, 09:09 PM

I dont mind bashing on Quark, just my personal experience it is a horrible program to work with compared to InDesign. I learn flash on my own time but I may take a course on it since I suck at programming, took programming in high school, would be a bigger fan if i were better at it.

I like photoshop, its a very powerful program as are the majority of adobe apps. I was lucky enough to have a great instructor, 1 of 4 adobe certified in canada.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I dont mind bashing on Quark, just my personal experience it is a horrible program to work with compared to InDesign. I learn flash on my own time but I may take a course on it since I suck at programming, took programming in high school, would be a bigger fan if i were better at it.

I like photoshop, its a very powerful program as are the majority of adobe apps. I was lucky enough to have a great instructor, 1 of 4 adobe certified in canada.
Wow it's really good that you got instructed, I had no-one at all to teach me here, and to be honest even the teachers at my school acknowlegde I know more than them when it comes to Photoshop! I've been trying to teach myself some 3D Design stuff, but it's much harder, so I really kinda need an instructer ^-^;;
(#34 (permalink))
Old
kcyk8703 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-13-2008, 09:23 PM

Haha yeah, formal training is a must when i comes to these programs.
I love 3D design but never got a lot of hands on for it. I tried Maya studio twice it was a brainracker. Keep going with it, experience = power XD.

Was nice chattin' with you. I gotta step out to assist someone with a website.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-13-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Haha yeah, formal training is a must when i comes to these programs.
I love 3D design but never got a lot of hands on for it. I tried Maya studio twice it was a brainracker. Keep going with it, experience = power XD.

Was nice chattin' with you. I gotta step out to assist someone with a website.
Yeah, 3D design interfaces are always so intimidating aswell, I took one look at Blender and 3D Max and was just like

Nice chatting with you too, see you ^-^
(#36 (permalink))
Old
chibiloli93 (Offline)
Zero Luver!

04-14-2008, 06:06 PM

I barely a freshman in high skool(is that bad?) but only juniors can take the photography class @ skool, but i do try & practice on photoshop during my Computer class...since my mom doesnt let me @ home much, she thinks its a waste of my time(i wanna study animation)

Every place plays favorites -____-

http://xxbullet-proofxx.deviantart.com/