LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
xceeding (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaru View Post
Any length is allowed, so long as it fits in one post.

Alright! Some REALLY good entries so far. Can't wait to see who else decides to enter.
Any length allowed? You know some short stories can be pretty long. Does JF have a limit to the post? I'm working on one, but everyone will hate me for being so looooooong!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

09-14-2008, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xceeding View Post
Any length allowed? You know some short stories can be pretty long. Does JF have a limit to the post? I'm working on one, but everyone will hate me for being so looooooong!
I'm looking forward to it really my friend.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#33 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

09-14-2008, 04:32 AM

well heres mine...havent written any stories like this in 10 years...please let me know what you guys think...

Short story entry

The end is the beginning is the end

I heard it before i felt it....

rumbling getting ever closer, ever nearer...until everything in the house is shaking.
I havent felt anything like this since i was 10 years old...the memories of it comes back to me...
Stumbling out of my room i see my mum & dad....the very people that i wouldnt think would be
in the same room with one another...running trying to get as many possesions as they can

Mom i yell. MOM! WE HAVE TO GET OUT NOW
But were would we go? she asks look outside...
all the while the rumbling is still going on....tears are pouring out of my face...why isnt this stopping?
then i see it...
over the horizon some 5 miles away....the earth is rising like a tsunami...the reason? the biggest beast i have ever seen...colossus in animal form borne from the very depths of hell....
as he advances there is really nothing else that we can do. running is no longer an option
& this beast will surely destroy what is left of this world....as i see many other beasts like these heading towards this town as though this was their intended target
then...
a heavy silence fills my ears..the rumbling stops & the beast disappears...i don't want to believe that he is gone...& soon my self fulfilled prophecy comes to life...he comes up from under the earth
as though he was a dolphin & the earth is its ocean...& at this point I truly wonder if this the end of the wo-BAM!!!!

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku

Last edited by reihiino : 09-14-2008 at 04:37 AM.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
09-15-2008, 02:09 AM

.........wow

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

09-15-2008, 04:18 PM

I decided to edit my story and add more parts into it.

---------Title: 'Not today. Not tonight.'

The sun, descending into the mist that crept over the horizon like a giant hulking beast, was a deep red as it set for the last time in Darius' time. Drinking in the sight, Darius let out a small, silent sigh. There would be no point in thinking that he would survive this endless night.

The landscape in front of him stood barren and ashen. What once used to be the fabled 'Garden's of the Eisen', where flowers of every kind had bloomed, and the birds of the world once sang, day and night, now was silent and grey. Where ponds and lakes once glistened in the sunlight, now only stood craters and poisonous swamps and bogs. It was a sad sight to behold, how low and corrupt everything had fallen.

The Larulian's had arrived 15 years ago. Huge, slimy creatures with the minds to grasp such complex and powerful technology, that could only be classed as futuristic. Their arrival, at first was peaceful, and the human's had established a proper trade system with the Larulian's. Soon, the Human's took examples of the Larulian technology, and started to build upon it and made it their own type. Ten years ago, the Human race truly peaked and prospered. But peace was not to be held, at first, a feud between a high ranking Human and Larulian started to sprout, and by the third year of the feud the whole world was thrown into war.

As a result, all but Eisen, the main capital of the Human's world, was destroyed. And now, Darius the General of the Militian Army, stood alone on the hills of the Eisen, looking upon the final battlefield.

A dark haired man jogged from the army who stood outside the capital gates and stopped beside him. "My Lord Xer'quil. The army has assembled, awaiting your command..." Laguna, his second in command, and childhood friend. "Pardon my musing my Lord, for it may not be my place to speak, but I think we might stand a chance!"
A small chuckle emanated from Darius' cracked, closed lips. Even nearing forty, Laguna still had his childish outlooks on life, ever believing in hope, one that Darius was glad to have at times. But not here. Not today. Not tonight. "Laguna, can you remember the day when we sat on the swings, talking about how we dreamed of being on the front lines of the army, staring death in the eye, together?"

At first no sound came from beside him, but gradually Laguna spoke, his voice strong yet doubtful at where this conversation would lead. "Ofcourse, Darius. That was the day we decided to join the Militian Army. But, little did we know that we would rise so high." He grinned at the thought.
"Aye." Darius replied, "We were naive, we believed in honor and all that what not. That was thirty years ago. We have grown from that point on, Laguna. You of all people should know that we have no hope today."
Not a word came form Laguna, but Darius could feel the sadness and depression that weighed heavy onto the air. He could smell the fear, taste the tears that fell from the soft cheeks of the women in the city. Even out here.

Turning, Darius regarded his friend carefully. Although his friend's hair and smooth face was opposite to Darius' features, who's face was creviced with wrinkles and hair shot with silver, his eyes and tall body mirrored Darius' build. Their eyes, forever sharp to the truth and their bodies built to take the damage, they were fine candidates for the higher positions. "At times, Laguna, I wish we had not climbed so high, sometimes I wish-"
"Regrets are not for today, Old man. You told me that yourself. Not today. Not today." Laguna replied, "What did you expect, Darius? Old man, we have grown and lived our lives already. It is our job to lead these men, our brothers to their graves. No one said it would be easy."

Old man. Hah, even though they were the same age, Darius' looks always provoked the humourous nickname from Laguna.

A roar, filling the air with mechanical hatred, shattered the very air around the humans causing many to look around in fear and many to stumble to the ground.

"They've arrived." Laguna said with a sigh.
"They're late." Darius replied sarcastically.

The night sky, void of stars suddenly lit up with lights. Moving lights. The roar of the ships that started to descend onto the battlefield blocked out the chance to think. Darius had never been able to think in such noise. Some of the lighter ships started to whiz over their heads, their light pitched engines giving a melody to the roars of the transporter ships. Soon, those ships would land, and they would be chest deep with Larulian's.

As the ships started to land, he could hear the charge of the buster rifles his men used. It seemed to him that the men were ready for a battle. A battle they could not win.

"Laguna, get the men." Darius' long dark hair whipped about him in a frenzy as the roars of the beasts reached his ears. He heard Laguna turn his back and jog down the hill towards the army. Taking a huge gulp of air, and smelling the last fresh air he will encounter from this point on, Darius came to terms with his past and his life.

"It's a good day to die, a good night." With a laugh, he hefted his Blast Charger, charging it to fully automatic.

The transporter gates were opened and slowly, hordes of Larulian's started to march onto the city. Like predator's calmly approaching their trapped and doomed prey. Judging their speed and distance, Darius decided he had enough for one last speech and so turned to his men with a grin on his face. Raising his voice so he could be heard, he lifted a clenched fist into the air.

"Men. Our time is near. But let's show these beasts, that although outnumbered, we fight like ten of their slimy kind! I don't know about you, my brothers, but I'll be DAMNED if I don't take sixteen of those bastards with me!" With a roar, Darius led the final charge of humanity down to slopes of the Eisen. His roar, amplified by his brother's roars, started the beginning of the end. The battle for a victory that didn't exist. The end of the world.

----------------

There, I'm much more happier with that. Abit longer, but short enough for more detail.

Last edited by Salvanas : 09-15-2008 at 04:21 PM.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM

Sweet baby bits this is amazing! I'm going to get started right away, and I'll have it ready in a few days!

Wow...sorry, got a bit fan-boyish there.

I'm gathering around 500-800 words is the limit?

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

09-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
Sweet baby bits this is amazing! I'm going to get started right away, and I'll have it ready in a few days!

Wow...sorry, got a bit fan-boyish there.

I'm gathering around 500-800 words is the limit?
I don't think there's a set limit, as long as it's not a novel. I'm looking forward to read yours.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

09-15-2008, 08:12 PM

@Eiri- i like your story alot!XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

09-20-2008, 12:04 AM

*Bump*

About 7 more days friends. I'd like to see as many entries as possible.

Squad 11 - Sanity isn't our style.

Emilie Autumn, in the middle. She's amazing. That is all.

"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
09-24-2008, 07:21 PM

...i dont think this is going to get any more posts...unless you tell ppl about in the general discussions page or something >_>

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3