JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
laurengl88 (Offline)
JF Regular

situation dilemma - 04-15-2008, 03:34 AM

so here's how it goes: there's a situation going on that if it is not taken care of millions of people will die, quite possibly the entire world. There is a way to take care of it, but it will require someone dieing. There are two people: the first one is a guy who, although he is fairly new to this time period and does not quite understand everything going on in society(he's from the past), has a girlfriend who loves him very much, and if he died, she would kill herself. The other is a guy, who also has friends, one the girl before mentioned, but he has terminal cancer, and the doctors have told him that he probably only has a week or two to live.
If you were writing a story with this situation, which (of the three) would you choose: everyone dieing, guy from past with one person needing his presence, or the guy with cancer, who has a lot of people whom he is important to.
Either way, someone dies.

you see those birds outside your window? they're stalking you.

I may not be better than you, but you are no better than me.

May you have all you need, and may you never want what you don't need.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Nki
04-15-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurengl88 View Post
so here's how it goes: there's a situation going on that if it is not taken care of millions of people will die, quite possibly the entire world. There is a way to take care of it, but it will require someone dieing. There are two people: the first one is a guy who, although he is fairly new to this time period and does not quite understand everything going on in society(he's from the past), has a girlfriend who loves him very much, and if he died, she would kill herself. The other is a guy, who also has friends, one the girl before mentioned, but he has terminal cancer, and the doctors have told him that he probably only has a week or two to live.
If you were writing a story with this situation, which (of the three) would you choose: everyone dieing, guy from past with one person needing his presence, or the guy with cancer, who has a lot of people whom he is important to.
Either way, someone dies.
Mmmm, very interesting... I´m feeling it.. I find interesting the "past character"... I dont know why I see myself reflected in this character (and I just read this shot part of the story)... in the other hand.. the girl looks very very powerful character... in fact... maybe she is the "reason" for the "past" guy.... and the cancer character... mmm.. maybe if he does not die in the story, he is already dead... its just matter of time)

Lovly characters you have... maybe you could write 3 "pre-endings"... write one if the past character die, one if the lady die and another one for the cancer character...
then sleep, a nice and peaceful napp... wake up and read the 3 "pre-endings" and choose the one that fits into the story

Keep on writing

Nki Loves You.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
04-15-2008, 03:55 AM

Uhm, Aslong as the entire world isnt ending it doesnt matter who dies. Hell I'd even replace myself by sacrificing myself before the entire world.. And it would be cool. I would make a Youtube video and be like// "I SAVED YOUR SORRY ASSES" Then die lmao

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#4 (permalink))
Old
laurengl88 (Offline)
JF Regular

04-15-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nki View Post
Mmmm, very interesting... I´m feeling it.. I find interesting the "past character"... I dont know why I see myself reflected in this character (and I just read this shot part of the story)... in the other hand.. the girl looks very very powerful character... in fact... maybe she is the "reason" for the "past" guy.... and the cancer character... mmm.. maybe if he does not die in the story, he is already dead... its just matter of time)

Lovly characters you have... maybe you could write 3 "pre-endings"... write one if the past character die, one if the lady die and another one for the cancer character...
then sleep, a nice and peaceful napp... wake up and read the 3 "pre-endings" and choose the one that fits into the story

Keep on writing
Thanks! The girl actually won't die...she can't run fast enough, and both the guys are in love with her, so it really is just a battle between them or letting all the human population die...

you see those birds outside your window? they're stalking you.

I may not be better than you, but you are no better than me.

May you have all you need, and may you never want what you don't need.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Nki
04-15-2008, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurengl88 View Post
Thanks! The girl actually won't die...she can't run fast enough, and both the guys are in love with her, so it really is just a battle between them or letting all the human population die...

very very xtream love triangle!!!
would you let entire human population die for .... ? nice nice dilemma
would you die for entire human population salvation???
I support the past guy... and maybe something like the "brand new eve-adam" story letting the entire globe die and start all over with one girl with knowledge being in love with this "neardental" dude.

Nki Loves You.